Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept: Hyperion - Titan Of The Sun (Wip)

Sp4z

Hyperion, a celestial Warframe, utilizes the Radiance of the Stars to illuminate the path to victory. Once great generals of the Orokin Era, the Hyperion warframe was a highly sought after target. Only now, as the Tenno gather their strength has this beacon of a bygone era began to burn brightly once more. "The Dawn of Victory is upon you, Tenno."

Any artists willing to take on this Warframe, I'd be ever grateful and will provide any additional description information upon request.

Armor: 75
Health: 100 (300 at rank 30)
Shields: 75 (225 at rank 30)
Power: 150 (450 at rank 30)

Polarities: Standard x4 Power, x1 Tactic, x1 Attack, No Aura Polarity.

1st Ability
Neutrino - Limited intangibility as neutrinos pass through matter (enemies) unimpeded, causing damage to enemies and objects. Begins and ends in a short/mid range burst. (Akin to Lilith's Phasewalk, Borderlands) OR Simply an explosive teleport-to-target, the explosion ranging close to mid range.

Particle Form - Upon activation, for 6/8/10/12 seconds the Warframe becomes an energy cluster/outline of itself, bypassing damage from incoming attacks, and doing 20/25/30/35 Radiation damage to enemies it passes through/contacts. The onset and completion of this power is accompanied by a Radiation burst (1/2/3/4 meters, damage equal to previously listed values).

2nd Ability
Stellar Wind- A beam/cluster of gamma-ray photons that do damage in a straight path. Enemies killed explode. (A continuous laser)
Ray - Deals 300/450/550/700 Radioactive Damage in a direct line 10/12/16/20 meters long and 1/1.5/2.25/3.25 meters wide. (Power Strength and Range mods improve this power)

3rd Ability
Boson Field - Boosts "mass" of enemies in an area, greatly slowing their attacks and movement. The more enemies, the greater the effect. Increased "mass" causes npc "gravity" to cluster them together within certain proximity to each other.

Boson Field Area - Affects a maximum of 8/12/16/20 enemies within a 5/8/10/12 meter diameter for 8/10/12/15 seconds. Affects enemies that enter the field in addition to enemies already present. 15 Magnetic damage that causes enemies to slow 15/20/25/30% under the pressure of increased "mass".
Boson Field Impact- Enemies within 5/7/9/10 meters of one another are drawn together by their new "gravity", resulting in 15/20/30/35 Impact Damage per enemy, per 2 seconds. When effect ends, 15 Blast Damage, per enemy, erupts and rag-dolls them.

4th Ability
Collision - Creates a "neutron star" that draws enemies near (damage to close/mid-range) before exploding into multiple photon rays (like Stellar Wind) that damage enemies (up to long range, barring any physical barriers). Enemies killed by rays suffer LHC styled particle collision and explode (also like Stellar Wind). http://img.mit.edu/newsoffice/images/article_images/original/20120301145532-1.jpg

Neutron Star - 25/75/100/125 Radiation Damage per second (3/5/7/9 seconds based on ranks, power duration mod applicable), range 4m, Gravitational pull range 12m (Range mods can improve this).
Neutron Star Explosion(Collapse/Burst) - 50/75/100/150 Radiation Damage, range 14m.
Photon rays (like Stellar Wind) - released at 5/8/10/15 enemies within 4/7/12/20 meters. (Damage/Range) equal to current Stellar Wind

All ability costs are a standard 25 (first), 50 (second), 75 (third), and 100 (fourth); subject to cost reduction with power efficiency.

Alternate Helms
Sol Invictus: Increases Armor, reduces Speed. (Resembles Roman helmet) http://unforgivenvagabond.deviantart.com/art/Roman-parade-helmet-2nd-century-438676078
Luminary: Add power strength, reduces power duration. (Resembles Samurai Helmet) http://unforgivenvagabond.deviantart.com/art/Japanese-Samurai-Helmet-Hideyoshi-S-Helmet-438675847

Acquisition: Blue Prints are acquired through Orokin Lab, and require the Solar Rail Research to be completed. (OR as special reward for Alert missions that take place in Dark Sectors, what do you guys think?)

We were at war.

I was certain that the Orokin age had finally come to an end.  The Sentients' power seemed overwhelming, unfathomable, and a great many of our people were lost in the wake of their rise to power.  It seemed as though the greatest calamity to befall our people had come, and we would be powerless to stop it.

In our desperation... our folly, we advanced a new strain of the Technocyte Virus.  We made it stronger, deadly efficient and wild.  It was a juggernaut that did not discriminate between designations like "friend or foe."  It consumed everything that did not outright destroy it. We released it on the Sentients, and followed it into the void where our enemies hid.  You have heard of this... hell spaces, yes? How apropos.

The Sentients resisted, and it looked like the virus wouldn't last... hope was burning out to leave us in the dark of the void. Then something miraculous occurred.  Twisted and powerful, some of us returned from the void changed... the first, as you know, were the Excalibur.

Somehow we... found what our ancestors had once lost to us and the earl rise of our People.  We found our Tenacity and Honor! Our spirits rose, giving rise to our strength and determination.  We gave these new warriors, in honor of the fabled first, the name Tenno.

Sword and gun, muscle and metal, element and science... we now had the strength to combat our enemies, and the first of us to have suffered the burdens of war found glorious power of will to rise as beacons of hope.  We swore to stand out, as Blazing Stars in the dark void, and light the way to victorious conquest!  We became as Stars!

... and now, after centuries of slumber we awaken again under the defenses of our brethren, beset once more on all sides. Again...

... We are at war!

Edited by Sp4z

The abilities seem solid. I've only got a problem with the name. Hyperion is the name of one of the levels on Saturn, and might get confusing. Also when you mentioned Borderlands. Suddenly I couldn't get the Hyperion Loaders out of my head. Might want to think of another name. Just as a suggestion.

Otherwise great work, and best of luck.

The abilities seem solid. I've only got a problem with the name. Hyperion is the name of one of the levels on Saturn, and might get confusing. Also when you mentioned Borderlands. Suddenly I couldn't get the Hyperion Loaders out of my head. Might want to think of another name. Just as a suggestion.

Otherwise great work, and best of luck.

Oberon is also the name of a mission so I don't think it would really be a problem ^^ 

+1 to your concept Sp4z

so sorta like nova and vaubaun and excaliber put together? I like it. I'm imagining something like this http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/306/8/6/constellar_pleiades_by_alanmac95-d6srwej.jpg

Idk, I like the idea. Almost like a non prime warframe that has clear parallels to prime frames

Wow... that card is very inspiring and dauntless.  That is exactly the feel I'd go for while designing his suit.

Edits added to reflect rank advancement for basic stats, polarities, and alternate helmets.  Now I need to find an artist FAR better than myself.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Sp4z

A selfish bump to this thread, since I'm seeing a few new warframes with similar particle theory concepts coming out.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194451-siam-radiation-wave-particle-warframe/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193340-warframe-concept-hadron-energy-particle-manipulator-in-progress/

Looks like I've got more competition than I thought.

Edit/Clean up of original post.  Wish I had more to add than a selfish bump.

In talks with a great artist to have Hyperion rendered.  I was kicking around the idea of changing his name, but the iconography behind his name is just... too perfect.

The instant I saw its name was Hyperion, I wanted this. Love mythological names.

When I read its powers, I wanted it more.

Then I saw one of the helmets was called

Please let this be a thing. Please. All of my yes.

YAY! You're the first person to see ALL of the connections right away!

I named it Hyperion, after the Titan in Greek Mythology.  Father to Helios (the sun), Selene (the moon), and Eos (the Dawn).  He helped overthrow Chronos.

While there is little detailing him, I was reaching for the principle of his identity.  A great and powerful being that ushered in the greatest Celestials bodies directly related to the Earth.

Also, after a quick google search I find the first reference to the name Solaire is an NPC from the game Dark Souls.  I have never played this game, so I'd prefer not to make an empty gesture to associate my frame with something less Universal than Hyperion.

Even one my alternative helmets for my frame is named "Sol Invictus" translated as "The Unconquered Sun", the Roman name for the god of the sun.

Lastly, the second alternative helmet I named "Luminary", meaning a person who inspires or influences others.

Good guy Sp4z, bumping his thread with other frame threads.

Also, this sounds really cool, I hope DE peeks in here for the frame after next

I love that I'm a Good guy Sp4z and not a Scumbag Spaz, so thank you.

I'm glad you like the concept, I'm hoping they take a look in here.  There are so many good ideas on this forum though, so I mustn't get my hopes too high.  Still, it'd be really AWESOME to see my frame go into action.  Heck, if they wanted to give it a Gender swap because they already have their next Male-frame in production, I'd be alright with that.