Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Silk, Support/espionage Frame, Dancer. 05/5/15 Added First Alt Helmet.

Senketsu_

This is Silk, the Graceful, the Rhythmic. A Tenno equally adept at espionage and assassination as she is at tricking the enemy through the manipulation of one's perception. She is a master at the art of hiding in plain sight, and deadly control over loose material.

If you enjoy/like this Concept, Please feel free to leave an Upvote and take a look at my other Concepts in the 'Extras' section.

FNL7iHM.jpg

Concept art: Silk 2015 Encore Set, WIP this dose not represent the final product, just a look at some possible color schemes.

9LUVE3H.jpg

2mIgO5V.png

NePZFZs.jpg

nmIZVVV.jpg

Silk Encore set Alt Helms:

Silk Alt Helm #1 Wanderer Encore Helm.
JBgH4fL.jpg

Silk Alt Helm  #2 Plainer Encore Helm.

IuWs7xl.jpg

Alternate designs.
by Blazbaros: 2014 Opening Act Set

Credit to Blazbaros for the headline Concept Art. Here is his http://blazbaros.deviantart.com/
As much as I would like to say this was my artwork, it wasnt. The line art was done by Blazbaros, I did however do all the coloring and helped direct him with the drawing. I am going to try, when I have time, to make my own drawing with Silk and her weapon of choice the Kanigata. I also have a Prime planned to so lets hope I have time XD
BNnUjuq.png
Alt Helms:

Series 1: The Wanderer Helmet
UmfCbMC.png
Series 2: The Planer Helmet, ment to resemble a Japanese Fox mask

V9E5I6r.jpg

bEsFhAk.png
Serise 3: Performer Helmet. Probably my fav out of all the Helmets.
gBrWDID.png

by MrPigman: 2014-15 One Hit Wonder Sets

A more classic Gaisha looking design, with a loose Yukata. Credit to MrPigman.
l9hJ2nv.jpg

Original design ment for the Pynn concept but given to me because the artist likes my concept. Credit to MrPigman.
MQhqTts.jpg

A more Chinese alternate design. Credit to MrPigman.
cx8P2ZT.jpg

A fresh new look for a fresh new year. This version sports a more natural cloth feel and a lightly younger looking Silk. Credit to MrPigman
DaiEY6B.jpg

Lm9190a.jpg
Name:
Silk. - Reason for name

Silk was named so because of a unique material she uses with her abilities.
The Material is a rare kind of cloth material made from forma and morphics. It is very sharp around the edges and very durable, yet is as light and smooth as silk, This material is what the outer layer of her frame is made of.

Officially named, Hybrid Weave.

Theme:
Geisha/Dancer

Silk's Role:
Silk is a Support/Espionage frame. Able to provide CC support for her allies, Yet also have survivability powers for Solo play.

Base Stats(at Unranked):
Shields: 100
Health: 90
Armor: 55
Power: 150
Stamina: 120
Speed: 1.5

Lore: Pending revision

facFPhb.jpg

Powers:
Revert the forums back to Black in order to see the Power Icons.
Silks powers consist of the manipulation of her cloth to deal proc damages and rhythmic dances that stun and and grab enemies agro.

Spindle Trap:MRc5owk.png

Silk Shoots out a strand of her hybrid weave at a single target, Wrapping itself around them and immobilizing them while slowly smothering them. While they are trapped within the weave, they have higher armor(because they are wrapped in her cloth). But Any enemy to walk within range of the target will cause her Hybrid Weave to lash out and attack nearby enemies. Causing forced bleed procs on them. The ability ends when the timer runs out or if the enemy is smothered to death. This ability can also be toggled on and off, when toggled off the Hybrid Weave will leave the target causing forced bleed proc before it leaves. Silk can then target another or the same enemies again and repeat the process. This ability is effected by, Range, Strength, and duration mods and can be Toggled. This ability is meant as an alternative to Silks ability Poison Tango as her #1 power. 

Also if the ability is attached to robotics, the Weave will cause Static electricity to overload the Robotics inner workings. Pseudo smothering them.  

Hiding in plain sight:ZmHarqd.png
Silk covers herself in a shroud causing any enemy that sees her to think she is one of their own, in this stated she does extra sneak attack damage and can preform stealth finishers. If she bumps into an enemy or is seen killing an enemy, her shroud will vanish. Be careful Tenno. This ability is effected by, Power and Duration mods and is able to be toggled. This ability is meant to be her #2. And here is a meaning for the term for people who think its an invisibility power the same as Loki and Ash. http://www.wordsense.eu/hidden_in_plain_sight/]Hiding In Plain Sight

Mesmeric Dance:95Sdvzf.png
Silk begins a graceful dance, locking her in place(like Banshees sound quake or Nyx's Absorb) all Enemies in her vicinity will instantly be drawn to her and stunned for the duration of the power and a short time after that, 3/5/7/10 seconds after the ability is over. all enemies who are effected by her Mesmeric Steps will also be susceptible to stealth finishers and extra damage for the length of the stun. This ability is effected by Range and Duration mods and is able to be toggled. This ability is meant to be her #3.

Silken Steps: pG4XlRP.png
Silk does a twirl witch causes the Hybrid cloth of her Sleeves to lash out and her Bow to untie into strands of razor sharp cloth. her sleeves and bow will home onto enemies as she runs(like Ember World on Fire) stunning them and doing bleed procs to all caught in the wake of her graceful steps. This Ability is effected by, Power, Range and Duration mods. This ability is meant to be her #4.

Poison Tango: a112ZWf.png
Silk lashes out the sleeves of her frame, wrapping them around a single target and pulling herself within range to give a deadly "kiss" to her victim, dealing toxic procs to the target and the chance to do a finisher. This ability is effected by, Power and Range mods.

Ballet Stitch:
Silk Preforms a Jeté, causing cloth to flow from her sleeves make a trap, if any enemy walks over it they will fall through it and be trapped for the duration of the ability. While the ability is active Silk and her allies can shoot into the void causing 10/25/50/75% out of 100% damage to all enemies who fell inside(stupid cloth not letting you do full damage :P). This ability is effected by Range and Duration mods and is able to be toggled. This is an alternate ability.

Curtain Waltz:
Silk dashes from one point to another in a wave of razor sharp cloth dealing slash procs to all enemies she passes. In addition, at her start point she leaves a curtain for any ally who passes through it to teleport instantly to her end point. This ability is effected by Range, and power mods. This is an alternate ability.

Shrouded Ball:
Silk shoots out shreds of her cloth, wrapping themselves around the faces of all enemies within range. Every hostile effected by this ability will loose their ability to see and will become panicked. In this state they will shoot/swing their weapons in random directions. Teammates who kill effected enemies gain a damage boost to what ever type of weapon that target is holding(Primary/secondary/melee boost). This ability is effected by Range, Duration, and Power mods. And is able to be toggled.

yA8djA1.jpg
Extras:

Senketsu_'s Quest Concept Center. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/318979-senketsu-s-quest-concept-center-update-featured-concept-pray-on-the-hunters-pending-revision/

Warframe Concept: Lux.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/435977-warframe-concept-lux-damageopportunist-hard-light-frame-04062015-concept-start-art-coming-later/
Urban city Tileset suggestion. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/310616-do-you-think-we-could-ever-get-grineer-corpus-maybe-even-orokin-urban-city-scape-tilesets/
Tenno weapon: Kanigata.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/288203-tenno-weapon-concept-kanigata-tenno-single-bladed-polearm-81114-concept-start/#entry3300802
Orokin weapon: Gladycus & Stanam.https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/301824-orokin-weapon-concept-gladycus-stanam-sword-and-board-with-art-work-83114-concept-start-very-early-rough-sketch/
Tenno weapon: Lenstus. Coming soon
Tenno weapon: Tassen. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/396062-tenno-weapon-concept-tassen-thrown-melee-fan-art-work-coming-later/?p=4373656
Tenno weapon: Dual Xai's. https://forums.warfr...k-coming-later/

If you like this concept please leave an upvote, that will help keep me encouraged to keep building on this concept. If you have feedback, critiques, concerns, or question PLEASE leave a comment. Lets start a conversation. If you dont like my concept feel free to let me know, and tell me what you dont like about it. Although if you are disrespectful to me or someone who is commenting on this thread I'll have to contact a Mod if it gets to far.

Edited by Senketsu_

I think any frame that has a large cultural influence would be really out of place.  I'm new to the game's lore, so I don't know if it's stated exactly how many thousand years after present time Warframe takes place in, but I'd assume that much of Japan's culture is a thing of the past.  

We often emulate the cultures and fashion of civilizations that are comparatively older, though.  That said, if Earth is home to the Grineer, you gotta wonder whether or not they preserved or destroyed cultures previous to their own.  I'm banking that they didn't do the former.  

I like the idea of a frame that mesmerizes and dances.  Unsure about the infusion of Japanese culture, though.  Maybe an equivalent more fitting for the Warframe setting? 

I like the concept especially considering not ALL assassins stick to the shadows others make considerable use of sleight of hand and being in plain sight (or not so plain sight if you want to get technical).  It also seems like a good way to introduce Tenno that weren't necessarily skilled at combat with their void imbued talents.  On the note of the cultural nature of the idea, it's not really a detractor since the idea is more at the core the frame than the culture (i.e. oberon druid paladin standing for balance rather than druid paladins, this frame would be a "dancer" frame with the idea of grace and the feel of a dance rather than the cultural history of the dance).

As far as the abilities should go I would think a combination of artistry and combat practicality for example a dance flourish that sends multiple knives careening to their targets while the targets are overly focused on the flourish itself.  In my opinion each ability should have a dance theme to it with mobility and offensive practicality after all subtlety seems to be the order of the day for this frame's theme.  Multicultural "dances" (and multicultural dance attire working it's way into frame design) would alleviate people's worries about the frame being too culturally based and not enough "soul" to it.

Edited by Irorone

So you are looking for a Mesmer-like frame,
uses gesha-assassin-like moves,
removes her Obi to (lets say) Wipe enemy or maybe since you want to incorporate dance she twirls like a top,
poison darts that maybe, Shoot out of her Geta sandals,
Hidden Blades from her sleeves... 
But yet all in a skin tight exoskeleton.
I want to say challenge accepted, but my sketch book is missing and i dont have a nice pencil like i use to ._.;; I'll get back to you tomorrow about that lol

If I may;
Warframe designs appear to rarely be inspired by a single thing, or give a single feeling. Loki's been compared to a shark, Rhino has a beetle feel, Ember's been called a chicken more times than I can count, Frost and Oberon have their distinctive 'clothes'. While you may produce something interesting focusing solely on emulating Japanese culture and kimonos, you'll get a much stronger design if you mix in more. For example, give the frame heavy koi fish inspiration; it'll help you with the visual part of the design a lot, as well as the biomechanical warframe design, rather than just slapping a kimono from potentially thousands of years ago onto a space ninja robot dancer. That said, do try and incorperate the sleeves and bow into the armor, like Frost and Oberon have.

in my mind i have already kind of thought of a way to make it look like a warframe but still have some aspects of a kimono.

and to adress the other replies, this was why i was looking for community insight. personaly im a huge fan of japanese culture *points at alias :3* but i kind of like the multi cultural theme dance moves with each ability, I was already going to incorperate a different dance move with each ability. But since I am such a big fan of Japanese culture and since this game was very much inspired by japanese culture and sybolism I do wish to keep the Kimono gesha look to it.

I am very greatfull for your thoughts.

Edited by Senketsu_

@Rezule

if you are willing to draw me a design? damn i would love that, lol i just started drawing and im self tought so it takes me a long time to draw and im not quite sure my drawing skills will do what im trying to invision justice. So if you are willing to give it a go that would be really cool. I realy like it that DE is willing to make warframes from community concepts.

Edited by Senketsu_

@Rezule

if you are willing to draw me a design? damn i would love that, lol i just started drawing and im self tought so it takes me a long time to draw and im not quite sure my drawing skills will do what im trying to invision justice. So if you are willing to give it a go that would be really cool. I realy like it that DE is willing to make warframes from community concepts.

I'll try my best, but i cant overly promise it will look good ^.^;; haven't drawn humanoids in a while... >.>;; more of a weapon designer but this concept really catches my attention :3

I was reading back over a few of these comments and i need to say this. Warframe is Largely based off Japanese culture and symolism guys. its like 85% japanese culture and syimbolism and the other 15% is everything else. but yeah this concept that i have would fit right at home with warframe, since it is based so much on japanese stuff.

Edited by Senketsu_

So, i had a bit of trouble procuring a sketch book today, ill have to attempt my art tomorrow, for i got home at like 7 and it is now 10, and I just remember this o-o;; plus I'm grinding for Mag prime this weekend... (That's gonna be fun)

I think any frame that has a large cultural influence would be really out of place.  I'm new to the game's lore, so I don't know if it's stated exactly how many thousand years after present time Warframe takes place in, but I'd assume that much of Japan's culture is a thing of the past.  

We often emulate the cultures and fashion of civilizations that are comparatively older, though.  That said, if Earth is home to the Grineer, you gotta wonder whether or not they preserved or destroyed cultures previous to their own.  I'm banking that they didn't do the former.  

I like the idea of a frame that mesmerizes and dances.  Unsure about the infusion of Japanese culture, though.  Maybe an equivalent more fitting for the Warframe setting? 

Valkyr is a cultural influence. She symbolizes a girls period. 

• 4 months later...

L52SbLB.jpg

heres the original concept i had made for my frame, it doesnt look all that warframe-y but it gives a great feel of what the frame looks might look like.

try this for animations and other such things ^-^ i love this stuff

L52SbLB.jpg

heres the original concept i had made for my frame, it doesnt look all that warframe-y but it gives a great feel of what the frame looks might look like.

try this for animations and other such things ^-^ i love this stuff

that is spot on what I was envisioning when I thought up this concept. But yours feels more flushed out and developed then mine so im probably going to A. abandon this concept and support yours 100% or B. leave it untill im more skilled, and come back and develop it more. 

that is spot on what I was envisioning when I thought up this concept. But yours feels more flushed out and developed then mine so im probably going to A. abandon this concept and support yours 100% or B. leave it untill im more skilled, and come back and develop it more.

your choice M8! I do love the idea of the dancing feel. One of my favorite characters on Warriors orochi 3 is sanzang who uses sleeves as a weapon! Just a huge fan of that sort of thing really.

your choice M8! I do love the idea of the dancing feel. One of my favorite characters on Warriors orochi 3 is sanzang who uses sleeves as a weapon! Just a huge fan of that sort of thing really.

lol you make a hidden weapon Gaisha frame and ill make a dancer Gaisha frame, and we'll see what happens :) 

Btw May I use that concept design in my concept untill I am able to get to drawing my own? Ill give you credit for it of course.