Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chimera- The Evasive Frame (Wip) Updated 4/1/2014

(PSN)bmulligan

Note: Chimera is being used in the sense of  “ Any horrible or grotesque imaginary creature” or “A fancy or dream; an imagining”.

Codex entry:

Security Footage: Grustrag Facility - Iliad Phobos - #59479056

The sharp tone of the alarm bell rang throughout the Grustrag Facility.

“Spera ku, hum hut!" (Spread out, find it )

"Klos do dor, legger te peremeter.” (Close the door, secure the perimeter)

The heavy alloy doors of the facility slammed into place, bolting themselves shut. Over the sound of the alarm, the Grineer’s hurried footfalls the sound of gunshots is heard echoing from below.

All is silent.

“Reporta, reporta! Rraas hut reaar?”(Report, report! Has it died?)

A blinding light suddenly floods the room, nothing can be seen but white.

“Hum na kos hut” (Find and kill it)

The light in the room quickly subsides. One lone Grineer is left standing , it’s armor seems to be made of several pieces of other units.

The voice of the Lotus is heard resonating throughout the facility.

“You’re safe now Tenno, we've come to retrieve you”

Stats

Health:100

Power: 125

Armor: 65

Shield Capacity:75

Sprint speed:1.25

Stamina: 100

Polarities:  x4 17px-Ability.png x1 17px-D.png x119px-Bar.png

Aura polarity: N/A

Abilities:

Ability 1-Blinding light

“The Chimera summons a blinding ball of light, that serves only to distract and annoy its pursuers.”

Equip cost: 0/1/2/3

Power Cost: 25

Strength: 200/300/600/800 Health

Range : 10/20/40/50 meters

Duration: 10/15/25/30  Seconds

The Chimera sacrifices a minor amount of energy to create a blindingly-bright sphere, used to distract enemies. Upon casting, a ball of light if thrown out of the Chimeras hand, and will move around for 10/15/25/30 seconds aggravating all enemies within 10/20/40/50 meters from the orb. The ball will act much like a Grineer Hellion, in terms of it’s movement (flying from platform to platform around the room). The light orb will live for it’s preset duration, or until it absorbs 200/300/600/800 damage, and will then explode into a shower of sparks.

2-Disguise

To survive, the Chimera has kept it’s friends close, and it’s enemies closer. By disguising itself as one of the very people hunting it, the Chimera has continually evaded it’s predators”

Equip cost: 3/4/5/6

Power cost: 50

Strength: N/A

Ability 

Range: 25/40/50/50 meters

Duration: 5/10/15/20 seconds

The Chimera disguises itself for 5/10/15/20 seconds as the enemy currently in the Tenno’s reticle 25/40/50/50 meters away, and proceeds to teleport to that enemies location.  The enemy the Chimera has disguised as is teleported to the Tenno’s previous location and is knocked down, temporarily being targeted by their allies for 5/10/15/20 seconds.

Ability 3 - Cannibalize

Sometimes, the only way to leave is the way you came in. When cornered, the Chimera is capable of magnetizing itself and allies, drawing armor onto their frames for protection.

Equip cost: 6/7/8/9

Power cost: 75

Strength: 100/200/300/400 armor increase

3/5/8/10 enemies knocked down

-.20 /-.15 /-.10/-.10 frame movement speed (.8 movement speed hardcap)

Range: 15/20/22/25 meters

5/7/9/10 meters

Duration: 7/10/15/20 seconds

The Chimera uses it’s magnetic abilities to draw the armor of fallen foes onto it’s allies within 15/20/22/25 meters, increasing it’s allies armor by 100/200/300/400. The increase in armor lasts for 7/10/15/20 seconds,and movement speed will decrease by -.20 /-.15 /-.10/-.10(.8 hardcap). Tenno will lose the ability to slide, and will instead be able to dash for distances of  5/7/9/10 meters. As the Tenno dashes (at no cost to stamina) they can knock down 3/5/8/10 enemies in their path.

Ability 4-Mirage

“To avoid being captured, the Chimera developed the ability to heat the air around it, causing it’s hunters to hallucinate”

Equip cost: 10/11/12

Power cost: 100

Strength:3/5/7 copies

Range: N/A

Duration: 15/20/25 seconds

The Chimera releases a pulse of heat, which radiates from the frame itself. As the wave spreads out 3/5/7 copies of the Chimera form that look similar to the Loki’s decoys, but have heat waves emanating from them and are capable of moving independently akin to Nekros’ shadows . The copies deal damage based upon the Tenno’s pistols damage. (mods included). These copies will remain on the battlefield for 15/20/25 seconds.

Concept art:

Helmet 

GMcCW9A.jpg

Frame - side : 

EEyZKZq.jpg

Old Ability concepts:

Old ability 1: Gauntlet 

Ability 1 - Gauntlet

“The Chimera is very adept at escaping in close quarters. Being extremely agile, the Chimera can run through crowds of enemies, knocking down all in it’s path.”

Equip cost: 0/1/2/3

Power cost 25

Strength: 3/5/7/10 seconds

Range: 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 meters

Duration: .75 seconds

The Chimera charges forward for a distance of 8 / 9 / 11 / 13 meters. If any enemies are within 1.5 / 1.6 / 1.8 / 2.0 of the Chimera while in motion, the enemy is knocked down and will remain on the ground for 3/5/7/10 seconds.

Old Ability 3 : Fleet foot

Ability 3 - Fleet Foot

The Chimera needs great amounts of agility and cunning, as do it’s allies. For it’s own protection the Chimera diverts its own energy into it’s allies, allowing them to move faster, but at a cost.”

Equip cost: 6/7/8/9 

Power cost: 75

Strength: -.30 /-.25 /-.20 /-.15 frame movement speed

5% / 7.5% / 12.5% / 25% boost to allies reload, melee, and movement speeds.

Range: 15/20/22/25 meters

Duration: 10/11/13/15 seconds

upon casting Fleet foot, The Chimera will lower it’s own movement speed to .95 / 1 / 1.05 / 1 .1

but will give a 5% / 7.5% / 12.5% / 25% speed, reload speed and melee attack speed increase to teammates within 15/20/22/25 meters for 10/11/13/15 seconds.

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan

First off, cool overall idea and theme. however i think the first three abilities would need a rework.

!st- the same as slash dash, rhino charge, and zephyrs 1st (whatever thats called). too many powers that are already practically the same thing.

2nd- it's basically loki's switch teleport with a small visual twist. as mentioned before, there are already quite a few powers out that are similar to each other.

3rd- i think this is a bit too similar to volts speed. maybe if the power increased stamina or stamina regen or something it might be a bit more unique.

as for #4...it sounds pretty cool. nice work :)

First off, cool overall idea and theme. however i think the first three abilities would need a rework.

!st- the same as slash dash, rhino charge, and zephyrs 1st (whatever thats called). too many powers that are already practically the same thing.

2nd- it's basically loki's switch teleport with a small visual twist. as mentioned before, there are already quite a few powers out that are similar to each other.

3rd- i think this is a bit too similar to volts speed. maybe if the power increased stamina or stamina regen or something it might be a bit more unique.

as for #4...it sounds pretty cool. nice work :)

As for the second power, I'd greatly prefer that it be kept as is, as I'd like it to be a more useful version of switch teleport and implement a new game mechanic ( the disguising)

As for abilities 1 and 3, the were more so placeholder abilities until I or someone else could come up with a better idea, but you've pretty much nailed down exactly what both of the abilities are based on. If you have any ideas of your own, I;d absolutely love to hear them.

As for the second power, I'd greatly prefer that it be kept as is, as I'd like it to be a more useful version of switch teleport and implement a new game mechanic ( the disguising)

As for abilities 1 and 3, the were more so placeholder abilities until I or someone else could come up with a better idea, but you've pretty much nailed down exactly what both of the abilities are based on. If you have any ideas of your own, I;d absolutely love to hear them.

wait a minute, i just re-read the 3rd power and thought about it for a second...thats a pretty sweet idea! i didn't realize that you meant you keep the disguise for a bit to trick enemies into thinking your the guy you switch teleported, its like the patsy from prototype! xD 

wait a minute, i just re-read the 3rd power and thought about it for a second...thats a pretty sweet idea! i didn't realize that you meant you keep the disguise for a bit to trick enemies into thinking your the guy you switch teleported, its like the patsy from prototype! xD 

So long as I'm online, have you anything to suggest for the first or third powers? I don't like the volt-like ability nor the first abilities commonalities as much as I'd like something original.

maybe first ability could be some kind of distraction power. although not much  use now, when they release stealth 2.0 a power that maybe poisons a guy and makes him go crazy to draw attention from enemies. that would fit well with the theme of evasion. :) whatcha think?

maybe first ability could be some kind of distraction power. although not much  use now, when they release stealth 2.0 a power that maybe poisons a guy and makes him go crazy to draw attention from enemies. that would fit well with the theme of evasion. :) whatcha think?

Originally, I thought about having the ability be throwing an explosive (like a smaller castana)  at an enemy, that deals blast damage and staggers within a certain range. Not quite sure how that would work with the theme though, perhaps adding in in a confusion element would work better. Something similar to a smoke bomb with a cloud of smoke and confusion, forcing enemies to attack their allies would be my next choice for an ability.

Is that more unique and satisfying? 

Spoilers have been added. Any extra posts that used to contain addition information have now been consolidated. 

Would anybody see a problem with making the Chimera's abilities magnetic based, but not deal primarily magnetic damage?

Is there anyone with an opinion on one of the abilities? If so, I'd love to hear it!

Post is now contained in spoilers, so as to prevent the foreboding wall-of-text feel it used to have. Improved lore for the Chimera is being though of, as well as a description of what I see when I think of this frame. Should any Tenno be willing to draw a concept, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Artists are now being contacted to see if a concept can be drawn up for this frame. I have great amounts of faith in these artists, and I hope any concepts these artists can create would be absolutely amazing.

As always, anybody have any suggestions?

Edited by (PS4)bmulligan

Codex Entry has been written, providing some information as to the origin of the Chimera. It's a little lengthy compared to that of most Warframes, but it works nonetheless.

Anybody have anything to suggest about the entry? Anything I should add or change?

As always, anybody have any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

first what's with those font color ? Can't read much on my phone.

Secondly, I don't think any frame should be able to hinder another frame mouvement too much. It's an open door to trolling. I already hate loki switch and valkyr whip for the same reason