Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Warframe Concept] Janus - The Warframe Of Conflict (A Strange Hybrid Idea That Toggles Between Modes.)

DragonDance

Backstory: 

Not all are able to so easily resist the corruption of the Technocyte virus, those that succumb become violent, mindless animals.  And those who embrace it become...well... something less then human, but also more. 

But what if one found balance with their conflicted nature, letting the two sides battle it out inside of them, and then releasing that pent up energy for the cause?

Naming Convention:

(Taken from the Wikipedia: Janus)

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (Latin: Ianus, pronounced [ˈiaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings and transitions,[1] thence also of gates, doors, passages, endings and time. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past. The Romans named the month of January (Ianuarius) in his honor.

Janus presided over the beginning and ending of conflict, and hence war and peace. The doors of his temple were open in time of war, and closed to mark the peace.

Breakdown:

Janus is meant to be a semi squishy caster frame, with a focus on damaging and debuffing enemies, or healing and buffing allies.  At will, Janus can choose to switch between "Saviour" mode, with a focus on support, or "Destroyer" mode, with a focus on offense.  All of Janus' abilities change significantly depending on the mode he is in.  Most of his damage from abilities is Viral, as that is the damage type most often associated with Infected.

Abilities:

One:

Savior's Light/Destroyer's Smite

In Saviour mode, Janus throws a small ball of light that collides with a solid object, exploding into a small AoE.  Allies within the AoE recover a small portion of health, and enemies caught in the AoE are blinded for a short amount of time.

In Destroyer mode, Janus throws a small ball of infected venom that collides with a solid object, exploding into a small AoE.  Enemies caught within the AoE take a small amount of damage, recieve a Viral DoT, and a minor speed debuff for the duration of the DoT.

Two:

Rallying Cry/Heartshattering Scream

In Saviour mode, Janus gives a rallying shout to motivate his allies and demoralize his enemies, giving all allies near him a bonus to damage, and an instaneous and minor shield recharge and all enemies near him a penalty to speed.

In Destroyer mode, Janus screams with all of the heart gutting monstrosity of the infected hive, darkening and destroying the will to fight of those around him.  Enemies in range of the scream are feared, and allies in range of the scream get a movement speed buff.

Three:

Aura of the Saviour/Aura of the Destroyer

In Saviour mode, Janus activates an aura that lasts for so many seconds.  While in range of the aura, allies benefit from increased shield regen, and a minor heal over time.

In Destroyer mode, Janus activates an aura that lasts for so many seconds.  While in range of the aura, enemies suffer a constant DoT, each tick having a minor chance to cause knockdown.

Four:

The Conflicted

Janus takes control of the conflicted nature inside of him, allowing him to switch between Saviour and Destroyer mode at the cost of energy.  All of his abilities toggle to the new form's type.  The ability should be instaneous, with no animation (possible a particle effect though?)  Allowing a Janus player to quickly swap forms on the fly to protect or damage as necessary to protect his teammates. (This could and should include a visual change to the warframe too, just for aesthetics.)  Almost forgot.  This ability should cancel any active Aura at the time, to avoid players using Efficiency mods to stack both auras.

Conclusion:

Thanks for taking the time to read this, feel free to drop any critisicm, if you think the idea is neat/viable, and if you think it's too weak, or too overpowered.

Edited by DragonDance

less human... sounds like Hayden Tenno

Well, I was actually thinking more along the lines of those people like Mezner or Nemisis, who traded their humanity for power and turned into monsters, but retained their minds.  Sorta like the control plaga users in the Resident Evil series.

Well, I was actually thinking more along the lines of those people like Mezner or Nemisis, who traded their humanity for power and turned into monsters, but retained their minds.  Sorta like the control plaga users in the Resident Evil series.

well on the wiki it said "Using the very method of Lasria's destruction as a means to save the ravaged Russian city – and to redeem his own wounded soul, Hayden continues with his mission. They sent their fallen angel into a locale that would ensure either one of two results: his death, or worse -- a successful completion of the mission, which would, by its very nature, change Hayden into something more than man… but less than human…" so that why I thought Hayden

well on the wiki it said "Using the very method of Lasria's destruction as a means to save the ravaged Russian city – and to redeem his own wounded soul, Hayden continues with his mission. They sent their fallen angel into a locale that would ensure either one of two results: his death, or worse -- a successful completion of the mission, which would, by its very nature, change Hayden into something more than man… but less than human…" so that why I thought Hayden

Ah, coincidence then.  It does fit though.  I was thinking resident evil when I made that quote though, tbh.

well doesn't matter what its based off of the ideas good in the end

Well, thankyou for the input.  I quite like this idea, and think it's pretty neat.  It's just unfortunate that I can't really think of a way to make the title catch the eye of people who won't tl;dr it or something so I can get some more support or critisiscm.

Well, thankyou for the input.  I quite like this idea, and think it's pretty neat.  It's just unfortunate that I can't really think of a way to make the title catch the eye of people who won't tl;dr it or something so I can get some more support or critisiscm.

Post it here they get noticed easier here it works 1/2 the time for me

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/144434-new-fan-concepts-index/page-12

• 10 months later...

I'm also working on frame concepts with "mode" bit I never had the idea to use the 4th ability for the switch to make mode switching omit to op. Even so I think the frame idea does too many things. I believe a frame should be more specialized