Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derf Knight Rises. An Epic Story About An Epic Man...

Teqnologyque

I'm not artistically inclined, so I can't draw. But I do have a somewhat decent grasp on the English Language, and an imagination that even the toughest government-mandated training regimens could squish like so much hope and joy. And dreams... I had dreams once... Anyway, I hate the term "Fanfiction", I really do, but I suppose why the hell not, here's my fanfiction about the rise of the one and only...

Derf. Of the Anyo Family.

===========================================================

"Dateline; Gradivus." Crackles across the radio as two figures in beige body-suits, their heads enclosed in box-like helmets, turn to look at each other quizically. "The heroic Alad V sends a message to the honourable board of CEOs, hallowed be thy names, only for it to be intercepted by the test-tube dogs of the Grineer Empire!" The announcer continues. The First man chuckles, lowering his forked Dera model plasma rifle "It's always something with those dogs." he states and the second man nods slowly.
"General Sargas Ruk of the Grineer Empire has issued a formal declaration of war, demanding that the honourable and just Alad V turn over his hard found prize to the Empire. Alad V responds by bolstering defenses on and near Mars, expecting an all-out war."

"How could they expect any less?" The second figure asked rhetorically as he crossed his arms.

"Enigmatic Lotus, figure-head of the dirty Tenno Resistence Forces, chimes in: 'We will do everything in our power to maintain peace and balance on Mars'. She promises to redirect Betrayers into the system to aid the noble and just Corpus Peace-Keeping forces against the expansion of the greedy and xenophobic Grineer Empire. Join me now in prayer for the lives of our virtuous and stalwart protectors;

"Our Profit, who art in our bank accounts, hallowed be they statements.

Thy Ledgers come, thine will be done by the Board as it is in our homes.

Give us this day, our daily Credit, and forgive us our debts, as we have also forgiven our creditors.

And lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from evil. Amen."

"Amen." The first figure says and looks to his companion, smiling under his helmet "Did you hear that? The Tenno are coming to Mars!" He exclaimed and hefted his rifle "Maybe I'll get to see one killing those dogs!" He added and chuckled.

"Derf..." The second figure began and sighed "The Betrayers, the Tenno... They aren't our allies." He continued and lowered his arms "You've seen the aftermath of what they do, hell we've cleaned up the bodies together." he added and took his rifle in hand, beginning to walk slowly.

"Yeah! But they're so cool!" Derf exclaimed happily as he followed his co-worker "I bet they're gonna be all NEEOWN! PEW PEW PEW! And the Grineer will be like 'Noooo! Tenno! Don't shoot me!" He added, mimicking sounds and motions that he had seen from surveillance footage.

The second man let out a long, hissing sigh of exasperation, shaking his head in frustration "Why couldn't they leave me on Osprey Repair duty?" He asked rhetorically.

===========================================================

A little teaser for you. Stay tuned for the full prologue... whenever I get it done.

I'll try to put in weekly updates but don't expect any miracles, I'm currently unemployed at the moment so I do have a bit of free time, but I am actively job hunting.

Edited by Teqnologyque