Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods & Artifacts : List & Explanations (As Of Update 6.5)

ap0k41yp5

Since this is often asked, I think it would be useful to explain what all the mods & artifacts do. If you have more info on existing mods or artifacts, new ones or corrections to do, please tell it in this topic and I'll update the OP.

WEAPON MODS :

Ammo maximum : Enables you to carry more ammo for the corresponding weapon.

Armour piercing damage : Makes you deal additional armour piercing damage that is particularly efficient vs heavy armored targets (like Grineer lancers).

Charge damage : Increases the damage of your charged melee strikes.

Clip capacity : Makes you clips carry more bullets.

Critical chance : Adds chances that you will hit a critical strike (stronger attack displayed in yellow)

Critical damage : Makes your critical strikes deal even more damage (the base multiplier being 1.5).

Damage : Makes you deal additional damage.

Electricity damage : Makes you deal additional electricity damage that is particularly efficient vs robotics and stuns most non-shielded targets.

Fire damage : Makes you deal additional fire damage that is particularly efficient vs light armored targets (like Infestation) and sometimes make enemies panic.

Fire rate : Increases your fire rate (or attack speed on melee weapons).

Freeze damage : Makes you deal additional freeze damage is particularly efficient vs shields and slows enemies.

Heavy Charge speed : Increases the charge speed of your charged melee strikes.

Multishot : Makes you occasionnally shoot multiple bullets, or increases the amount of pellets shot with shotguns. Decimal values represent the percentage of shots that will feature an extra bullet.

Puncture : Makes you bullets go through walls, objects or enemies. The value represents the distance (in meters) the bullet(s) can go through.

Reload speed : Makes you reload your weapon faster.

Stun chance : Gives your attacks a chance to stun your target.

WARFRAME MODS :

Armor : Deacreases the damage you sustain when your shields are down.

Enemy radar : Enemies are shown on your radar. The value represents the distance (in meters) at which your radar is effective.

Health : Increases your maximum health.

Loot radar : Loot is shown on your radar. The value represents the distance (in meters) at which your radar is effective.

Melee damage : Increases the damage dealt by your melee strikes.

Power duration : Increases the duration of your powers.

Power efficiency : Decreases the energy costs of your powers.

Power max : Increases your maximum energy.

Power range : Increases the range of your powers.

Power strength : Increases the damage of your powers.

Shield capacity : Increases your maximum shield capacity.

Shield recharge : Increases the rate at which you shield recharges.

Sprint speed : Increases your speed while sprinting.

Stamina Max : Increases your maximum stamina (for running, etc...).

Stamina recharge rate : increases the rate at which your stamina recharges.

On a side note :- Mod values are calculated multiplicatively for the moment, not additively. This means per example that if you have 2 +50% shield capacity mods, you will have a total of 225% shields, not 200%. Health, energy and shields mod stack additively.

ARTIFACTS :

Artifacts provide bonuses for all your squad. They are stackable. Each player can choose one at the beginning of every mission (these are not 1-mission only consumables, once you got one it stays in your deck). They can be found in some alert missions (about 30% of them) as a mission completion reward (you don't have to actually find them, they are just awarded at the mission ending). If an alert gives you an artifact as a reward, it will be listed in the rewards list before starting the mission as a "random reward".

Affinity Amp : Increases the affinity you gain from kills.

Dead Eye : Increases the damage you deal with snipers.

Electrical Resistance : Decreases the elecricity damage you sustain.

Enemy Radar : Shows enemies as red dots on your radar.

Energy Siphon : Passively regenerates your energy.

Fire Resistance : Decreases the fire damage you sustain.

Frost Insulation : Decreases the freeze damage you sustain.

Laser Deflection : Makes you deflect lasers damage.

Loot Detector : Shows loot crates/containers/corpses on your radar.

Physique : Increases you maximum health.

Pistol Amp : Increases the damage you deal with pistols.

Pistol Scavenger : Enemies/crates/containers/corpses drop more pistol ammo.

Rejuvenation : Passively regenerates your health.

Rifle Amp : Increases the damage you deal with rifles.

Rifle Scavenger : Enemies/crates/containers/corpses drop more rifle ammo.

Shotgun Amp : Increases the damage you deal with shotguns.

Shotgun Scavenger : Enemies/crates/containers/corpses drop more shotgun ammo.

Sniper Scavenger : Enemies/crates/containers/corpses drop more sniper ammo.

Sprint Boost : Increases your speed while sprinting.

Steel Charge : Increases your melee damage.

Toxin Resistance : Decreases the poison damage you sustain.

Edited by ap0k41yp5

Thanks, really useful!

I would add that electricity stuns all non-shielded targets (or most), even grineer, not only corpus.

One question: so Multishot controls only the possibility of landing a multyshot, right? Then if I already have a 90% multishot, stacking another 80% is nearly useless, right?

Thanks for the precisions on elemental changes, didn't really try them yet.

Concerning the multishot ; let's take a snipetron for the example. Each time you pull the trigger, you shoot 1 bullet. With a +90% multishot mod, you will have 1.9 multishot, which means that 90% of your shots will feature 2 bullets. If you have a +90% and a +80%, your new multishot value will be 3.42 (with a multiplicative calculation), which means that each time you pull the trigger, you will shoot 3 bullets at the same time, and 42% of your shots will feature 4 bullets. Stack the multishot mods and enjoy your new shotty-sniper ^^

Edited by ap0k41yp5

Steve, would it be possible to pin useful informational threads like this one, Nexus' boss loot tables or another I saw which explained hidden moves ? It would be nice so that there aren't 10 topics created every day about the same subject because newcomers can't find easily the info. There was one pinned post before, but I guess it was taken down because of outdated pre-update 5 info.

Edited by ap0k41yp5

Additional notes on crits:

Critical hits only do additional damage with a 1.5 multiplier default. This isn't pure damage, so it's affected by armor reductions, and also by headshot multipliers. Crits also seem to have a tendency to stagger/stun enemies for a short duration (needs verification).

Additional note on multishot:

Multishot bullets don't consume ammo.

Edited by Rusalki

I didn't notice for the stagger. I get it sometimes when dealing heavy damage but not necessarily crits (without stun mods).

Yeah, I'm never really sure just what triggers a stagger/stun affect, which is why that bit needs verification. I suppose it's just massive damage, then.

I added info on artifacts. I'll need your help on this one since I didn't find many of them despite farming alert missions all the afternoon. There should be some artifacts that I assume exist considering those that were already found (rifle or sniper scavenger since we got shotty and pistol, loot radar since we got enemy radar, etc...) but I won't display them if I'm not sure of their existence. Don't hesitate to post new ones, I'll update the OP ! !

Artifacts [...] can be found in some alert missions as a mission completion reward.

Sorry, can you clarify on this? Do you mean it's like a random blueprint drop, or that it's a mission-end reward that you can see in the preview? I've also heard that people have found artifacts from destructible containers...honestly, the details on acquiring artifact cards are frustratingly limited.