Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Weapons With Regular Skins

zelklen

I guess I just had the mentality that lots of other people would like the feature, but you're right. It does kind of just seem like "my request".

Also, I like your clever use of quote, and your post being your one thousand, one hundred, and eleventh post.

Game has come a long way from when it first went into open beta though. Took a number of wrong turn here and there in my opinion, but the sheer number of players speaks volumes for how well it is progressing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump now since Melee 2.0 is out; and is a joke. And Couciler Vay Hek is finished, and he is even more rediculously silly than the quad barreled shot gun by the same name. He is now a giant chicken high on laughing gas.

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in this idea, it seems like giving players a slight choice on the appearance of their weapon could only be a good thing, and it wouldn't require "too much" work on DE's part, since they already have all the skins that would be used, they wouldn't need any new art, sounds or animations, just some new coding, or retooling the code used in allowing alternate helmets to be used for alternate weapon skins.

Knowing DE though they would make it cost...35P

I would pay 35p in a heart beat if it meant that I didn't have to look at myself wielding a toilet bowl (Paris Prime), or listen to the sound of myself hacking a loogie every time I shoot it (Also the Paris Prime).

If I got to use the regular Latron, instead of "Latron, now also with pointless gold tusks."

I agree that Paris Prime is ugly and I would love to use the Paris Prime if I could use the Original Paris as a skin. Please DE, I would pay Plat for this. Players use Prime weapons mainly because of their improved stats. While several of the Prime weapons look pretty good, I have to say that Paris Prime is atrocious.

Funny, I was gonna post something similar to this! But I'd extend it to all upgraded versions: Dragon, Dex, Wraith, Vandal and Prime. All of those should have their skins (and SOUNDS!) interchangeable if you own more than one version of the same weapon.

So: You own a regular Braton, a Braton Vandal and a Braton Prime? Swap the skins freely among them (although, maybe the regular Braton shouldn't be able to use the Vandal/Prime version?)

Also, really don't forget about SOUNDS! If I could use the Latron sounds+skin on the Latron Prime, I'd use Latron Prime forever! :D

DE, PLEEEEEASE do this!

Regular Paris and Latron look and sound so nice, much better than their Prime versions imo! Let us use their skins and sounds on their upgraded versions! Pretty please?? I'd pay platinum for it, no doubt at all!

Prime gear generally tend to be more superior, but not all of us like the gold trim that is cannot be customized. While Dakra Prime is sexy, I don't like that gold blade and would like to recolor it. While Paris Prime does tons of damage, it is really ugly and would rather use regular Paris. I don't like having to choose between looking good and weak or looking ugly and strong. 

Im really suprised anyone agrees to this, helmets are nothinf like a whole skin, its a diffrant weapon, and i do agree that looks do matter but you dont run around looking at your weapon, so i dont see a reason for anyone to suffer too much from this feature not being in the game

Im really suprised anyone agrees to this, helmets are nothinf like a whole skin, its a diffrant weapon, and i do agree that looks do matter but you dont run around looking at your weapon, so i dont see a reason for anyone to suffer too much from this feature not being in the game

Actually, you do look at your weapon. A lot.

Also, don't forget that other people see your loadouts and colors, too.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Unlike requests to change weapons stats across the board, buff this, nerf that, adding a skin option is a functionality already in the game on display for many weapons.

The functionality is there and, logically, can be extended to prime weapons. You can even put immortal skins on prime frames, and the proto-armor on excal prime. I think it's fair that, for prime stats, they still need to make the prime weapon and it will still say X Prime on the party menu so other players know. They already totally replace models for the Manticore and Brokk skins, so the option to switch back to another weapon model that's already in the game can't be that complicated.

It will still be work, but less work than just about every other option that isn't "do nothing."

As a number of people are mentioning, the game mechanics to do what we are asking for is already in the game.

I just don't understand how DE can keep a straight face while claiming to work for the players...

Don't get me wrong, I would like this as an option as well. But this is obviously not a priority.

Edited by Tenn00b

As a number of people are mentioning, the game mechanics to do what we are asking for is already in the game.

I just don't understand how DE can keep a straight face while claiming to work for the players...

Because if they did every little thing anyone of the players demanded the game would suck? Never-mind that they'd never get any actual feature development done because there's always someone wanting something. Plus quite often players want completely opposite things.

Personally I don't want weapon skin swapping. I want to be able to tell what someone has equipped by looking at their guns, especially with more PvP features being added.

Saying that "DE doesn't work for the players" over a little thing like this is just ignorant on your part.

Edited by Fulmir

• 1 month later...