Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Optus Prime - The Trans-Forma Warframe.

Wemic

This rare warframe would only exist as a Prime; there would not be a non-Orokin version.

Infused with high amounts of Forma, this frame would be designed around exploiting the shape-altering properties of the material. There is more to this legendary tenno than meets the eye.

Powers:

Roll Out - The warframe would curl into a ball, mimicing the Roller enemy (except larger, so it would still be big enough for the tenno inside to feasibly be curled into 'fetal position'). In this form, jump height would be drastically decreased, but top speed would be greater than normal sprint speed. The frame would no longer be able to crouch, and "slide" would behave differently, allowing the frame to "drift" around corners while rolling. None of the normal weapons could be used, but rolling into enemies would cause knockback and damage which increase with the frame's current velocity. Pressing the melee attack key would extend/retract spikes or blades, which do increased damage (and elemental damage) based on the equipped melee weapon. Using this ability while already in the Roller form returns the frame to normal for no energy cost.

Defender's Burden - The warframe's left arm grows a large 'riot' shield, similar to the Shield Lancer's. While the shield is out, movement speed is decreased, sprinting is disabled, and the primary weapon cannot be used; attacks can only be made with the secondary and melee weapons. Pressing the sprint key will cause the frame to perform a "shield bash," which can knock back enemies a fair distance. Obviously, the primary point of the shield will be that it can block attacks/damage, and provide cover for both the frame and allies. Using this ability while the shield is already out returns the frame to normal mode for no energy cost.

Ion Cannons - The warframe transforms into a stationary energy turret, with two large barrels extending up from its back and coming down to rest on its shoulders, its legs extending spikes down to anchor it to the ground, and its body armor thickening a bit. The frame's normal weapons can't be used in this form, and the frame cannot move, only rotate. Pressing primary attack causes the large weapon barrels to fire very powerful energy blasts. The fire rate would be relatively slow, but the damage would be high to compensate for the slow attacks and inability to move. Blocking will be disabled, but the frame's armor stat would be increased while in this form. Using this ability again while already in this form returns the frame to normal for no energy cost.

Omni-Spark - The warframe builds energy in the center of its body and then releases it, arcing to all enemies and allies within a radius. Health and shields are drained from the enemies, and the same are replenished to allies. There would be a base value that would be given to allies when no enemies are hit by the ability, but the amount drained from foes would also be distributed evenly to the frame's allies. If an ally in bleedout is caught in the radius and the amount to be healed is great enough, the ability will revive them. This ability can be used regardless of which form the frame is currently in without cancelling that form.

[idea 2.0:] A targeted ability which fires a powerful momentary beam of energy from the center of the warframe's torso into an enemy. The beam causes a large amount of damage, and can cause stun/knockdown. If the damage is enough to kill the enemy target, the enemy is instead instantly changed to the "Corrupted" Orokin variant of the unit (if one exists) and will fight on the tenno's side until killed. (In real game mechanic terms, it would despawn the enemy and spawn in a friendly Corrupted version.) Only one such friendly Corrupted unit can be active at a time (per Optus frame). As such, if the ability is activated while the Corrupted unit is still alive, then instead of the normal attack, it causes the Corrupted unit to self-destruct in a blast of energy which damages and stuns enemies in a radius around it.

Notes:

Using one of the transformation abilities while already transformed into a different form would allow the frame to transition directly to the new form without having to go back to normal form first.

If the player is put into bleedout while in one of the forms, they instantly revert to normal form as they fall down.

Edited by Wemic

You do realize that Warframes are "armor", and not machines? Theres flesh inside.

Indeed, I'm fully aware of that (though some lore seems to indicate that it's debatable). But keep in mind, our characters already drastically change build (and currently also gender) when we equip other frames, so I see no reason that a frame that is infused with a high amount of Forma and utilizes it in new and exiciting ways shouldn't be able to alter any flesh inside as well, at least temporarily. Plus, the forms I'm suggesting would still have space inside for a person; I'm mostly talking about external transformation of the armor. (For the Roller form specifically, google search Samus Aran and Morph Ball for precedence.)

Edited by Wemic

• 5 months later...

is this TransFormers except in warframe and put forma on it

Optus Prime

Optimus Prime

(just removed the "i" and the "m")

Roll out= Autobots roll out- changes into a vehicle or a moving object

Ion cannons- we're not a machine

Defender's Burden- that's all right

Omni-Spark- does this come from duh chest, is it as powerful as the All Spark.

and by Orokin you mean orokin artifacts on the suit

so this can only be found in the void, and you have to get alot of forma

I'm sure I have no idea what you're referring to. I don't know of any copyrighted character named "Optus." ;)

It's not a character, but one of Australia's largest telecom companies is called Optus.  I'm using their services right now to post this.

Edited by ShadowFighter88

i love Transformers and this is an awesome idea but i think that it would make a better sentinel than an actual warframe.

1. warframes may be in armor but they still are flesh so they cant exactly change forms as you put it

2. i'm pretty sure that warframe would have to get all the appropriate permissions to use anything Transfomers related 

Now if you were to put this idea into a sentinel concept you could still use some of the ideas you had for the powers