Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concept "bohr - The Quantum Warframe"

Metsudo

Well, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to come up with some ideas for a Warframe concept. Settled on the idea of quantum theory as a base and worked from there. All skills are based on preexisting theories. Any way I'll begin...

Bohr - The Quantum Warframe

-EDIT 02-

Just drawn up a quick concept pic to go with this...

Bohr-01.jpg

The lights in the chest are supposed to be particles being drawn in to the warframe to be used in the particle accelerator which emerges from his back. Ideally these particles would be animated and the halo on his back would consist of two counter rotating rings. The accelerator would use force fields to hold the particles within it.

"Bohr, the constant, the uncertain. Master of the bonds that make up the very universe in which we exist; he is a powerful Tenno who can bend matter and energy to his will."

Bohr is named after Niels Bohr, a Danish physicist who laid foundations for the understanding of atomic structure and quantum theory. Suggested stats and skills are...

STATS

Shields - 120

Health - 75

Power - 150

Armor - 15

Sprint speed - 1.0

Stamina - 80

SKILLS

1) Particle Wave - Cost 25 energy

"Creates a beam of light that is quickly converted to energetic particles, damaging all enemies within the beam."

A linear attack skill, casting creates a light beam with a limited range directed at the crosshairs. After
a short delay the beam changes to a quick laser like blast which can shoot through multiple enemies
causing radiation damage.

Unranked range 10 meters/damage 100, max rank range 25 meters/damage 250.

2) Molecular Oscillation - Cost 50 energy

"Causes Bohr's atoms to vibrate in unity with the surrounding environment, slightly reducing physical damage and greatly reducing elemental damage."

A defence aura buff, once cast, if the player takes a form of elemental damage it adds a resistance to
that damage type until a new elemental damage type damages the player. The initial elemental hit still does
full damage to the player, but any additional elemental hits of the same type are reduced.

Unranked damage reduction = 2.5% physical/20% elemental, max rank = 10% physical/80% elemental. Duration increases with rank.

3) Quantum Entangle - Cost 75 energy

"Binds the particles of two enemies together in a quantum state, causing both enemies to take the same damage simultaneously."

Casting tags an enemy under the crosshairs. Once tagged, any damage done to another enemy by the caster will link
the two enemies, causing damage dealt to one also being dealt to the other. Linked damage is not effected by
armor or resistances (e.g. at maxed rank with a linked Bombard and Butcher, doing 1000 hp of damage to the
Butcher will also do 1000 hp of damage to the Bombard).

Linked damage starts unranked at 25% with 100% at max rank. Duration and link range increases with rank.

4) Matter Conversion - Cost 100 energy

"Rapidly converts the atoms in nearby enemies from matter to energy, causing increasing damage with explosive results."

An AoE skill. Effected enemies receive a fixed damage DoT that rapidly increases in damage per tick. On
death, target explodes with a moderate radiation based AoE blast, with its damage based on the total
damage dealt by the DoT (not effected by additional weapon damage). Effect lasts a faily long time (perhaps a minute). DoT Damage value adds to itself with each tick (e.g. 100, 200, 300).

Unranked starting DoT = 100, Max rank starting DoT = 250. Range increases with rank.

-EDIT-

A possible change for skill #4 is to change the explosive effect on enemy death to a damaging aura centred on the effected enemy that damages surrounding ones and ramps much in the same way as the original DoT, but at a lower % (so if the effected enemy DoT damage is 100, 25% of that damage is radiated from it to hit nearby enemies). Also, as the DoT increases, the light from the emitted energy makes the target glow progressively brighter. Radiated damage would have a fall off mechanic.

Well that's the basic concept, I'd do some concept pictures to go with this, but alas my tablet is broken and I need a new one (if I do get one I will probably add the pictures at some point). Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Metsudo

I like the concept a lot.

First and second skills are great, third could do with becoming a small aoe as it levels up I think? Just to make it useful against crowds.

The ultimate seems a bit too much like Molecular Prime I think, ending up being a chain reaction explosion. I know it's not identical but I think it could do with some more unique flair.

Great overall though :)

The #4 only does good damage if the target is left with the DoT, killing it quickly would result it much lower damage as the blast is only effected by the DoT damage. It's more geared to long fights as the damage ramps over time, where as molly prime is more about boosting the damage there and then.

However, I could change it so that effected targets have a damaging aura effect that damages nearby enemies (like a fire source but from radiating energies) which increases as the DoT does. I don't know if that would cause a run away damage chain reaction though.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I couldn't sleep, so I decided to come up with some ideas for a Warframe concept. Settled on the idea of quantum theory as a base and worked from there. All skills are based on preexisting theories. Any way I'll begin...

Bohr - The Quantum Warframe

-EDIT 02-

Just drawn up a quick concept pic to go with this...

Bohr-01.jpg

The lights in the chest are supposed to be particles being drawn in to the warframe to be used in the particle accelerator which emerges from his back. Ideally these particles would be animated and the halo on his back would consist of two counter rotating rings. The accelerator would use force fields to hold the particles within it.

"Bohr, the constant, the uncertain. Master of the bonds that make up the very universe in which we exist; he is a powerful Tenno who can bend matter and energy to his will."

Bohr is named after Niels Bohr, a Danish physicist who laid foundations for the understanding of atomic structure and quantum theory. Suggested stats and skills are...

STATS

Shields - 120

Health - 75

Power - 150

Armor - 15

Sprint speed - 1.0

Stamina - 80

SKILLS

1) Particle Wave - Cost 25 energy

"Creates a beam of light that is quickly converted to energetic particles, damaging all enemies within the beam."

A linear attack skill, casting creates a light beam with a limited range directed at the crosshairs. After

a short delay the beam changes to a quick laser like blast which can shoot through multiple enemies

causing radiation damage.

Unranked range 10 meters/damage 100, max rank range 25 meters/damage 250.

2) Molecular Oscillation - Cost 50 energy

"Causes Bohr's atoms to vibrate in unity with the surrounding environment, slightly reducing physical damage and greatly reducing elemental damage."

A defence aura buff, once cast, if the player takes a form of elemental damage it adds a resistance to

that damage type until a new elemental damage type damages the player. The initial elemental hit still does

full damage to the player, but any additional elemental hits of the same type are reduced.

Unranked damage reduction = 2.5% physical/20% elemental, max rank = 10% physical/80% elemental. Duration increases with rank.

3) Quantum Entangle - Cost 75 energy

"Binds the particles of two enemies together in a quantum state, causing both enemies to take the same damage simultaneously."

Casting tags an enemy under the crosshairs. Once tagged, any damage done to another enemy by the caster will link

the two enemies, causing damage dealt to one also being dealt to the other. Linked damage is not effected by

armor or resistances (e.g. at maxed rank with a linked Bombard and Butcher, doing 1000 hp of damage to the

Butcher will also do 1000 hp of damage to the Bombard).

Linked damage starts unranked at 25% with 100% at max rank. Duration and link range increases with rank.

4) Matter Conversion - Cost 100 energy

"Rapidly converts the atoms in nearby enemies from matter to energy, causing increasing damage with explosive results."

An AoE skill. Effected enemies receive a fixed damage DoT that rapidly increases in damage per tick. On

death, target explodes with a moderate radiation based AoE blast, with its damage based on the total

damage dealt by the DoT (not effected by additional weapon damage). Effect lasts a faily long time (perhaps a minute). DoT Damage value adds to itself with each tick (e.g. 100, 200, 300).

Unranked starting DoT = 100, Max rank starting DoT = 250. Range increases with rank.

-EDIT-

A possible change for skill #4 is to change the explosive effect on enemy death to a damaging aura centred on the effected enemy that damages surrounding ones and ramps much in the same way as the original DoT, but at a lower % (so if the effected enemy DoT damage is 100, 25% of that damage is radiated from it to hit nearby enemies). Also, as the DoT increases, the light from the emitted energy makes the target glow progressively brighter. Radiated damage would have a fall off mechanic.

Well that's the basic concept, I'd do some concept pictures to go with this, but alas my tablet is broken and I need a new one (if I do get one I will probably add the pictures at some point). Any feed back would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nice

• 3 months later...

I thought of the same thing involving quantum entanglement, but I had this crazy idea where the quantum Warframe was also a contortionist. Then you could entangle them with yourself and do some bone-snapping contortions that the enemy would not be at all comfortable with.

Nice idea but like others said please distinguish the ult from Nova's a bit more. I get that now DE is gonna start making gender-swapped, theme-alternate Warframes but they still need to be unique.

Edited by Novashank

For the ultimate, what if you change it to tagging a target and and after a certain amount of time, that target would explode with a considerably large radius. able to wipe an entire room clean. The AoE damage would be determined by the health of the enemy, sticking with the matter to energy theme and all. The player would have to decide which enemy would have the highest health to get the full use of the ability.

The downside would be that the enemy tagged would not drop anything once it's destroyed, so like you can tag, for example, an oxium osprey, a high hp enemy, but it wouldn't drop oxium. That way i guess it can't be abused to kill mini bosses like prosecutors easily.

Bohr hole thermal imaging rhubarb- wait, wrong series.

But yeah, this idea looks pretty neat, and I think I agree with ASM(poster before me)'s idea of how the fourth power could work, except maybe just make it that it has a cap on how much "damage" it deals and enemies only explode (with size proportional to health lost) if they were killed by the damage from the power.

• 5 months later...