Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee: Silent Chorus (Helmetless Tenno Fan Art)

Casardis

Lore

This Banshee's power may be considered below her peers, but not her sense duty. Even so, no matter how much training she underwent, she thought it wasn't enough to keep up with them.

Realizing this, she immediately began meditating for a long period. Gouging her eyes with her bare hands, she kneeled and underwent the whole ritual without flinching. The technocyte in her blood answered to her volition, and slowly healed her wounds.

In the end, her eyesight may be forever sealed, but a newfound power awakened for her sacrifice. Having become one with the acoustic energy, her focus is now unmatched. She finally considers herself worthy to stand with her Saryn and Trinity comrades, even though they've always accepted her as equals.

vVnLnGx.jpg

Third installment of my helmetless Tenno "series" comes my Banshee, which completes my three favorite Warframes.

Her crusts-for-eyes is inspired by a character in Demon's Soul called the Maiden in Black. Also, her Warframe skin is a mix between Default and Immortal.

For more information on the lore idea behind this, click the spoiler tag below:

The idea behind it is similar to Saryn: technocyte mutations. In my lore for Banshee, unlike Saryn-types Tenno who

, on rare occasions, go through a transformation (giving them their scales and glowing snake eyes), Banshee-types need to do it of their own will, to become truly bonded with the acoustics.

Accomplishing that requires Banshee to undergo long meditation before destroying her eyes. Then, even while bleeding from her sockets, she'll need to continue the meditation. If her volition stays unscathed, technocyte formations will heal and seal her eyes permanently at the end of the ritual.

Her ears also mutate further to improve her already acute hearing, giving the ability to discern all surrounding sounds and their sources even in the middle of chaos; Sonar expands its range.

Not all Banshee choose this path, since many are confident enough with their powers. Some are skeptical of the methods, and avoid it often out of fear. However, those who succeed will reach the peak of their focus.

Hope you guys enjoy the work!

IO6Ug6Y.gif

Edited by Casardis

Thank you people! Much appreciate the support.

I love the way you did the shading!   : D

It took so much time this round though XD Gotta love nonsensical lighting.

Brushie Awakens!

Faaaaaaaster! Must fight Trichoptilosis all day, every day~!

Edited by Casardis

AAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S DONE!!! IT'S REALLY DONE!!!

Oh, MAN that looks good. That looks absolutely stunning. I am stunned. I am absolutely unable to respond outside "WHOAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" and windmilling. I am so totally blown away, it's not even funny. It's like Banshee just came into my room and was like BOOOOM and I was like WHOAAAAAA and she was like 

"Dubstep. Turn on."

Wubwubwubwubwubwub

That's... just beautiful.  ;_; I love the background, how it looks like shattered glass. The lighting is so soft... The sheer amount of detail is just blinding (Haha).

XD Thanks!

Wubwubwubwubwubwub

*gives a chill pill to Calayne and some classical musics to listen*

That was the effect I was going for the background, without it looking like actual glass. It was semi-intentional though, since I didn't expect it at first: I took in-game images of me using Sonar and then edited them/added to them.

*Gulps*

Thanks. ;)  Haha, I'm surprised that it wasn't intentionally made to look like glass! But it certainly suits it, and looks very appealing to the eyes! I thought Sonar just coated everything in a wave-like, 3D mesh pattern, though? :O

By the way... You listen to classical music?! What's your favourite piece? :D

Yeah it applies the wave-like outlines around certain objects, and that's what I used. Editing the image with contrast and levels, and a few filters, this was the result. The white "cracks" that you see in this image are actually outlines of objects ;D

As for classical music, no I don't really listen much to that, but I do like them when I hear them. I'm mostly into (epic) orchestral songs. Do you listen to classicals?

Yeah it applies the wave-like outlines around certain objects, and that's what I used. Editing the image with contrast and levels, and a few filters, this was the result. The white "cracks" that you see in this image are actually outlines of objects ;D

As for classical music, no I don't really listen much to that, but I do like them when I hear them. I'm mostly into (epic) orchestral songs. Do you listen to classicals?

Ooooooooooooh really cool! I never noticed it before, but that's a pretty neat idea! :O  Awesome. ^^  I really like the energy squalls, too, just floating around there. You really made that look very natural!

Haha, and yeah, I do listen to classical. London Symphonic Orchestra and Beethoven, that kinda thing. Moonlight Sonata's got to be my all-time favourite, though. I first heard it when I was 4 or 5 years old, playing Earthworm Jim 2, in the "Newt" stage. From then on, it just grew on me, and I just couldn't stop listening to it every once in a while. I only knew it's name after I was 13-15, though. That was when I was searching through Beethoven's stuff and chanced upon the name. I totally fell in love with it. ^^

Erik Satie's got some pretty good stuff, too! Gymnopedie No.1, for example! And Camille St. Seans' March of the animals is absolutely exquisite! 

But I'm rambling right now. XD  Check those out if you like it!

Halo and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are some of my favourite game tracks, though! That, and Dark Souls! Mmmmmmmmmmm, those are so good. <3

nice work, but will you ever attempt a male frame? i really like the lore behind your drawings, but i guess it would be hard to find a physical manifestation of the technocyte on frames without an element like vauban.

Thanks~ Not all of them have an obvious physical manifestation of Technocyte mutations (my Trinity, for example, has glowing markings). With all the disco party that Vauban can create, I wouldn't be surprised if he has lots of glowing tattoos on his face XDD

As for your question, I've answered it several times actually, in other topics. The answer is yes.

The next male Tenno I have in mind are Loki and Rhino, but things may change if I have better inspiration for another one. Loki may be more likely to be picked first since the ideas my friend and I have for him are more developed than those for Rhino.

Edited by Casardis

Gratz on having Banshee featured on Prime Time. Made me happy seeing it being displayed on the stream.

Thankies~ I appreciate that Megan showed it!

Now if only Scott would pick her to buff soon... >.> <.<

It's a work of art. ^^  Totally deserves it!

Thanks man. I thought they'd show your DE_Sheldon as well, but then again, seeing the DE-people responses on your drawing itself... ;D

Edited by Casardis

Thankies~ I appreciate that Megan showed it!

Now if only Scott would pick her to buff soon... >.> <.<

Thanks man. I thought they'd show your DE_Sheldon as well, but then again, seeing the DE-people responses on your drawing itself... ;D

Haha! I never assumed they would, and in fact, I don't mind that they didn't. The real recipient of the art has already seen it, after all! I don't necessarily need to be on Prime Time, and in fact, Geoff's being shown was already a great honour. ^^  

But it is nice to see yours there! Yours is certainly a real work of art! Lovely colours, and background! I'm personally not too surprised.  ;)