Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drop Table 2.0

corpuskiller20

So with U12, there were some changes to the drop table in the Void. Wanted to walk you through what they are and how they are going. A little insight and opportunity for feedback into the process.

Key problems with the previous tables:

- I have no idea where to get what?

- Same, useless prime piece, over and over again.

- “Holy Ruk, I never get the ____ prime blade.”

- Anytime DE adds something to the void, #3 gets increased and potentially I never see that prime gear at all.

Drop Table 2.0 process (I'm definitely continuing to look at this, so a 2.1 is possible and the point of the thread):

• Make the location table public so you know where to get what: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172911-prime-gear-drop-locations/ - as said before: this will be in the codex eventually.

• Even out the probability across the board. One specific example*:
    • The Orthos Prime Blade was in T2 and T3 Capture in the previous tables. The chances were 1% in T2 and 7% in T3. In the new drop table it’s still in T2, but it’s at 14%.
  • Future proofing the void against additions, as resources/credits/fusion/key can be removed if/when there is something better. (There is a mother-load coming btw)
  • Instead of getting a common prime component that you already have 10 of, you get alt resource rewards that you can actually use (so far this hasn’t been good enough).
  • Create a bit of a key flow – play some OD to get some T1 keys. T2 keys are alt rewards in the T1 missions, so you can use them to get to the next piece you need.

What have we seen since this change (1/2 a day in… so not enough data just yet):

Good:

- Overall crafting of prime gear has gone up, with no new gear added. Tenno ARE completing their pieces that they have been hunting for forever. I saw more Ember Primes cooking in the foundry than ever before – which brings a scalding hot tear to my eye.

Bad:

- People are disappointed with getting a reward that isn't a prime piece – Working on it today!

Bug:

- Have had a few reports of people getting nothing at all -- Looking into this as well.

DE_Sheldon

*For the math crowd, not something you can extrapolate through all tables.

• Instead of getting a common prime component that you already have 10 of, you get alt resource rewards that you can actually use (so far this hasn’t been good enough).

So, this would be the reason I received a Common-3 Fusion core from a T3 Capture then? (I already more or less have every prime based blueprint/component from the T3 capture tables)

I agree though, at its current state it definitely isn't good enough considering what I got (I also think it paid out 6 Oxium and  2,000 credits as well, but as far as rewards go that bundle isn't exactly reflective of a T3 capture).

Going to hold off from doing Void missions for a while until there are some revisions/updates/changes/fixes to the existing alt-reward system--especially since the alt reward doesn't seem to factor in people who might not have Prime blueprint/component stuff (I was bringing a friend through void and he didn't have any of the void rewards).

That being said, thanks for communicating the issues to us.

• Future proofing the void against additions, as resources/credits/fusion/key can be removed if/when there is something better. (There is a mother-load coming btw)

Isn't this just pre-dilution? Won't lots of rewards on the same table still cause the same issue of a low chance to get what you're searching for?

You've described alt-rewards, what is the flow there?

Prime reward -> Already has it -> Alt reward substitute

or

Prime reward -> Already has it -> OTHER PRIME REWARD -> Has it? -> Prime reward -> Has it? -> Alt reward if there's nothing to earn, or after some number of prime rolls? (To fix dilution)

Edited by VKhaun

I understand the whole redistribution of prime parts across the missions but not cluttering it with resource, credits, and mods. There are so many areas in the game to gather that stuff. If someone is doing a tower they are doing it for either a prime part or a Forma BP honestly. 

Getting a shiny thing with no use for as reward is better than some freaking polymer bundles.

I think the same way. Void is like a "prestige" type of mission and we should receive something unique after completing it. I'm ok with adding new features to tables but i think that void rewards still should be unique plus relatively easy to get. (I'm ok with challenge but this absolutely isn't a challenge).

Not been to the void since the update went out looking forward to actually finishing that damn fang prime and getting the last part of ember today, and if its wonky well dookie happens and I know it'll get fixed eventually. Thanks for the hard work and don't forget to take a mid afternoon nap at some point.

Sooooo getting fusion cores and void keys as rewards is normal from now on.

Another question is that what if i get for example ember prime helmet but dont get it. What happens to that?

That's an issue for support (if it displays Ember Prime Helmet in the reward screen but it's not in your foundry).

Could you at least replace the things like Neural Sensors and Neurodes with Orokin Cells? Might as well work towards the soon-to-come primes while waiting for them to drop, and there's plenty of Neurodes up for grabs from Infested missions anyway.

you better remove fusion cores and credit caches from the drop tables and resources. Why can't you people understand that getting keys is already too much of a hassle? IT'S NOT ENJOYABLE TO GET FUSION CORE AFTER SPENDING 2 HOURS FARMING A T3 EXTERMINATE KEY!

^

- “Holy Ruk, I never get the ____ prime blade.”

Made my day. Made me laugh like the first time I heard reference to the "friendship door". Keep on Keeping it real Sheldon.

Also, for the man that has everything: More Forma! Please dont dilute or lower the odds of getting forma from t1/2/3 survivals as that is my main source of gameplay currently.

Edited by Skaleek

you better remove fusion cores and credit caches from the drop tables and resources. Why can't you people understand that getting keys is already too much of a hassle? IT'S NOT ENJOYABLE TO GET FUSION CORE AFTER SPENDING 2 HOURS FARMING A T3 EXTERMINATE KEY!

Agreed. Bum prizes in Void needs to be addressed sooner as opposed to later.