Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Scope Issue

CampingSnake

A sniper rifle isn't very accurate when the scope is broken. If you zoom in using the vectis, the scope is off. When you fire, your shot goes left.

Is this a game wide issue or just a problem with me?

Looked into it more, I haven't had the glare issue some people report. But, I did notice that the scope hud was not aligned with the actual reticle. When reloading, you can see where you are actually aiming.

The scope is a hud overlay on your screen. It seems the overlay is off from the actual reticle.

I've had the same problem with the codex scanner. Except the codex scanner is much farther off for me.

The problem is also present in the lanka. Except the lanka has the charge ring around the reticle, making it easier to actually hit things.

I've switched back and forth between windowed, full screen, and screen resolutions. Each time, the scope hud would be off in a diferent direction, or by varying distances.

Edited by CampingSnake

I'd like to reply to this with a similar issue at hand.  Zooming in with Vectis on tile sets with higher fog/light is effectively blinding the zoom HUD.  You're literally blinded by the light.  *waits for quip* Tried turning bloom off to fix it, that's a no go as well.  I believe this will need a look over if it's to stay an effective sniper rifle.

~Tenno out

I guess I'll be the one to ask the stupid question, but are you sure you aren't using heavy caliber?

I know what the problem he's having is, and it's related to window resolution. I was having the same problem because my screen's a weird size. The center of the scope is about a centimetre to the right and slightly above the actual reticle and it makes it incredibly difficult to aim a scoped sniper rifle.

Note, it applies to the scope overlay rather than the actual aiming dot. Put simply, the scope pattern is off-center.

The main issue that I have with the scopes (really, almost any of the scopes) is the way they're colored. The Vulkar's scope you can hardly see in low-lit areas (namely Grineer locations), while at the same time, the Vectis/Snipetron(Vandal)/Lanka scopes I can't see in bright-lit locations.

Combined with that the WHOLE OVERLAY changes color when highlighting an enemy doesn't help with target acquisition.

The reticle itself (the dot in the middle of the scopes) is too big for taking on long distance targets. Notable on some of the larger maps/tiles, such as most defense maps, corpus outpost, Grineer Phobos outpost. When I take aim at a target across the map, I'm unable to tell if I'm actually aiming at them or I'm aiming around them as half or more of the enemy's body is covered by the dot. A simple, thin crosshair would suffice perfectly to ensure long-range accuracy - what snipers are meant for.

yep, so good.

Kv1Imgt.jpg

Turn off Motion Blur and Color Correction. It removes the blinding glare. 

It's a work-around to remove these issues now, but the problem will still persist and shouldn't be happening in the first place.  

Edited by TwiceDead

The main issue that I have with the scopes (really, almost any of the scopes) is the way they're colored. The Vulkar's scope you can hardly see in low-lit areas (namely Grineer locations), while at the same time, the Vectis/Snipetron(Vandal)/Lanka scopes I can't see in bright-lit locations.

Combined with that the WHOLE OVERLAY changes color when highlighting an enemy doesn't help with target acquisition.

I don't think it's so much the color as the blind that comes with putting up the zoom HUD, whether low lit for Vulkar or high lit problems with the Vectis, etc.  Unless I'm not reading you correctly, you're saying that the HUD overlay for the zoom on the Vectis doesn't help when it changes color to signify it's "red for hot" targeting an enemy?

That doesn't make much sense, it's extremely helpful to have that HUD overlay turn red for when you're actually hitting the target.  In fact, that was one of the only ways I was able to know if I was hitting something with the glare affect.

@TwiceDead:  I'm still getting too much glare with the sniper HUD up using that config.

@TwiceDead:  I'm still getting too much glare with the sniper HUD up using that config.

DISCLAIMER:

Following tests are done using the Vectis!

I find myself incapable of replicating the bug now, which leads me to believe it only happens on certain maps. Earth Daytime was the time I managed to replicate it and remove it by turning off Motion Blur and Color Correction, but when it was Earth Nighttime I don't get the bug at all. This leads me to believe that it only occurs when a certain amount of light hits a surface in the game. 

I did however go and test this out on Phobos, and indeed the white blinding glare was present, but only on the ground where light hit the surface, again with all my options on. Turned off Color Correction, and suddenly everything was normal.

I wen't to the Orokin Void to test it out, and yes everything in the Orokin Void is bright and blinding because light is hitting every surface. 

Turned off Color Correction again, and the blinding lights were gone. There were still some sharp lights though, due to the softening caused by Bloom, but I turned off Bloom and everything was back to normal. It was still hard to see the scope with the Vectis though, because Transparent-Gray doesn't overlay well with bright white colored walls. 

So yeah I stand by my first fix as it works for me. Color Correction is the main culprit. 

Speculation: 

People can have different settings turned on/off in their Nvidia Controlpanel or their AMD counterpart which causes this blinding light problem, so just because disabling Color Correction may work for me doesn't mean if it will work for you as we may have different settings. 

Edited by TwiceDead

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the original post, I had a similar problem on both vectis and vulkar except that my guns were firing about half an inch high. I read elsewhere that this might be related to screen resolution. I was able to fix it by going into the display menu and changing display mode from "full screen" to "borderless fullscreen."

Only some people have the mis-aligned scope problem, but still, it seems like the general theme is that people want it optional (though even if it were, i guarantee people with the problem would still have it, given the actual crosshair moves, and the scope is probably just an overlay centred on the crosshair)

Only some people have the mis-aligned scope problem, but still, it seems like the general theme is that people want it optional (though even if it were, i guarantee people with the problem would still have it, given the actual crosshair moves, and the scope is probably just an overlay centred on the crosshair)

Actually, the overlay is not centered on the crosshair. When I was using the vectis and it was firing to the side, I could line my shot up while reloading because the normal crosshair showed up while reloading, allowing me to aim it at my target.

• 2 months later...