Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Snow Globe The Iron Skin Treatment

Gekker

Now that Snow Globe has health why not removing its duration completely?

tbh. I haven't give it more than 30min of thought yet: I was hopping to get to a more valid conclusion by discussing that possibility with the community.

First of all:

This is not completely unresonable approach. Lets compare Rhino and Forst. Since both Warframes should be balanced, right?

They are both pretty easy to compare.

Stats:

Same stats.

Mobility:

Rhino is more mobile with the helmet and the fact that Iron Skin eliminates knockdowns and stuns which turns him into the typical "noob tube" game element. 1:0, lets go on.

Charge Vs. Freeze:

Short range, high damage, mobile (Charge) against high range, low damage, CC that easyly breaks (Freeze). Lets call it even. They are both pretty lacking.

Roar Vs. Ice Wave:

With Roar Rhino is more supporting than Frost with his offensive Ice Wave. You could call cold damge a supporting damage type though.

But tbh. Roar is pretty awesome even though it costs 25 more energy and Ice Wave is pretty lacking even though it costs 25 less. Freeze should not break to balance the ability sets so far if you ask me.

Side note: I would normally not compare those two abilities but after comparing all the comparable abilites thats what is left :)

2:0?

Before we compare Iron Skin and Snow Globe lets look at their ultimates.

... Do I even have to do this? Okay.

Rhino Stomp Vs. Avalance:

Rhino's stomp. 800 blast damge, 25 range, long lasting, non breaking CC. Rhino can buff its damage by 50% with Roar, short cast time.

Frost's Avalance: 1000 cold damge, 15 rage, 1 second freeze..., no ability synergy, long, recently decreased cast time.

Rhino archieved flawless victory!

Serious side note: Frost should have been the ultimate CC tank, not Rhino that already has his amazing Roar and Iron skin and long range ultimate.

3:0?

EDIT: Avalanced data are totally out of date now. It seems as if more changed than noted in the patch notes (yeah...). I have yet to confirm actual statements but it seems that it actually freezes enemies if they don't die which would be pretty awesome.

But still S#&$ty range. Though, it looks hillarious now :D

Now we finally get to Iron Skin and Snow Globe:

Iron Skin: 1200 heath, mobile, single target, no duration as well as cc, energy drain and poison immune etc.

Snow Globe: 3500 health, immobile, area of effect, 30 seconds duration, blocks shots (friendly and hostile) and slows enemies (slow range is not getting affected by power range).

Conclusion:

Even if we call Iron Skin and Snow Globe balanced, Rhino is way ahead of Frost already.

Nevertheless, If you ask me Iron Skin and Snow Globe are pretty balanced except for the duration part. And when looking at all of Frosts abilities (CC that breaks), duration should not have an impact on Frost at all as long as he has no real CC effects

side note: even if Frost finally gets some real CC. Personally I would like it to be a CC that is not getting affected by power duration at all.

I believe if we remove the power duration dependency and finally fix the snow globe slow range not getting affected by power range bug Frost would start to get on par with his rival Rhino.

I know that this would have a negative impact on the efficiency of the Narrow Minded build but I believe with this change new and maybe more interesting builds will emerge that support every ability of Frost equally and hopefully end in a more even abiliy set of Frost.

EDIT: Formatting.

Edited by Gekker

I agree. It either needs a duration increase or:

Increasing duration will increase the amount of permanent globes you can have out at any time. For every +25% or so duration you have on, you may place another globe. Placing a globe when you already have the max amount active will remove the oldest one.

If there is no enemy around you can spam 12315473352gazzillion Frost Globes.. that's why it still has duration. A Rhino with only one Skin to make Iron does not hurt anyone.. a Frost with enough (negative) energy to spam Frost Globe everywhere does.

If there is no enemy around you can spam 12315473352gazzillion Frost Globes.. that's why it still has duration. A Rhino with only one Skin to make Iron does not hurt anyone.. a Frost with enough (negative) energy to spam Frost Globe everywhere does.

I don't see the problem with "12315473352gazzillion Frost Globes" tbh. It actually has a negative aspect to it already since you are unable to shoot anything without a Snow Globe being in your way.

On the other hand. Too many Snow Globes could hit your performance and reduce fps. But I already have seen that and duration is not the problem here. Team Energy Restore is more effective in that area.

But yeah, maybe instead there should be a maximum amount of Snow Globes (like 10?) that can be active at the same time and casting a new one should remove the oldest one to prevent a "ability on use" message preventing us to cast that critical Snow Globe in that critical situation.

Edited by Gekker

someone who actually understands the huge difference between frost and rhino

revert snow globe back then make a rework thread for players to suggest fixes not just implement one that is causing problems that no one ever suggest to do

The only way Snow Globe duration would be removed is if you can only cast a limited number of them at a time.

This would be implemented like Rhino's Iron Skin, where you are unable to cast another until a deployed one wears out, or like Loki's Decoy, the first one is cancelled out when you cast another. 

The problem with just dropping 463143 Globes is not just an issue with resource consumption, but the griefer/trolling factor. Snow Globe doesn't just block your shots. It blocks the shots of everyone else as well.