Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Infested Unit Concepts: The Jaeger & The Vulture [New]

Phoenix86

I was thinking about Infested, one of the most loved factions... to slay & kill.

I was thinking that they would need new units to really scare and challange us!

I was also thinking that we do not need something that would drain nor knock us down because Ancients are already enough... we need something that is capable to counter our gunfire and "force" us to go melee to kill 'em...

This is what i came up with:

The Jaeger

The jaeger is an infested heavy built to support his allies against gunfire and rally them into battle;

while featuring very high HP and average movement speed it doesnt really deal a lot of dmg,

his real points of strenght are 2 special abilities:

- Roar: The Jaeger, like Rhino, is able to rally his allies slightly increasing both their dmg and movement speed

- Barrier: The 2 big arms in the front of the Jaeger are able to generate electric energy which generates a quite big magnetic field on themselves that redirects all incoming projectiles around him into his arms...

his arms are very heavly armored and this skill will effectively cover all nearby units while greatly reducing the dmg taken by the Jaeger by a set % amount (could be 50% i guess)

It will take extra dmg from Puncture and Corrosive (+15% Puncture, +25% Corrosive on his Arms/front and +25% Puncture, +50% Corrosive on his back and flanks)

It will take reduced dmg from Impact, Cold, Electricity, Magnetic, Radiation and Blast (-50% on his Arms/front and -25% on his back/flanks)

It will take standard dmg from Fire, Slash, Viral

This is how i imagine him to look like (courtesy of Dead Space):

2a8f3pd.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here i am again to add a new unit i was thinking of in the last days: The Vulture.

The Vulture is a flying infested unit with average flying speed (greater than Corpus Ospreys) and an HP/Armor similar to the one owned by Oxium Ospreys (therefore kinda resistant).

This unit is designed for ranged attacks, and will have these special skills:

- Acid Spit: Vulture shoots Corrosive bolts like the Tysis pistol

- Scavenger: Vulture is able to loot Health/Energy orbs to self-heal!

Another role of the Vulture will be to distract the enemies thus allowing melee units and ancients to reach their targets and go toe to toe without being instantly gunned down from distance.

The Vulture is vulnerable to Fire (+50%), Gas (+25%) and Corrosive (+25%)

and it's resistant to Poison (-25%), Electricity (-25%) and Impact (-50%)

It will take standard dmg from all the rest.

This is how i imagine the Vulture to look like (courtesy of Star Craft):

57a9df3da376d4715db73b8f0dc2ebc9.jpg

Comments are welcome :)

Edited by Phoenix86

Jaeger doesn't seem to be a very fitting name, considering Jaeger means "Hunter" in German, yet your concept is mostly a "support" unit.

Other than that i suppose it could work. The Infested are in heavy need of an overhaul and every little bit helps.

Edited by Madotsuki

Wow, cool, but it will make fighting with infested harder

that's the target! ;)

Jaeger doesn't seem to be a very fitting name, considering Jaeger means "Hunter" in German, yet your concept is mostly a "support" unit.

Other than that i suppose it could work. The Infested are in heavy need of an overhaul and every little bit helps.

Yeah you are right... i was thinking more about something related to Siege... Siege beast... but i did not find anything cool enough in my little mind and so i came up with that name, let's say that it's a "placeholder" xD

Edited by Phoenix86

I like it. It´s like a Infested Leader of sorts. Perhaps could be based aound a Grineer heavy mixed in with a Lancer to give it a arm-shield.

Seems like the infested evolve into new units by consuming and merging with new victims. They then find a new purpose in the hive.

This could be really cool to fight :)

I'd rather see Jaeger as the actual boss in the game. Some stats changes, buff him a little.....

Give him a nice arena in specific Infested tileset. Leave this model you provided in your description or slighty remodel it to fit in Warframe infested standards. Ta da! We have a nice and amazing new boss to deal with. :) Do want! 

Nice idea though. I'd never thik about sth as good. ^^

Glad that you like it,

about Jaeger's name: it sounds mighty and i like it, anyway i've said it might be changed since Jaeger means Hunter and that unit is more like an Heavy Tank then a Hunter...

That being said i would like to ask to everyone to USE SPOILER'S TAGS to insert images, especially big ones

• 10 months later...

ah,the dead space brute....im a big dead space fanatic,and the brute was one of the most intelligently scripted bosses in game history,required real skill to kill...it would pummle you to catfood or worse if you stayed still enough to be a target,nearly invulnerable unless you stunned him enough to reveal a weakspot