Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Orchid - Protector Of Life.

Dasachi

Orchid

The Orchid Warframe is based off of the Greek goddess Hegemone, who has the power to make plants grow and bear fruit. So obviously, her abilities are plant based. This warframe is pure support.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Some possible abilities that the Orchid may be able to use. All stats have been deleted so that any ability can be accepted by the concept itself and not its stats.

Status Guard

Orchid puts up a shield around herself and any allies in her vicinity that protects them from proc effects for a time. Both warframes and sentinels will be affected. The shield does not protect from damage.

Intensify does not affect this ability.

Continuity affects how long Status Guard lasts.

Stretch affects how close allies must be to be affected.

Overgrow

Orchid sends out spores that seek out her allies and pump them with adrenaline for a time. During this time, all damage output is increased. Ally speed is also increased.

Intensify affects damage output increase and speed increase.

Continuity affects how long Overgrow lasts.

Stretch does not affect this ability.

Recover

Orchid causes plants to burst forth from the ground that release a healing aura. Allies within its range are healed. Any downed allies will be revived. This ability does not revived dead players, only downed.

Intensify affects how much health is restored and how fast down allies are revived.

Continuity affects how long Recover lasts.

Stretch affects size of the aura.

Vines[ultimate]

Orchid causes vines to sprout from the ground and pin down enemies, causing them to be immobilized and take damage. Aiming at one enemy will cause one massive vine to wrap around him and do massive damage.

Intensify affects how much damage Vines does.

Continuity affects how long enemies are pinned down.

Stretch affects how close enemies must be in order to be affected.

Solar Flare

Orchid releases a blinding flash of light that staggers and stuns enemies in its line of sight, regardless of how far away they are.

Intensify does not affect this ability.

Continuity affects how long enemies are stunned for.

Outbreak

Orchid releases a gas from her suit that trails behind her when she runs. Any enemy that passes through the gas or gets close enough to Orchid will catch the "virus." This virus causes enemies to have decreased health and damage for a time. Any enemy with the "virus" that gets close enough to their allies with transmit it to them as well.

Intensify affects the health and damage decrease.

Continuity affects how long enemies have the "virus" as well as long the gas trail lingers.

Stretch affects the range enemies have to be to catch the "virus"

Note: Outbreak is not a poison, its viral. It does not give any proc effects like bleed or poison.

Spore Pod

Orchid summons a pod-like trap at the location she is looking. It can be placed on walls or ceilings. When enemies get into the range of the pod, it releases spores that causes enemies to become confused and become unalert. Enemies basically forget where they are until the effect wears off. Pod lasts until the trap is tripped. The spores take on the proc effects of the environment its in. i.e. On levels with ice, spores can slow. On levels with fire, spores can burn.

Intensify does not affect this ability

Continuity affects how long enemies are confused and how long the spores linger.

Stretch affects range of the spores.

Photosynthesis[ultimate] This ability is key to Orchids play style as she is a pure support warframe. Vines is only there as another concept in case people don't like the idea of not having a direct damage ability.

Orchid begins to absorb gamma radiation from the sun and converts it to health or energy depending on which is lower. (Another idea is to let her choose which to convert it to, but how to do that is difficult to decide. Possibly by left clicking for health and right clicking for energy?) The idea behind this ability is that it compliments her other abilities.

Being a pure support warframe, Orchid wouldn't be much use to her teammates if she cant use her abilities to support them. For this reason, this ability must be unique and not require any energy to be used, instead the ability will be based solely on a cooldown, meaning it would be a set amount of time before it could be used again.

Intensify affects how much health or energy is restored.

Continuity does not affect this ability.

Personally I understand why most people will think Photosynthesis is OP.  I however disagree and think it is imperative to the success and future of this game to come up with new and unique ideas that set each warframe apart.

Edited by Dasachi

Might want to change the name of Lotus we already got one so name it something near that just not that. The mimic one I've had that idea before but I can say not a good idea people will just make an OP frame thats can do things like m prime invisible, pull and Balista or ironskin Bullet attractor Javlin and sonic boom besides that Lotus's abilitys seem good can you add some stats though

Edited by Sasoka

Rename the Lotus to something else maybe and it'd sound better.

I'd also suggest changing the vine from a slight damage, to an AOE around the targetted enemy instead, giving it a lot more utility and making it worth the energy.

As well you'll have to adapt Recover to fit the game, you can't bring back someone from the dead, but I like the idea of a ranged revive ability.

If you put the Recover as the 75 ability, and the Vine as a maxed 50m 10-20 second snare, it'd have a lot better utility.

That third is too similar to Oberon's. The ultimate isn't very... ultimate. Only 500 damage, and snare? The only impressive thing about it is the 40 meter radius--which is a little unrealistic. Targeted abilities are already capped out at 50 meters because of errors beyond that, and the average radial ultimate only goes 20 meters. You've doubled that... And your second is way too powerful, too. 200% damage for 25 seconds, for only 50 energy and a second ability? Too powerful. The first is a bit iffy... not very useful in most cases.

• 3 weeks later...

Well like i said its not up to me to balance it. Even zephyr went through changes before they added her. They didnt take the guys concept and do it exact.

you're totally right, but if the concept is well balanced and thought out, then they're more likely to use it.

you're totally right, but if the concept is well balanced and thought out, then they're more likely to use it.

Yeah, Im working on it. But time isnt my friend right now. Everything Ive changed Ive put on paper, So when I feel like Ive done some good, I'll edit the post.

Also feedback is appreciated, but suggestions are even more appreciated.

Edited by Dasachi