Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Tenno's Best Friend. [Cara]

Tri2killme

vdpmk1.jpg

Excuse the sloppy drawing, I haven't drawn a concept in months, I have been thinking of this warframe for weeks, over and over thinking how it could be implemented and I have a few ideas especially to do with its general mobility and reloading, firing etc.

The frame holds the primary, secondary and melee weapon. The primary and secondary are holstered above and below her chest on a rack, whenever you switch weapons a belt embedded in the warframes chest rotates both weapons and switches their positions (this also has to do with the function of an ability). 

The melee weapon is holstered in her tail which can extend to block, spin attack, charge attack etc.

I will add more about general mobility when I get the chance to mull the ideas over. Now onto abilities.

Land Mine: Cara releases a touch sensitive land mine from her abdomen, damaging a cluster of enemies that unknowingly trigger its deadliness.

Exposive radius: 1/2/3/4M. Duration:5/10/15/20 secs. Damage(Blast):70/140/220/300

Instincts: Cara is not to be underestimated, her sense of smell is her most worthy trait as she uncovers the location of dexterous enemies. (Outlines enemies within Cara's radius for a set time)

Radius:7/14/21/28M. Duration 2/4/7/10 secs. Damage:(A damage multiplier would make no sense for this particular ability.)

Full auto: Cara's belt and limb resistors are loosened creating the perfect circumstances to release her full potential, her primary and secondary are spun in a railgun fashion around her, increasing firing speed and running speed for a set time.

Radius:0/0/0/0 Duration:3/7/15/18 secs. Speed:1.1x/1.25x/1.4x/1.5x.

Turmoil: Cara has an ace in her pocket when cornered, lethal tracking rockets are uncovered in her back and fired, targeting multiple enemies in an instant and damaging nearby enemies unlucky enough to be caught in the fray.

Radius: 7/11/13/15 Duration:0/0/0/0 Damage(Impact on enemies that are hit):1000 (Blast on surrounding enemies, stretch does not increase radius of 6M):250/350/425/500.

Cara is a dexterous foe to be reckoned with tenno, support your four legged comrade.

*I will insert Lore soon, but a small bit of lore I have thought up already is that she was originally a grineer experiment that was tested on and modified to be a weapon against the tenno but was infact saved by tenno raiding a grineer battleship and took a liking to the tenno since she was released from the torturous testing chambers*

The warframes name was supposed to be "Madra" but I thought Cara was more fitting (Gaeilic Irish for companion/friend).

Leave feedback and comments below and I hope you like the idea of it. (Unfortunately it would take too much effort for DE in making new animations for the model but one can dream.)

Edited by Tri2killme

Umm... is this a 'doge' warframe? Like not a person? o_o

Well yes, I really like the idea, I have been thinking of how it could not work out over the last few weeks and one thing kept popping up.... 

The amount of effort and time it would take to create animations on the model for it.

Also, why not? If based on dark sector warframe is going in that direction so humans in warframes would be accurate so why not a dog in a warframe, dogs are used as scouts in several games/movies/series because of their survivability and dexterity and companions seeing as they share a special bond with rescuers or owners. It would be really refreshing to actually witness an idea to do with this in warframe for me and for a vast majority of people.

Edited by Tri2killme

I like the idea. Very very much.

I had the same not so long ago, so i draw my version of the Dogeframe :D ('cause y'know, sometimes i'm bored and i don't want to play, so i take my tablet and i start drawing whatever comes to my mind).

Never finished it though (i never finish any of my drawings xD).

EkQGUBa.png

I like the idea. Very very much.

I had the same not so long ago, so i draw my version of the Dogeframe :D ('cause y'know, sometimes i'm bored and i don't want to play, so i take my tablet and i start drawing whatever comes to my mind).

Never finished it though (i never finish any of my drawings xD).

EkQGUBa.png

Thats amazing :O another idea just came to me aswell if we cant have a dog frame, companions instead of sentinels? ones that can be themed with skins so imagine a nekros one, excalibur, mag etc, that would be nice but would rather a playable one.

I like the sentinels, we shouldn't replace them :'(

And the thing i'm afraid of if we were to get a pet frame is the AI, it's already bugged as hell on the sentinels (shade cloacking...) so just imagine for a pet... when i see the hyena going full retard running in circle and all, does not seem like it would work well for our little companion...

Anyway, i still love the idea. Not sure it would work properly, but love it. x)

Update: I've finally finished watching Warframe livestream 22 and it included animations of a four legged animal, its most likely wildlife for the new tile sets but it has me happy that it could well indeed be possible to have a four legged warframe.

Also feedback would be nice x)

Edited by Tri2killme

I... I really don't like it, sorry. Non-humanoid frames just don't really fit in and kind of... eek? Four arms or four legs, it doesn't really matter.

The first ability is kind of like Vauban's mines, but only single-use. The damage would have to be fairly high to be worth it, and at that point it would be easy to abuse... the second is like Banshee's sonar, but without the damage component, so that's not particularly interesting, either. The third is a little hard to understand... but doesn't seem worth it. The rockets are a kind of cool idea, though.

• 4 weeks later...