Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Cestras: Unreasonable

WSkD

Just out of research and I am immediately unhappy:

Why do two weapons need to have a Forma.. attached(?).. to be wield?!

-I need to build each weapon on its own (the costs are pretty normal, but thats' it)

-I need to "research" the Dual Cestras (which produces additional costs)

Till here, it is fine more or less.. However:

The Cestra is a weapon from the market (from the Corpus, I suppose), so WHY do I need

- one FORMA to build the Dual Cestras!

I just take two Cestras, one in each hand, which I have build beforhand, one at a time: 

Where goes this Forma!? (Why do I need one in the first place!)

DE, if you may, tell me, please!

I know there have to be "additional" costs, to keeps things interesting, to let them look like they are worth it.. what so ever, but therefore are the two needed Fieldrons! (, I think.)

Furthermore:

I put in two additional Fieldron, two, why is my maximum ammo decreased to 100?

-two guns

-each 60 shots

-two Fieldron to power their energy needs

=> Why they still just have 100 shot!??? (I think/ suppose/ claim they should be 120 (maybe?).

This "weapon design" makes absolute no sense to me.

Not to mention that the Tenno need their Lab and to conduct science there to realise how to wield the Cestra dual.

Please take this post into consideration, because I fear some people need extra math lessons (in reference to: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176042-dear-lotus-its-over/#entry2056574, 

another reference, to the topic, unter Clan Tech Weapons: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175122-february-7th-community-hot-topics/#entry2048815).

Yes, I am a bit upset, sorry about that; if I offended you (the reader, DE, ...), it was not intended. Sorry for my bad english. 

Thank you.

El Psy Congroo

WSkD

I didn't completely read your post; more or less, just skimmed through it.

Anyways, to answer your question, I think everything in Warframe is always subject to change, which includes resource materials required to build stuff. I'd be willing to bet that everything they do at this point is just to make it look good, and it works. They'll fix stuff as time goes on, as needed.

Generally I agree. I don't like it and I don't think I need to justify that. It bugs me and I would rather they didn't do that.

I did read an interesting answer in a similar thread though. Guy said it wasn't dual wielding, it was research so that one set of mods could affect both. Maybe if they fleshed out the lore it would make more sense to people? - I'm reaching though. Rather they just didn't.

The fire rate is stupid. Not even close to double a single Cestra's.

There's just so many things wrong with Dual Cestra right now, it's kinda funny and saddening at the same time. Not really sure what was going through their heads over there.

I honestly like the dual ceastras and I hope they get the magazine size increased too 120. I feel as if it makes no sense that one cestra has 60 ammo and 2 ccestras have 100 ammo. Another thing I don't like is the veryhigh recoil on the cestra at full wind up. If you could please tweak the ammo and recoil that would make them a more useable weapon.

More or less my initial reaction. In fact, I'd honestly not even be so disappointed with the Dual Cestra if it felt as good as having two Cestra (ammo being a really sore spot here) and didn't require TWO GUNS, TWO FIELDRON, and a FORMA. That's overly excessive for no apparent reason, because apparently, its not even twice as good. I don't mind that its a Clan-Tech BP, but for god's sake, why is a dual version of a market weapon using anything other than Orikin Cells for binding?

Either take out the two gun requirement or the forma/fieldron.

Just putting it out there for all those people who are upset about the cestra not having double ammo and RoF of the single. It would be brakk level if it did. Besides, you can get 230 rounds in a clip. That's more than you can potentially have in the default ammo pool. The dual cestras are an extremely good weapon, and two fieldrons and a forma isn't much to ask in addition to the two guns.

Problem is not  unreasonable.
It is weaker than Cestra.

It is not weaker than the single Cestra, not by a long shot.

Admittedly, it's among the lesser improvements on dual wielded type weapons, but if it matched them, it would have brakk level dps with good sustained fire.

And yeah, I didn't mind the extra cost to dual wield, or the wait.

Edited by Tostov

• 2 months later...

I assumed Dual Cestras where a bit of a joke, and I ... built them with full knowledge that I was building them to Spray 120 rounds down range at a single enemy, Cackle uncontrollably, then swap to a real weapon.

Alot of dual weapons don't do double damage, clip, rate of fire etc, in some vague attempt to maintain balance.

I do feel a little bit cynical about the way clantech can be acquired simply by shovel loads of cash in DE's pocket, but this is Free to play, its the nature of the beast.. 

some people do free to play well, others.. Gouge...

This is another one of those things where I don't understand the outrage over requirements because by the time they were accessible to me I could craft almost anything I wanted. The waiting is horrible though.

The whole thing about needing even more mats is a problem with all dual weapons, not just the Cestras, so I'm not sure why the OP is so mad about them specifically.

Here's my topic about the Dual Cestras: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202273-enough-to-make-your-an-cestras-proud/

I've probably tweaked them since then, but everything I say in there still stands. Dual C's are still my primary side arm.

Edited by DarkTails