Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Freeze (Codename Ice Blast internally): Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.
Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.
Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

2/10/2014 Update:

With this change being live for just shy of a week now, feedback and changes are still being discussed to Frost. Continue on topic and with constructive analysis, please.

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Ice Blast: Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.

Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

All sounds good. But please slightly increase his speed. Or allow him slide more easily on the ice from his #2 like Iceman from the X-Men or something... LOL.

But really more speed would be ideal.

Edited by RawGritz

I'm fine with Frost's snow globe some sort of finite value due to its overbearing usage prior to today. It reinforces the importance of defending the pod, but what it really does need to be instead is an incoming damage reduction sphere and allow warframe powers (friendly stuffs) to pass through it. All other incoming projectiles should be slowed down substantially.

EDIT:

Freeze needs an AOE effect and needs to freeze multiple targets.

Ice Wave should leave a lingering slow effect.

Snow Globe should be sturdier, and explode with a slowing effect.

Avalanche should be a rolling avalanche of ice that Frost can ride if activated while in the air.

1: Flash Freeze (25 EN)

Damage: 100/150/200/250 (Cold)

Effect: Fires a high-speed exploding projectile. All targets within a 5/6/7/8m radius are frozen for 6/7/8/9 seconds until 30/35/40/45% damage is dealt to their health. Explodes on impact. After the damage has been dealt, targets are still slowed 30% for 3 seconds afterward.

2: Ice Wave (35 EN)

Damage: 300/450/600/750 (Cold)

Effect: Launches Ice Wave and leaves a lingering slow effect barrier of ice crystals that slows targets 30/35/40/45% that lasts for 3/4/5/6 seconds. 100% Proc Rate

Ice crystals shrink over time.

3: Snow Globe (50 EN)

Effect: Deflects physical damage, but is permeable by basic elemental damage types. Fire damage will go straight through the bubble. Electricity will arc through it, and toxin projectiles will pass through regardless. Otherwise remains unchanged from (pre-u12). Ally projectile-based powers will pass through. Duration is halved from pre-u12 stats. Once it expires, it releases a wide blast of slowing effects.

Alternate Snow Globe (The one I'd much rather see)

-Produces a shield of various ice plates that absorb up to 4000 damage a piece. Fire damage passes through, but physical damage is blocked. Once the ice plates break, they dissipate into vapor. Upgrades produce more ice plates of smaller sizes to reduce the space that enemies can shoot through once they've broken an ice plate. Damage threshold is increased with strength mods. Can only have one active at a time. Activating once more refreshes the snow globe, but destroys the other. No time limit.

4: Avalanche (100 EN)

Damage: 2000 (Cold)

Effect: Frost launches a massive rolling avalanche forward that accumulates mass with the number of enemies affected. Enemies pushed by the avalanche freeze. Frozen enemies that collide with level geometry take additional damage and are slowed for the duration.

If cast in the air, Frost will ride the Avalanche forward and steer it by aiming.

Edited by Vaskadar

Hmm, 3500 Seems extremely low, like 1 shot by a high lvl minion low. Warframes can at least avoid most of the damage with moving, but since Snowglobe is a big target that all the enemies will probably be shooting at, it sounds like it's useless now. This is just speculation from my part though, will have to try it out myself, but I think the golden age of Frost is over.

I like this. I always use Frost in a more aggressive way, with snowglobes used to slow enemies down or when I need to breathe, so this will be cool. I know people will be unhappy with snowglobe being nerfed, but honestly, it needed it.