Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker-Like Concept: Seraph, The Guardian

Kintsurugi

I suggest a Tenno NPC similar to the Stalker, sending messages to the "targeted player" before appearing to help with missions until defeated. Whether (s)he can appear when the Stalker or Harvester does, conditions for obtaining a "life mark," unique abilities and loadout I leave open for suggestion as well as other ideas anyone may have. The name is open for suggestions as well, I'm just putting out the core idea.

Edited by Kintsurugi

Hemm, err, is this something like "serpah sent by lotus becasue of her love for us" it sounds familiar ... but there were a J and a G in the original characters names

besides my terrible joke, i don't think that this is actually a good idea... i'd prefere a 5th slot to invite a player instead :\

but, whatever, it's just my opinion, a tenno npc isn't that bad as idea... 

Edited by Regar

Don't really like it to be honest. Because of affinity (XP) stealing, it would suck to.grind weapons and have this show up to make the grind even longer. Plus... No player really needs the help of an NPC, except a new player possibly, but they should just lvl up gear which brings us back to XP stealing

In truth, the idea started out as "another NPC other than Lotus" which then became "a Tenno NPC" and then "anti-stalker." Just throwing ideas out into the void, seeing if anything bites or develops into something else/more with input from anyone who would have something to add.

Edited by Kintsurugi

Am I the only one that fancies this idea?

I mean yes "oh noes it's steelin mah XP waaaaaaah" but what good is all that affinity when you actually need help against a surprisingly lethal set of enemies(like Eviscerators or Stalker/Harvy)

Sure there are you guys out there that harcore solo everything like it's child's play, but there's people like me who like it more when I work in a team as a team. Having a short-lived small helping hand for a sticky situation would be better instead of failing the mission and losing everything anyway.

maybe not an offensive help, but a defensive one.

examples:

- if you're pinned down in the same position (within X meters) against a certain amount of enemies, 'Helper' has a chance to show up and create a smoke screen, greatly reducing the enemy accuracy, or places a shield between you and the largest concentration of enemies

- if you die more than X times, 'Helper' has a chance to show up and create a bubble shield (sanctuary-style) when somebody is resurrecting.

bubble shield will remain for Y seconds at most, or Z seconds of not receiving any fire

this is kinda with the idea to lend a helping hand if things are really going south, but not giving your squad or an individual member an insane advantage.

Funnily enough this might work as one of the upcoming focus abilities mentioned on the last livestream. That at 30 on a warframe you can start accumulating points for extra abilities and one a day one shot abilities to save your bacon. Being able to hit a hot key and call in your own stalkeresque Tenno back up might just be a brilliant life saving thing.

But yeah as a random occurence you would be too often going 'Hey I was about to shoot that one! Damnit kill the big one not those ones!' and so on.

If the encounter were to be a random occurrence I feel the chance should be near impossible, like .001% with a max chance of .01% if all four players have fulfilled whatever the requirements would be.

As for function, I like the idea of this guardian Tenno acting in a defensive/support role only. Perhaps a one-time team heal, an ammo restore, a revive when downed (bleeding out), or some sort of team buff.

For lore, they could appear as a literal counter to the Stalker. The player must have both marks from the guardian and the Stalker, only then would they alone get an option to either let the two fight in a cutscene and then both leave (either in a stalemate or one defeated while the other is too injured and must leave), or have the guardian back off so you can fight the Stalker yourself. This option I feel could work the same way as if you had to decide on whether to leave a defense mission or continue.

Regardless I feel that there should be some incredibly long or ridiculous list of requirements in order to even unlock this Tenno.

• 4 weeks later...