Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons With Regular Skins

zelklen

they are diferent weapons, do you intend to put  gorgon skin on a Boltor too?

some think that the prime-weapons are really ugly (like the braton with her *squish*-sounds), so an option to change that would be nice... maybe with the other braton skins too... on prime frames you CAN change the helmet, but you had the helmet for the non-prime...

• Like 1

some think that the prime-weapons are really ugly (like the braton with her *squish*-sounds), so an option to change that would be nice... maybe with the other braton skins too... on prime frames you CAN change the helmet, but you had the helmet for the non-prime...

That is a really good point; you can do it on Prime Warframes, why can't you do it on Prime weapons?

• Like 1

hrmm

um no thnx

An interesting statement, to be sure. I wasn't suggesting that they force us to use the regular skins on prime weapons, just that the give us a choice if we own both weapons.

Edited by zelklen

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this idea, it seems like giving players a slight choice on the appearance of their weapon could only be a good thing, and it wouldn't require "too much" work on DE's part, since they already have all the skins that would be used, they wouldn't need any new art, sounds or animations, just some new coding, or retooling the code used in allowing alternate helmets to be used for alternate weapon skins.

Edited by zelklen
  • Like 1

To add to it, you should probably be allowed to use the old skins if you owned it before, not owning both at the same time - I tend to get rid of my old weapons when I get the primed version, and requiring that you still own the regular version is just annoying - Inventory space isn't cheap, y'know.

• Like 1

To add to it, you should probably be allowed to use the old skins if you owned it before, not owning both at the same time - I tend to get rid of my old weapons when I get the primed version, and requiring that you still own the regular version is just annoying - Inventory space isn't cheap, y'know.

So, I would like to agree with you, but that might require more work on DE's part, they already have some system in place for alternate helmats on warframes. Currently, if you own a Prime Warframe, and the regular warframe, you can put the regular helmat on the prime frame. So it would be nice to be able to do the same thing with weapons.

Edited by zelklen
  • Like 1

I think that it is kind of interesting, how a thread about the Paris Prime specifically gets a lot more attention, when this thread focuses on the core of the issue.

I don't really care either way, I just want skin alternatives for my weapons. They are already starting to release "skins" for weapons that are really just recoloured textures, so why don't they let us use the regular skins with Prime Weapons, and maybe even release some real alterntive skins to buy and use with weapons as well?

I was just hanging out in my arsenal screen, when I noticed this:

aXEZlaW.png?1

Apparently some weapons can already have different skins, although currently those skins seem to be restricted to texture recolours.

0VWPn9j.png?1

So... If the code to allow for different skins is already there... Why can't we use regular skins with prime weapons?

Why has DE Steve forsaken us?

I was just hanging out in my arsenal screen, when I noticed this:

aXEZlaW.png?1

Apparently some weapons can already have different skins, although currently those skins seem to be restricted to texture recolours.

0VWPn9j.png?1

So... If the code to allow for different skins is already there... Why can't we use regular skins with prime weapons?

Why has DE Steve forsaken us?

I'd just like to swap the models for my Primes to the normal variants, not just the textures