Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Krysalis - The Insect Queen (Female Tank/wip)

TotallyRealistic

"Krysalis"
Derived from the term "Chrysalis".

* mark fields that are undecided.
Everything is variable to change.
-I need artwork-

KRYSALIS brings beautiful and unbridled destruction to the battlefield, almost as if dancing to a song made from the screams and deaths of her enemies, KRYSALIS relentlessly devours all in her path.

Insect inspired concept integrated with a design appearing similar to a mix between Saryn and Rhino design concepts. Particularly the areas like Saryn's face and chest, and Rhino's arms, legs and back. Perhaps even like the formation on the right side of Valkyr's face, especially for the METAMORPHOSIS ability listed below.
Basically a female tank, while sporting a general theme of Butterflies and other insects...just very deadly versions.

General Attributes:
Shields: 100(300)
Health: 150(450)
Armor: 300
Power: 100(150)
Stamina: 80
Sprint Speed: 1
Polarities:
2x Defense
Aura Polarity:
Defense

CONTENDING ABILITIES:

Power 1

1. Survival Instinct
Krysalis has the incredible ability to survive insane amounts of damage by mimicking the resilience of a roach, momentarily boosting her own armor strength immensely while sacrificing shield strength.
Bonus Trivia:
1. Shields do not regenerate while this ability is active, making it most effective in dire situations.
2. Power ignores only status effects while active.
3. Power Duration mods can have a considerably detrimental effect.

Power Cost - 25
Duration - 15 seconds
Armor boost - (+)100%/125%/150%/200%
Shield Loss - (-)50%/55%/65%/75%
Shield Regen - 0%

Mod Effects:
Power Duration increases the Duration that the ability is active
Power Efficiency reduces Power Cost
Power Range has no effect
Power Strength increases the percentage of armor boosted

2. Stinger Strike
Krysalis grows and fires a stinger-like projectile from her left hand at a targeted enemy, capable of impaling/damaging multiple enemies in a line.

Power Cost - 25
Cast Time - .5 seconds
Travel Speed - 25 meters / sec
Damage radius - .25 meters
Damage - (~)200/300/400/500 (Puncture)
Status - 25%(10% Toxin)

Mod Effects:
Power Duration has no effect
Power Range increases Damage Radius
Power Strength increases Damage dealt

Power 2

1. Sacrificial Pawns
Krystalis summons a small swarm of insects that surround her, mitigating incoming damage while sacrificing themselves to damage enemies that come too close. A true queen deserves loyal Pawns...
Bonus Trivia:
1. "Pawns" inflict a small damage-over-time effect to enemies.
2. Power Strength mods can be used for a more defensive play style, while Power Duration, Range, and Strength mods can be used for a more offensive play style.

Power Cost - 50
Cast Time - .75 seconds
Number of "Pawns" - 6/8/9/10
Incoming Damage Reduction(per "Pawn") - 3%
Attack Radius - 2.5 meters
Individual "Pawn" Damage - (~)100/150/200/250
[impact - 10/15/20/25]
[Puncture - 30/45/60/75]
[slash - 60/90/120/150]
Bonus Damage / sec - 5% (Corrosive)
Bonus Damage Duration - 5 seconds
Status / sec - 10%(20% Viral)

Mod Effects:
Power Duration increases Bonus Damage Duration
Power Range increases Attack Radius
Power Strength increases Damage, Bonus Damage / sec, and Damage Reduction

2. Smell Of Fear
Krysalis, having the innate ability to adapt and mimic the traits of various insects, can release a cloud of toxic gases that surrounds her and deters enemies.
Bonus Trivia:
1. Follows and surrounds Krysalis until ability ends.
2. Does not affect mechanical/robot enemies(Moas, Ospreys, etc).
3. Power is derived from 'Stink' Bugs' ability to spray a foul smelling substance that deters predators.
4. Approximately 9,001 times deadlier than 'Crop-dusting'.

Power Cost - 50
Cast Time - .75 seconds
Duration - 10/15/20/25 seconds
Effective Radius - 1/2/3/4 meters
Damage / sec - 2.5(3)/5/7.5(8)/10 (Gas)
Status / sec - 5%(25% Corrosive)
Enemy Accuracy - (-)25%

Mod Effects:
Power Duration increases the Duration that this power is active
Power Efficiency reduces the Power Cost
Power Range increases the Effective Range
Power Strength increases Damage / sec

Power 3

1. Metamorphosis
Much like a humble caterpillar, Krysalis forms a hard outer shell that covers her entire body. This "cocoon" protects against all incoming damage but restricts movement and reduces speed.
Bonus Trivia:
1. This ability grants immunity to crowd control and status effects, much like Rhino's Iron Skin ability.

Power Cost - 75
Cast Time - 1 second
Chrysalis(cocoon) Health - 1000/1500/2000/2500
Movement Speed - (-)25%
Sprint Speed - (-)25%
Stamina - (+)25%

Mod Effects:
Power Duration has no effect
Power Range has no effect
Power Strength increases the Chrysalis(cocoon) Health

Power 4(Ultimate)

1. Devouring Swarm
Krysalis unleashes a bloodcurdling and feral shriek; calling forth a large swarm of insects out of the woodwork to seek out, overwhelm, and devour all enemies in the vicinity. Their Queen is in danger...they come to her aid

Power Cost - 100
Cast Time - 1 second
Power Duration - 30 seconds
Swarm Size Radius - 10 meters
Swarm Damage / sec - (~)10/15/20/25
[Puncture - 4/6/8/10]
[slash - 6/9/12/15]
Status / sec - 10%(25% Viral)

Mod Effects:
Power Duration increases the Duration that this ability is active
Power Range increases the Swarm Size Radius
Power Strength increases the Swarm Damage / sec

Edited by TotallyRealistic

Id be willing to do art if you gave me some design pointers and inspiration/refrences

Fantastic! Thanks for your offer and I'll do my best to convey the design I intended...

References:

Rhino - for the styling of the arms, legs, and back. Krysalis is a tank, I want her to have thicker chitinous armor-like formations to, you know, show that she's protected. Don't make it too big though, she doesn't need to look fat(At least, not unless Metamorphosis is active, since she'd be covered in cocoon-like armor).

Saryn - for the chest and face. Krysalis would need more of a solid chitin plate design to really convey her claim as "Insect Queen", a similar design as in these areas would show some real resemblance to insects.

Valkyr - purely for the claws on her hands. Other than that, reference the Zanuka plate formation on the right side of her face if you want to do the Metamorphosis ability too.

Collectors from Mass Effect 2 - simply to tie the concepts together using a previously designed insectoid as a reference point. I would use the Collectors to design the organic fibers beneath the chitinous plates.

Other details:

By the references, I don't mean I want only the arms to be like Rhino's, I mean as an overall design stand point. If that makes sense?

Also, you know how ninjas and some of the Warframes have the toe-split? And then how some Warframes have high-heels? Mix and mash! Only instead of full-on high-heels, just semi.

Lastly, and most importantly; Krysalis is a queen, she needs a crown. I was thinking a crest-like formation(similar to Triceratops' shield crest), inspired mostly how jaw and crest/horn size displays power in the insect world(ex: Stag Beetles).

Is that enough or do you need more? I find it somewhat hard to explain, but I'll be glad to try and describe more.

Edited by TotallyRealistic

Spoiler tags are opened with (spoiler) and closed with (/spoiler), with the () being replaced by []. I'd recommend putting them on seperate lines of text above and below what you want to be enclosed within; they sometimes glitch out, otherwise, and it's easier to nest them that way.

A few quick thoughts:

-15 seconds is a little long for the armor ability, especially such a massive boost. I realize shields don't regenerate, but if they aren't actually taken away by this ability it is too useful as a supplement--activate it before you go into a sticky situation, and once your shields get broken you don't take too much damage. Either shorten the duration, making it more of a panic/escape skill... or make it completely strip your shields as a cost, too. Either way, 12 seconds is probably as long as it should go; that's even with Loki's invis, which is comparable in utility.

-Stinger as a projectile is probably better. We really don't need another slash dash/rhino charge/tail wind type ability.

Spoiler tags are opened with (spoiler) and closed with (/spoiler), with the () being replaced by []. I'd recommend putting them on seperate lines of text above and below what you want to be enclosed within; they sometimes glitch out, otherwise, and it's easier to nest them that way.

A few quick thoughts:

-15 seconds is a little long for the armor ability, especially such a massive boost. I realize shields don't regenerate, but if they aren't actually taken away by this ability it is too useful as a supplement--activate it before you go into a sticky situation, and once your shields get broken you don't take too much damage. Either shorten the duration, making it more of a panic/escape skill... or make it completely strip your shields as a cost, too. Either way, 12 seconds is probably as long as it should go; that's even with Loki's invis, which is comparable in utility.

-Stinger as a projectile is probably better. We really don't need another slash dash/rhino charge/tail wind type ability.

Thank you, and noted. I'll make the necessary edits.