Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless Defense Missions Are Awesome (Wave 35)

aMannus

So here's the story. 2 friends and I were starting a defense mission. I was normally on my Nyx for Chaos, but I just rush builded my Saryn so I could finally play her, so we switched out. After getting wave after wave of stupid claim rewards, and the idea of wanting to see a level 100 mob, we kept pushing. Ultimately, we ended at level 35 since it just took way too long to go any further.

My HEK with 90% damage, 120% multishot, 90% armor piercing, 75% fire damage and 60% freeze damage didn't even put a dent into these guys. Even a single Charger required 3 shots straight in the face to get killed by it.

Below are some screenies for people that are curious.

Here's how the level looked pretty much throughout the run if you're actually not using powers.

Defense_Power_zps3982976e.png

Here's a screenie that shows the Disrupter was level 111 (!) at wave 35.

Defense_Level_zps8465204e.png

And here's our claim reward at wave 35 (Ciphers FTW?).

Defense_Cipher_zpsb90b9a92.png

And ultimately, the experience we got from this run.

Defense_EndMission_zps4d459694.png

I sadly forgot to actually make a screenshot of the stats screen after the mission, otherwise I would've shared the amount of mobs being killed and all that stuff. If someone doesn't think Warframe isn't fun anymore, go play these defense missions. They are a ridiculous amount of fun, even when higher waves don't neccesarily mean better rewards.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by aMannus

all that work to get to level 35 and you end up with a reward most people skip at wave 5.

I thought the rarity was supposed to go UP teh longer you play?

Yeah, the claim rewards are freaking weird. We literally got a cipher as an option atleast 3 times within those 35 waves, and the 'rarest' reward we could choose from was a rare fire damage mod for a pistol. And I think that was on wave 15 or so.

I'm confused how you manage to survive when frame caps are 30 and you're fighting level 100 enemies...I don't understand how you made it.

First off, even the highest level missions on systems like Pluto, there's enemies way higher than level 30. Although it does seem like it in the beginning of the game, enemy levels actually don't mean anything when compared to your own warframe or weapon level. The combination of this, some good mods on our guns, and Nyx's Chaos used in the right way, you'll be able to hold out to wave 40 or even 45, given you want to spend another 3 hours actually tickling them down to death.

EDIT: Yay, 300 posts.

Edited by aMannus

I'm confused how you manage to survive when frame caps are 30 and you're fighting level 100 enemies...I don't understand how you made it.

I dont think frame<->enemy levels are comparable. I believe enemy levels just scale their damage and health (surely other things too)

The only way to do this is by using Nyx. What we did, as mentioned in the OP. With Chaos, the level of the mobs doesn't matter. They kil each other just fine. The problem is the huge health pools and armor on those mobs. It takes ages to take out the remaining ones...it's totally not worth playing that far while going for mods or the reward. But it was hell of a lot of fun :-D.

They need to make the clip size mod for the shotgun better. I mean seriously, 30% at max rank? That's barely one extra bullet in the clip! Before this U7, you get 10 shots once you just maxed out the skill tree, not even needing any clip size mods. Also, max reload speed increase is also 30%.....just wow.

They need to make the clip size mod for the shotgun better. I mean seriously, 30% at max rank? That's barely one extra bullet in the clip! Before this U7, you get 10 shots once you just maxed out the skill tree, not even needing any clip size mods. Also, max reload speed increase is also 30%.....just wow.

On the other hand, atleast shotguns actually feel and play like shotguns now, instead of a semi automatic rifle with lots of bullets coming out of the barrel at the same time. Sure, I would've loved some higher numbers on a shotgun as well, but they aren't really neccesary.

arrr how dare you me having to work all day while you three had that much fun and awesome loot yaaaar!

dat loot... HAHA! :D

Don't blame us for you having a life and all that. D: I'm sure we'll be doing this again at some point and we'll probably even try to get to wave 40. You will get your chance as well, don't worry. That is, if BuddlSchlumpf isn't going to be a loot egoïst again and wants to stop at wave 15. :D

Totally random loot system, obviously Lotus lied to us.

They once offered me chiper after Wave 20. I can fully understand how's that feeling.

To be honest, I wasn't even mad, and I think those other two weren't either. We knew beforehand going past wave 15 or 20 didn't increase our chance of getting a good drop, and mods come to a halt at that point as well because of less enemies dieing in the same time span. It really was just all for good fun, and with that mindset you won't get irritated so easily, even when getting a Cipher as a reward for wave 35.

Edited by aMannus

Sorry for off-topic, but when you crafted your Saryn warframe, it had all 4 skill card mods ?

Not sure, to be honest. Since it was unranked I couldn't slot in anything anyway. I'll check in 10 minutes or so, currently just finished dinner so not in my man cave yet.

EDIT: Just checked, it does give you a single unranked mod per ability.

Edited by aMannus

level 111 mobs? What defense mission were you doing cause over here at Eris it's Level 130 at Wave 35!

[picture]

Haha, we were doing Io on Jupiter. We did it on that level because it was the lowest level defense mission with infestation. We could've gone a higher wave but it just takes too darn long. I applaud you for getting to wave 35 on Eris though, freaking awesome! :D

Did you stop at Wave 35 as well, btw? Would love to see some people going for wave 40 or even higher. I see a friendly competition coming up soon on the forums, heh.

Edited by aMannus

Haha, we were doing Io on Jupiter. We did it on that level because it was the lowest level defense mission with infestation. We could've gone a higher wave but it just takes too darn long. I applaud you for getting to wave 35 on Eris though, freaking awesome! :D

Did you stop at Wave 35 as well, btw? Would love to see some people going for wave 40 or even higher. I see a friendly competition coming up soon on the forums, heh.

Nope, we did wave 36 and i left after that. I was with some crazy people attempting for 40 too. I had no ammo and only a mod-less viper doing 1 dmg per shot that isn't going to help me against these infested.

I usually quit around wave 20-25 just due to how boring it becomes when the challenge to survive isn't any harder just the hp of the mobs become so much that it takes forever to kill them.

Also mosts hosts can't handle all the ammo drops on the ground after awhile. Game seriously starts lagging out like whoa just at wave 20...

--

Edited by Nokturnal

Nope, we did wave 36 and i left after that. I was with some crazy people attempting for 40 too. I had no ammo and only a mod-less viper doing 1 dmg per shot that isn't going to help me against these infested.

Aww. Yeah, I only have unmodded pistols right now, since I pumped all my credits into shotgun mods. I do have some melee mods though, but that'll hardly help against the Toxiancients. Still want to go for wave 40, maybe 45 at some point though. Guessing ammo packs will be a blessing while trying that.

Wish Id actually have people join that know how to play

Make friends ingame, go into the 'Looking for Squad' part of the forum, ask people there, etc. There's plenty of players that know how to play, you just have to find them.

I usually quit around wave 20-25 just due to how boring it becomes when the challenge to survive isn't any harder just the hp of the mobs become so much that it takes forever to kill them.

Also mosts hosts can't handle all the ammo drops on the ground after awhile. Game seriously starts lagging out like whoa just at wave 20...

--

Good thing both me and Buddl, which is almost always there if I do this stuff, have good internet. I personally had no issues with the game lagging more while we got close to wave 20 or even when we were on wave 35. FPS drops are a bigger issue when there's like a 1000 mobs in your screen, and that's while I have quite a decent gaming system.

Edited by aMannus

--

Yep, +1

difficulty =/= challenge

higher level mobs =/= depth

Update 7 feedback wise, I largely prefer the challenge of the new boss. It requires a bit more of team coordination. Even if those grenades she throws are a bit OP...

Edited by Thelonious

Yep, +1

difficulty =/= challenge

higher level mobs =/= depth

Update 7 feedback wise, I largely prefer the challenge of the new boss. It requires a bit more of team coordination. Even if those grenades she throws are a bit OP...

Although I partly agree, there's still the feeling of danger that as soon as you even hit a toxiancient, you'll die. Or if you let a single charger get to the pod, it'll 3 hit it. After level 100, this will stay the same, but up to that point, there definiately still is an increase in difficulty, even though it's small.

On the other hand, the new boss, is cheap as hell. All the AoE brings you and your entire team down within a few shots, and there's not that much teamwork possible. Sure, combo's like Mag's Bullet Attractor and Excalibur's Radial Javelin finally have a place, but apart from that, there's not all that much teamwork involved. What I usually do and am almost forced to do is just get on my Rhino, activate iron skin and burn her with my HEK. Not really all that much teamwork found in that.

Nope, we did wave 36 and i left after that

Haha, hey Rav. That was an awesome run. I still think we coulda made it to 40, but I ran outta heals and eventually a Toxic Ancient knocked me out. I was kinda ticked because the Revives reset like 5 minutes afterwards. I had the highest kills when I left, 300 exactly. :P