So with U12, there were some changes to the drop table in the Void. Wanted to walk you through what they are and how they are going. A little insight and opportunity for feedback into the process.
Key problems with the previous tables:
- I have no idea where to get what?
- Same, useless prime piece, over and over again.
- “Holy Ruk, I never get the ____ prime blade.”
- Anytime DE adds something to the void, #3 gets increased and potentially I never see that prime gear at all.
Drop Table 2.0 process (I'm definitely continuing to look at this, so a 2.1 is possible and the point of the thread):
- Make the location table public so you know where to get what: https://forums.warfr...drop-locations/ - as said before: this will be in the codex eventually.
- Even out the probability across the board. One specific example*:
- The Orthos Prime Blade was in T2 and T3 Capture in the previous tables. The chances were 1% in T2 and 7% in T3. In the new drop table it’s still in T2, but it’s at 14%.
- Future proofing the void against additions, as resources/credits/fusion/key can be removed if/when there is something better. (There is a mother-load coming btw)
- Instead of getting a common prime component that you already have 10 of, you get alt resource rewards that you can actually use (so far this hasn’t been good enough).
- Create a bit of a key flow – play some OD to get some T1 keys. T2 keys are alt rewards in the T1 missions, so you can use them to get to the next piece you need.
What have we seen since this change (1/2 a day in… so not enough data just yet):
- Overall crafting of prime gear has gone up, with no new gear added. Tenno ARE completing their pieces that they have been hunting for forever. I saw more Ember Primes cooking in the foundry than ever before – which brings a scalding hot tear to my eye.
- People are disappointed with getting a reward that isn't a prime piece – Working on it today!
- Have had a few reports of people getting nothing at all -- Looking into this as well.
*For the math crowd, not something you can extrapolate through all tables.