Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Typhus - The Parasite Warframe

RedSkittlez

The ability Ideas are pretty nice, But I realy don't like the infested/gore/giger theme you've got going. Can't you go for something cleaner (and less of a $#*(@ to animate)

no thats a part of typhus, and the game is rated M for Gore so if you dont like the gore factor, play the game with gore setting turned off or dont play the frame.

no thats a part of typhus, and the game is rated M for Gore so if you dont like the gore factor, play the game with gore setting turned off or dont play the frame.

Well, That was painful to read. 

Because you can totaly turn gore off and BLANK AN ENTIRE FRAME. 

/The real issue is that he doesn't fit the current tenno artsyle. At all. What with all the taking himself apart, self mutilation and stuff. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

/The real issue is that he doesn't fit the current tenno artsyle. At all. What with all the taking himself apart, self mutilation and stuff. 

Ooh yay! We get to have THIS conversation again!

And actually yes, you can turn off the gore in the game. Check the options.

Edited by JerZeyCJ

WOW i wasnt being mean, heres how it would work. if you turn gore off, you wouldnt see the back of Typhus open when he dose his #3, and with his #2 it would just look like saryns Miasma but with a different animation, use your brain and imagination before saying something like that, pleb. 

But Valkyr and Nekros don't open their ribcages to shoot tentacle spikes into the enemy around them, sucking them dry of armour and shields.  Valkyr and nekros Don't have glowing orange flesh with floaty exo-armour over the top. It's simply too much of a departure from what we have currently. 

The Abilities are good, just the visuals and lore behind how they work are bad. 

No, I don't find this disturbing. It's more like... Seeing someone wanting to put My little pony characters, retaining their animated art style into the cast of game of thrones

and take a look at this. Yes he fits in the game. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/176524-warframe-concept-typhus-parasiteviral-samurai-update-07052014/?p=2601382

But Valkyr and Nekros don't open their ribcages to shoot tentacle spikes into the enemy around them, sucking them dry of armour and shields.  Valkyr and nekros Don't have glowing orange flesh with floaty exo-armour over the top. It's simply too much of a departure from what we have currently. 

you mean the little lore that we all still know nothing about? theres to much we dont know about the Tenno and the warframes. technically the warframes are made of the technocyte virus so Typhus frame being a parasite fits perfectly. Typhus just bonded with his strain of the Technocyte virus differently then the other Tenno and their warframes.

Edited by Senketsu_

No, I don't find this disturbing. It's more like... Seeing someone wanting to put My little pony characters, retaining their animated art style into the cast of game of thrones

Actually I wouldnt mind to see that intending that I hate my little pony. Anyway this isnt the topic, the game is gory dot, if you dont like it turn it off if you do not wish to turn it off stop playing the game. If you still play with gore that's your choice, now dont come saying that a concept is bad just because it's gory. 

I don't need to know the lore to know he doesn't fit into the current tenno theme, based on every other frame we've got, tenno architecture and tenno weapons. 

He has a helmet

On top of a skull

on top of a helmet. 

why is that wrong? all you are saying is that he dosnt fit the tenno asian/ eastern theme. *coughs* Samurai inspired *coughs* give facts and reasons why he dosnt fit. We have no qualms about you criticizing the concept, but if your critiques arent constructive, and are just "this frame wont fit throw it away" then thats when you get a beat down on how flawed your view is.   

Edited by Senketsu_

I don't need to know the lore to know he doesn't fit into the current tenno theme, based on every other frame we've got, tenno architecture and tenno weapons. 

He has a helmet

On top of a skull

on top of a helmet. 

So what? cant we have some variety? How can you be sure that what's under the skull isnt his face? Maybe an advanced version of the technocyte virus.

Edited by Halphyos

He has a helmet

On top of a skull

on top of a helmet. 

and if you read up on this thread and not just the first few pages then you will know why he has that skull under his helemt, plus you probably didnt read the whole OP either. and "current Tenno theme"?!?! we have a frame themed after a Chicken, a Dear, one that looks like its wearing armor made out of plastic, one that looks like an Eskimo, a NINJA, one that is a skeleton, a Bird, A PIRATE!!!! i could go on but I mad emy point, he fits both looks wise and lore wise into the Tenno. 

Edited by Senketsu_

/The real issue is that he doesn't fit the current tenno artsyle. At all.

Well, clearly you haven't read the post properly.  Typhus doesn't self mutilate; the armor builds up pressure and causes him to "explode."  He doesn't cut himself. I also don't understand where you got the impression of him ripping his own armor off.  The images on the first post just show what's underneath when he takes damage. Ultimately, all of the Warframes are all unique in their own way, with their looks and their powers (ie. Hydroid's pirate look).

Please, don't tell me how I should draw. Every artist has a different interpretation of what the world looks like, an artistic style.  Don't come to me and tell me what is right and what is wrong when it comes to my artwork.

Ignore my previous posts. Completely forget them. This one will some up my opinion

- That artwork is realy good, He looks far too much like shredder, but it's still pretty good. 

- I love skirts. The legs and arms are nice. The front of the torso is cool. 

And now for what I think doesn't quite fit with the current tenno theme, Yeah he'l look better than hydroid, but he breaks the lore a bit. He also kinda breaks the "I can project myself into that character" thing that the others have going for them. 

- Firstly, Far too much of his flesh is exposed. You're not supposed to know what's under the suit. It's something that exists for every other tenno frame (except for maybe mag prime, who has a mouth) However, Typhus goes way beyond mag prime in exposure. 

- Most of typhus's abilities are pretty detrimental for him. I mean for one skill he shoots out his RIBS. In another he boils and explodes.  One, two, three. Couldn't you like... give him the means to do that stuff without killing himself? Like robot- spider legs to replace those ribs? Jensen's typhoon with acid? 

- The armour falling off idea looks realy, realy cool. But again it exposes his flesh and... It'd be a pretty gpu expensive ability. Also wouldn't that make him weak? It's armour. It should realy try to stick to him. 

- Half of the helmet designs are too giger, What with the skull hands. The shredder helmet ontop of a human skull on top of a helmet is one that's pretty bad too. The fly wings too. Just...  Yeah, Some of the more neutral ones you've drawn are fairly fitting, but those aren't in the op. Leach is fine. Repose is awful. Just awful. 

I can see this guy causing some polarization. almost as bad as hydroid. 

I don't need to know the lore to know he doesn't fit into the current tenno theme

That's the problem.  Rather than try to understand the concept, you're trying to argue about it.  At this point, there's no reason in discussing with you if that's your mindset.  You clearly don't care.

Edited by RedSkittlez