Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Explosive-Type Frame : Cannon

Veridantus

I notice there are no explosion/blast-themed warframe yet, so I decided to make one..
btw, name is changed to Warhead

Background : 
A voluntary test subject of the tenno researcher of old, Warhead is infused with advanced experimental nanomites to increase his energy potential.. Unfortunately, the energy produced are highly unstable & behaves in a very explosive manner. The frame was later developed as a mean to regulate his overwhelming energy, which he now mastered fully. Now, he uses his unstable energy as a mean to destroy those in his path..

Description : 
Despite his explosive powers, Warhead is actually rather agile with a reduced armor & shield frame in order to expel his powers properly.. Also, this is a rather simple frame concept than most of the one in the forum with complex skill, etc.. It's pretty much a close range glass-cannon type of frame that is generally good in crowd control, agile & versatile, & with one of the most damaging single target skill..

Stats (@ rank 30): 

Health : 100 (300)
Shield :   75  (225)
Armor :   30
Energy :150  (225)
Speed :  1.1

Abilities :

Nanomite Bomb : 
- Costs 50 energy
- Expels 3/5/7/10 nanomites simultaneously from his hand with each nanomite dealing 35/40/45/50 blast dmg with 100% blast status chance
- Nanomites are expeled in a shotgun pellet manner
- Nanomites act like a sticky bomb which detonates 6 seconds after it sticks(can also be shot at to detonate)
- Nanomites explosion dmg in a very small AoE in which very close/overlapping enemies may be damaged as well

Blast : 
- Costs 25 energy
- Creates an small blast on his hands by colliding nanomites infused with his energy to propels him forward to wherever he is facing for 3meter.
- Damages enemy for 35/70/100/150 blast dmg only on the blast point in a 1 meter AoE
- Usable on ground & air
- when used on ground & air propels him in a forward arc(similar to super jump instead of tailwind)
- does not deal any damage in-flight/on destination

Explosion :
- Costs 75 energy
- Focuses his energy-infused nanomites on his fist which he punches to the ground creating an explosion in a 3/4/5/6 meter AoE with 200/350/500/650 blast dmg & knocks back enemy..
- Usable on both ground & air 
- The explosion only occurs on impact(fist hit ground/airborne enemy on jump)
- 1 second casting time
- when used on air has a similar mechanic to jump attack

Implosion :
- Costs 100 energy + shield turns to 0 whether the skill hits/misses
- Overcharges his nanomites on his fist which he delivers directly to his enemy by a punch, damaging the enemy with the punch & the overcharged nanomites implosion.
- 3 phase skill : Punch, Implosion & Detonation
- The initial punch deals 125/250/375/500 dmg to a single enemy which also staggers/stuns/ragdolls the enemy for 3 seconds
- Implosion comes after the 3 seconds imploding the enemy for 2000/3000/4000/5000 dmg on the single target
- The detonation deals 150/300/450/600 dmg on nearby enemies in a 3 meter AoE
- 2 second charge time(can move while charging)
- The punch has a regular(around obex's) Hitbox
- Implosion only happens if the initial punch hits the target
- Initial Punch & Implosion only affects 1 target

Substitute Skills :

Napalm :
- Costs 50
- Throws a cluster of nanomite bombs which explodes for 50/75/100/125 blast dmg in a 1 meter AoE on impact & spreads 3/7/5/10 nanomites in all direction, each dealing 15/30/45/60 blast dmg with 100% blast status chance also on impact
- Nanomite bomb travels in an arc (like a grenade)
- Nanomite bomb & the nanomites are affected by bullet attractor(behaves like a bullet)

Explosive Charge :
- Costs 75
- Covers the whole body with energy-infused nanomites & charges at the enemy
- Explosion occurs on impact for 150/300/450/600 blast dmg in a 2m AoE on the point of impact
- 1 sec casting time

Nanomite Rush :
- Costs 100
- Covers melee weapon with energy-infused nanomites dealing extra blast damage & explosion on every melee attack
- bonus blast damage on melee hit : 100/150/200/250%
- bonus explosion dmg : 10/15/20/25% of melee dmg(bonus blast dmg included) in a 1 meter AoE on every hit

Feedback please~
btw, I suck at naming so please help me find a better name for this frame..

*edited : balancing Implosion & Explosion energy to damage output..
*edited : changed the name to Warhead
*edited : rebalancing of skills

Btw, please check this out as well if interested :
[Mission Concept] Chase & Destroy + Alert Type Extraction mission :
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/187194-mission-concept-chasedestroynormal-mission-extractionalert-type/

Edited by Veridantus

Pretty good idea for a Frame. While I have to pick at is the energy cost of Explosion and Nuclear need to be reduced a bit and lower the damage a bit on Nuclear cause its a little overpowered

hmm, guess a total of almost 7k on the single target is pretty op.. lemme tweak it a bit.

thx for the feedback

I would like to see something around this. Maybe if there is more Shields and Health, it could be perfect for a solo-player like me but I'm not talking about  A HUGE increase. Like maybe like 40 Health, and 50 more shields to start out.

thx for the feedback, I'll think about balancing stat a bit more..