Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: The Silent Sidearm Weapon, The Energy Kunai

Venarge

Since the bow is released, we finally got a stealth weapon. But what about the sidearm weapon? I really like the silencer mod idea by charleon, but however, I wanted to suggest something that fits the space ninja style. So I thought about the ninja weapons and all that stuff and there it was. The kunai. The idea is that it works the same way the bow does. Hold button to "charge" it up and release to throw. Charged ones pin enemies to wall while uncharged kunais have a "high" fire rate.

Here´s a little edited version of a real life kunai to make it fit a little bit ^^

uduaqtuf.png

Well seems a good idea. But just out of curiousity how many would we be able to carry you think.

Also I like how you like drawn the kunai.

Presumably, we'd just tie it to the Pistol Ammo, like the whole Sniper Ammo = Arrows thing. Have it have a slow refuire rate and high damage, like the Lex.

Personally, I'd dump the Handle entirely and make it a simple "blade" of energy. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about where our Warframe is keeping these hundreds of handles on his suit. He forms it, then throws.

Personally, I'd dump the Handle entirely and make it a simple "blade" of energy. That way, we wouldn't have to worry about where our Warframe is keeping these hundreds of handles on his suit. He forms it, then throws.

I like that idea =)

I just thought that the character actually "carries" them at the belt, like pistols ^^ But your idea makes more sense ^^

Edited by Venarge

I'd like this, it'd be quite awesome. Would they have innate armour ignore like the bow? I hope they do, as what with them needing even more drop that the bow, it'd be difficult to get headshots. I'll support this even so, though :D.

hehe thx mate =)

Yeah they would ignore armor like the bow. the ammo problem would be "solved" by making them revocable after killing the enemy. Something like Skyrim does with the arrows in dead enemies ;)

Ah, so give them a chance/make the knives retrievable from corpses after death. Hrm. Maybe.

Yep ^^ I cant believe that this is not in use for the bow... I mean these are arrows made of carbon/steel whatever, but you cant put them back into the quiver? xD

Or maybe they could use 1 energy point as an alternative for real ammunition. That would fit to your pure energy without the grip idea =) .Or would that consume to much of the energy?.

Edited by Venarge

Or maybe they could use 1 energy point as an alternative for real ammunition. Or would that consume too much energy?

I'm not a person who uses their skills that much except to get out of situations where I'm hemmed in by enemies, so I'd agree with this. Plus, it'd be simple to just equip an energy siphon artifact, not to mention the fact that enemies constantly drop energy orbs, so that'd be cool. However, what's the physical model of the forming thing going to look like? I mean, what's the look of the thing that forms the energy blade? I was thinking of small light slits below the wrists on the Warframe, which form the blades, your person grabs them and voila!

I'm not a person who uses their skills that much except to get out of situations where I'm hemmed in by enemies, so I'd agree with this. Plus, it'd be simple to just equip an energy siphon artifact, not to mention the fact that enemies constantly drop energy orbs, so that'd be cool. However, what's the physical model of the forming thing going to look like? I mean, what's the look of the thing that forms the energy blade? I was thinking of small light slits below the wrists on the Warframe, which form the blades, your person grabs them and voila!

:3 That sounds soooo freakin cool. Imagine the blade and how it creates itself from particles that come from your wrist.

Instead of a sheath,I'd prefer it if these senbons were strapped on the arm like Black Widow's Avenger style.

Ya know,the revolver like tingy?

Then,it'll be easily relate it to the source of Ammunition:Pistol.

Edited by R4YCH40S

Instead of kunai, energy senbon would be more apt.

uPVwWoE.jpg

Haha WOW, I do like the concept much better, with the needles sticking out between the fingers prior to throwing. Though I think the pinning to walls is quite overused. I'd imagine an enemy hit with a set of these projectiles just entering some sort of pain animation before sinking to the ground. Why so anti-climatic? ...well it is a stealth weapon...

Um, can you post a picture? I've forgotten what it looks like, but if I remember correctly, it's pretty much what I suggested.

I didn't able to post the picture,but hopefully a link would do....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Scarlett_Johansson_as_Black_Widow.jpg

See those tingys where she strapped on her wrists?That's what we could use for firing Energy Senbons.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091020153122/naruto/images/thumb/e/e8/Prepared_Needle_Shot.JPG/320px-Prepared_Needle_Shot.JPG

Found this on the Naruto Wikia. Something Closer?

Those wrist bands I see on Black Widow look reminicsent of Spider man's spider web shooter in that it shoots the senbon straight out the wrist. Which would make for a pretty cool animation granted, though personally I prefer throwing them in a wide sweeping arm motion.

http://images2.wikia...Needle_Shot.JPG

Found this on the Naruto Wikia. Something Closer?

Those wrist bands I see on Black Widow look reminicsent of Spider man's spider web shooter in that it shoots the senbon straight out the wrist. Which would make for a pretty cool animation granted, though personally I prefer throwing them in a wide sweeping arm motion.

Agreed. I would like to throw them too ^^