Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I haven't heard anything about a Frost nerf at all. This is sorta out of the blue. And judging from Rebecca's post, looks like it's U12, which is tomorrow

I've predicted that snow globe was getting a nerf a LOOONG time ago, ever since endless defense was introduced.

I haven't heard anything about a Frost nerf at all. This is sorta out of the blue. And judging from Rebecca's post, looks like it's U12, which is tomorrow

Not tomorrow its sometime today as its Update Wednesday hence people are so edgy about this change announcement.

I'm so edgy to the point I forgot about that Blaze Alert just a while ago and missed it. >.>

Edited by Poke007

While these changes definitely make SG more balanced....I think players are going to be severely disappointed with its performance at higher levels, like they are with a lot of WF powers, because of how scaling works. Sort of how Nyx is great high level CC because her ability doesn't care about scaling at all....this amounts to a pretty big nerf to SG (on paper, at least.)

Because we have actually played the game enough to know it's a bad change. Iron skin has health, see how long it lasts even on pluto. Now see how long it lasts on t3 defense. And again, they said the change was made so other frames would have a use on defenses but this doesn't affect other frames at all, it only makes frost one of the other frames.

you are totaly wrong

Frost allways changed the game-play

like... hey guys it's getting hot out their , let's chill in that globe for a while and kill everything mindlessly

you ll see less complain about wave 100 ennemies being too hard to kill XD

Edited by Tsoe

I seriously hope that all the peoples complaining right now like this change on frost is gonna annihilate their life are not the same peoples who are constantly asking for more difficulty in warframe. You need to be sure of what you want guys. From my point of view, trinity's blessing or frost snowglobe are/where not things that makes the game more difficult. Now you're gonna stop earlier in defence and survival mission, because things are too hard. So what ? Is that not what you where asking for ?

I'm not even sure those missions were designed to go that far actually, no wonder why more than half of the warframes become useless after a certain lvl.

Y'all need to calm down. Being rude will not help you being heard by DE, and it sure won't make you sleep better tonight (do you even sleep ?).

I agree with the health values being. . .off.

I am okay with the concept of the nerf though.

2c time:

Snowglobe regenerates health.

Snowglobe has multiple plates which make it a sphere, each with their own health.

Snowglobe instead needs x amount of damage instances to die, not hp.

Snowglobe has some form of Damage Reduction to its hp. (Starts as 100% dr, but reduces as it takes more hits, down to 0 hp or 0% dr.)

Snowglobe has more health.

Using powers in Snowglobe regenerates hp, or has some synergy.

No duration. (Not listed in the changes, but it is implied)

Or any combination of the above.

Just 2c.

How to use snow globe in U12

dNkFY22.jpg

you are totaly wrong

like... hey guys it's getting hot out their , let's go in that globe for a while and kill everything mindlessly

So now it is "hey guys it's getting hot out there" and lose the mission because pod health doesn't scale and you can't protect it in any way.

Because we have actually played the game enough to know it's a bad change. Iron skin has health, see how long it lasts even on pluto. Now see how long it lasts on t3 defense. And again, they said the change was made so other frames would have a use on defenses but this doesn't affect other frames at all, it only makes frost one of the other frames.

^^

This.

Tier 3 Defense, Iron Skin is gone in 3 seconds flat if you stand outside the Globe during the last couple waves. And my Iron Skin is about 2400 health. There's just no reasonable way to deal with that type of ridiculous incoming damage on T3 Defense. There's no "Cover", you're in the middle of a huge sodding room, if you move away from the Objective, then the enemies will kill it in seconds (because you know, it is TWO HUGE FREAKING PODS THAT CAN BE HIT FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM).

Do they seriously think a 3500, or even 5,000, or heck even 7,000 damage Snowglobe is going to protect that for very long? How about No? Maybe if you bring 3x Frost and 1x Nyx and just spam Chaos and stack Snowglobes....

But we're right back to Snowglobe Spam.

They need to change T3 Defense, BEFORE nerfing Snowglobe. Seriously.

you are totaly wrong

like... hey guys it's getting hot out their , let's go in that globe for a while and kill everything mindlessly

you ll see less complain about wave 100 ennemies being too hard to kill XD

Wait, that last sentence. The hell? That makes absolutely no sense.

How about you go try to kill yourself. Are you running always invis loki and dont know damage output of single enemy? Ohh wait you never went for endless defence/survival... So that you would know, T3 void Last 5 waves are lvl50-lvl65. Go against that.

Looking at this i am afraid Nyx Loki and Trinity will get nerfs as well. Vauban nerfed, Frost nerfed. Just fantastic. I dont want U12 anymore

TIP: DAMAGE INSTANCES NOT DAMAGE TAKEN LIMIT at least

Oh the internet. Where people can say inflammatory things without repercussion. You know, it is possible to voice complaints and concerns without telling strangers to commit suicide.

you are totaly wrong

Are you seriously suggesting that things can't get frantic on higher waves of T3 def?

I mean, I'm trying to imagine how you're even going to do T3 def without globe to keep the pod from exploding from a glancing hit. Focus entirely on the CC with Nyx and Vauban, I suppose.

I'm no longer sure I want to live in a world where Snowglobe gets nerfed, and Pull and M Prime are considered fine...

Being overly dramatic for effect :)

Edit: One last thought, so instead of a Frost in every T3 Def, we'll probably have 4 now, good job!

Edited by Egg_Chen

I don't really care about Frost others skill since i really use only bubble for T3 def , and not like i use frost anywhere else

Problem with what you guys saying 3,500 Damage , it's usually what the heavy units does with theire damage , basicly once we reach some point of round the bubble will be useless since bubble will be one shoot over.. EXCEPT if Globe have damage reduction , and health regen i hope its was no duration also...

DE does play the game dude. And they do have a Test server to test things out on.

Hahahahaha. I could be a better tester then their whole team then(and i would even test for them for free just dont do this).. They just dont know how to nerf(balance) things.. Either it get overbuffed of overnerfed..