Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Drop Locations: Anyone Wanna Help Out?

xenapan

I'm going to start compiling a list of places that frequently drop mod X. I've noticed some places drop alot of similar type mods. So... I'm going to start listing mods I get in defense missions in various systems/locations. HOpefully we can pin down a location that shield mods drop a lil more frequently.

Europa - Valefor: World on fire, energy vampire, freeze, radial javelin, shield polarize, overheat, chilling grasp, radial blast (frost, trinity, ember, excalibur, rhino mods with multiples of each)

Venus - Kiliken(corpus defense): Thief's wit (loot radar), Reach, Cotinunity, Sundering strike, Ammo drum, Regen, Warrior, Quick Draw, Metal Auger, Molten Impact, Incendary Coat, Revenge, Ghost, Hellfire, Crowd Dispersion, Pistol Gambit, Seeking force, Steel fiber, Reach, Tactical Pump, Streamline, REDIRECTION.

Venus -Venera(corpus defense)- Enemy sense, hellfire, killing blow, metal auger, ammo drum, heated charge, slip magazine, incendary coat, shotgun spazz, regen, seeker, quickdraw, fast hands, warrior, guardian, tactical pump, steel fiber, pressure point, seeking force, vitality, shell compresison, speed trigger, streamline, thunder clap, reach, flechette, thief's wit

Venus -V Prime (corpus rescue):Slip Magazine, Rush, Tactical Pump

Saturn- Mimas(Infested Raid) REDIRECTION (still need to test %)

Nah, each faction drops certain mods only, while having a small chance to drop other mods as well.

Infested: Power Abilities, Freeze Dmg Mods

Corpus: Power Max, Power Efficiency, Power Range, Fire, Armor Piercing and Electricity Dmg Mods

Grineer: Critical hit mods, Multishot Mods, Baisc Dmg Mods, Power Duration, Power Strength

Universal: Sentinel Mods, Stun, Puncture Mods

Raid/Spy/Capture Missions: Stamina Mods, Vitality Mods, Runspeed Mod, Ammo/Clip/Reload Mods.

It's still possible to get mods that one faction prefers on another faction but at a lower % chance.

Grineer generally tend to give more of the V symbol Polarity, Corpus generally prefer to give the horizontal line polarity and Infested mostly give the slash marks polarity. With all of them having a chance to give the other polarities.

---

and for simply end of mission rewards check out this topic: https://forums.warfr...ission-rewards/

edit: yes. finally after days of farming... kiliken dropped a redirection. So its EXTREMELY low% but its there. Then... I ran ONE saturn mission after missing the coil mag helmet bp on my second account... BOOM... redirection. Its infested too.. Not sure if extremely lucky or what but it was the only mod that dropped the whole missions (but there was an extraction reward- quickdraw)

Edited by xenapan

I think it has to do with type of enemy and/or type of mission (raid/defense/spy/capture/etc)

There seems to be a loot table involved. I've done a lot of grineer Assassination missions and noticed that I keep getting the same mods in them, but then when I switch to a different mission different mods start dropping.

BTW I found a Warframe Redirection - Shield Mod in Tolstoj today. I've done Tolstoj a lot and it must have an extremely low rate to drop there.

Im finding that all mods seem to have a chance to drop anywhere while some missions enjoy a higher chance to drop certain mods than others. Infested seem to be very good for ability mods.

Yea loot tables, that's what we're trying to figure out hehe.

Each mission seems to have a Loot Table: Example:

Mission A: 10% Chance to get Continuity, 0.001 Chance to get Redirection.etc.

Mission B: 10% Chance to get Redirection, 0.001 Chance to get Continuity, etc.

BTW Been asking this for awhile now. Has anyone found Flow (Power Max)? And if so, Which mission/planet?

----

Edited by Nokturnal

BTW Been asking this for awhile now. Has anyone found Flow (Power Max)? And if so, Which mission/planet?

----

I've found Flow(Power Max) about 3 times now. Got two of them while farming Venera (endless defense on Venus).

The third Flow dropped while fighting Corpus on Neptun as well. They seem to have a higher droprate on that mod, than Grineer and Infested.

grineer seem to drop weapon mods a lot. infestation drops powers a lot. that's all I got.

yea and corpus tend to favor elemental damage mods as well as a good amount of Power Effiency and a few Power Max. (Only place I found a Melee Fire mod for example was a drop from Corpus)

raid/spy/capture missions favor giving Sprint/Shield Regen/Stamina/Vitality Warframe mods, think they give Reload/Ammo/Clip mods as well

^ As the random mod given from completing them

I also noticed I got alot of Continuity (Power Duration) and a few Reach (Power Range) from Grineer. Grineer drop a lot of Multishot, Regular Damage increase mods and Firerate and Reload speed.

Seems to me the best place to get Armor Pen mods is reward from defense missions, though I've gotten them elsewhere, just not as often as I got them from defense mission rewards.

Hope that info helps.

Edit: Got a few power range mods from Corpus as well.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

Well I guess that settles it!

Infested: Warframe powers

Grineer: Weapons.

Corpus: Warframe (non power)/Weapon elementals

Kinda makes sense. So i guess farming corpus missions will have a higher chance of getting those redirection/flow/power range/power max mods. You will want to farm infested for mods to sell for cash. After all.. all powers are rare therefore 1000 credits each ^_^

Also just got banshee helmet at xini.

Mars- Arval(exterminate): Warrior precept.

Mars- vallis(Rescue): Charged shot

Btw has anyone figured out what ranking up sentinel mods do?

Edited by xenapan

Well I guess that settles it!

Infested: Warframe powers

Grineer: Weapons.

Corpus: Warframe (non power).

Kinda makes sense. So i guess farming corpus missions will have a higher chance of getting those redirection/flow/power range/power max mods.

Actually I found tons upon tons of Continuity from Tolstoj (Power Duration)

and let me fix that for ya

Infested: Warframe Powers

Grineer: Multishot, Basic Dmg Mods, Power Duration, Power Damage

Corpus: Elemental Dmg Mods, Power Max, Power Range, Power Efficiency

Raid/Spy/Capture Rewards: Warframe Mods and Ammo/Reload/Clip Mods

least that's what I've noticed.

btw Stun and Puncture seem to drop anywhere as well as some other mods. (Sentinel Mods for example)

--

Edited by Nokturnal

Just a thought: it might be split up based on the mod icon type — Grineer favoring attack (fang) and defense (triangle) cards, Corpus favoring ability (dash) cards, Infested favoring power cards (double dash) ect. I haven't collected any data on this; I've noticed it happening but it could be confirmation bais on my part.

Edited by Bit_Rot

Just a thought: it might be split up based on the mod icon type — Grineer favoring attack (fang) and defense (triangle) cards, Corpus favoring ability (dash) cards, Infested favoring power cards (double dash) ect. I haven't collected any data on this; I've noticed it happening but it could be confirmation bais on my part.

Yea it does seem that way actually.

Looking through the list of common drops from each race, it lines up as well.

Has anyone found any Vitality mods? Me and my group haven't found a single one among us.

Capture/Spy/Raid missions tend to give those a lot for me as the Random Reward at end, just keep working your way up from low level ones to high level ones and you'll probably find one.

--

Edited by Nokturnal

Has anyone found any Vitality mods? Me and my group haven't found a single one among us.

Yeah, speed run M Prime for the end of mission reward, don't stop to kill anything. I think I got 4 vits in one hour there.

Edited by arune

Yeah I suggest people start doing saturn once you finish venus. As long as you have a health mod soloing saturn is pretty easy. Especially those infested missions are great. You can just speed run through. They are low level enough that a slightly modded uncharged cronus can one hit with a normal attack. You gotta be a little more careful killing ancients.. or you can just run past them entirely. I think most frames can deal with them in some way even without ult. loki decoys past, excal slash dash, volt speed. Just keep running through the level and fighting only when you need to. If a mod drops its usually good for credits (ability power mod) or hopefully a redirection. Very decent for a solo. I'll have to do more (i'll prolly finish unlocking saturn on my second account before doing a bunch of runs to see how well it drops... or people could run saturn as well and post some results.)

Still trying to farm myself a Flow mod (Power Max) been farming every Corpus Defense mission as well as just doing any and all corpus missions in the game. Farming Sgt Nef now while still trying to get it.

The droprate on both Redirection and Flow really needs to be adjusted.

Edited by Nokturnal

Those who say they found flow its a trollingi never saw anyone ingame who have it, and tonns of people who have redirection, i have it also few of them. Bored to farm hardcore everyday, its not dropping at venus defense missions, spent days there till 35 waves still none.

Edited by drunkpunk222