Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Tenno: Update 8 Rise Of The Warlords Discussion

Toko

qi6czwS.jpg

Update 8 is now out!

This thread is for discussing the Update 8.

DE_Steve mentioned in a recent topic and livestream that Update 8 already has a title and the optional reset will likely happen around that time. So I have created this topic to discuss what you want or more likely think this update will include.

Very likely but you may want to wait until Update 8 Rise of the Warlords goes in. But that will be your call. One-time only though. :)

DERebecca mentioned recently that they expect Update 8 to a least be this week.

Heads are down, fingers are typing, synapses are sparking. We are on the final crunch for Update 8. We are putting our all in. Some are grumpy.... but determined! Expect it this week!

Update 8 is a day early.

UPDATE 8: Rise of the Warlords

ADDITIONS:
-GRINEER GALLEON (NEW LOCATION SET!)
-OROKIN VOID (NEW SECRET LOCATION SET!)
-DOJO BUILDING (ALPHA)
-DOJO RESEARCH (ALPHA)
-DUELING (ALPHA)
-POLARIZE WEAPON SYSTEM!
-HUD IMPROVEMENTS!
-WHAT IS STALKER?
-NEW WEAPONS & GEAR!
-BRAND NEW MODS!

Update 8: Rise of the Warlords:
- Optional reset (is already out).
- Clan focused.
- Clan and friend trading (is not ready yet).
- Clan against Clan (not PvP).
- Clan ranks.
- Clan benefits.
- Training Dojo.

- The ability to build and then duel in your own arena (1 vs 1).

- Dueling won't mean Warframes will be rebalanced. They are still PvE based.

- Decorate and build your own Dojo.

- Invite friends to look around and hangout in your Clan Dojo.
- Chat fixes.

- Vauban Warframe (is already out).

- New Orokin and faction levels.

- The ability to make Frost Prime.

- Frost Prime components.

- More weapons.

Go here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49101-update-8-rise-of-the-warlords/ to read all the Update notes.

Go here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/49052-update-8-dojo-quick-start-guide/ for a guide to using the Dojo.

I will update if more gets announced. In the meantime start the wild speculation. The list above is what I expect to be included in a update before or after the time Update 8 comes out.

Feel free to use this thread to talk about Update 8.

Updates (19/04/13):

- I have cleared up the list a bit.

Updates (23/05/13):

- I have cleaned the thread up.

- I have updated the thread a bit with some new information.

- I have added a new quote from DERebecca.

- I have added a picture of Update 8.

- I have added some the new additions in Update 8.

- I have added links to the official posts by DERebbeca.

Edited by Toko

this might mean that pvp will be introduced

cuz as we all know ( WARLORD ) is the rank of any clan leader

sooooo ... yeah ... clans shall fight

Oh yeah they did mention that clans will likely be dominant and trading. I will add that. I am hoping for something more than that. Maybe new weapons etc.

Rise of the Warlords, as in Clan Warlords ? They stated in the stream that this update will be clan focused, with the addition of trading, competition between clans (but don't start with the PvP S#&$storm, it was said in the stream and it's stickied in the forum that it may appear at some point but not before a loooooong time) and in-game UI revamp (that last part may come sooner than U8 though). As with each Warframe update, I can't wait !

Edited by ap0k41yp5

Haven't there been like, three of these threads already?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17972-full-overview-of-all-suggestions-and-wishes-for-new-updates-coming-update-8/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/18863-update-8-what-do-u-want/

EDIT: Okay, only two. But this is the THIRD ONE D:

Edited by Azure_Kyte

this is not a suggestion but info from the livestream chat.

clan system will add clan vs clan competition, not direct pvp but stats.

Steve did mention when pvp is added, it will be basic like duels. eg. Borderlands.

clans will have ranks. benefit for clans, will allow trading and have a training dojo.

i should note that pvp isn't any time soon. this is how it's going to be at first.

repost from my thread but i see a similar thread so go there.

this is not a suggestion but info from the livestream chat.

clan system will add clan vs clan competition, not direct pvp but stats.

Steve did mention when pvp is added, it will be basic like duels. eg. Borderlands.

clans will have ranks. benefit for clans, will allow trading and have a training dojo.

i should note that pvp isn't any time soon. this is how it's going to be at first.

repost from my thread but i see a similar thread so go there.

Cool thanks for that.

Wait! All the content we are getting is clan related?! That's boring and disappointing.

It's "focused on clans" not "clan only". BTW if you don't like the idea of being part of a clan with other tennos, you can still create a 1-person clan, it's free.

Rise of the Warlords, as in Clan Warlords ? They stated in the stream that this update will be clan focused, with the addition of trading, competition between clans (but don't start with the PvP S#&$storm, it was said in the stream and it's stickied in the forum that it may appear at some point but not before a loooooong time) and in-game UI revamp (that last part may come sooner than U8 though). As with each Warframe update, I can't wait !

UI update? Do want. Hopefully it's a little more balanced and centered.

It's "focused on clans" not "clan only". BTW if you don't like the idea of being part of a clan with other tennos, you can still create a 1-person clan, it's free.

I have nothing against being part of a clan, I'm just expecting more content, such as new warframes, new weapons, some improvements of the UI and the mod system, and I would really like some story elements.

I'd be happy with anything from the things I said.

Did anyone said its clan only-.- I dont think so

I realized it's not clan only, but the only things they seem to have announced are clan related stuff.

I have nothing against being part of a clan, I'm just expecting more content, such as new warframes, new weapons, some improvements of the UI and the mod system, and I would really like some story elements.

I'd be happy with anything from the things I said.

I realized it's not clan only, but the only things they seem to have announced are clan related stuff.

That might be true. But the devs said nothing about the paris or the fangs as well and we got them ^^

Yeah, not too stoked about clans. If anything, I would hope that they would fix Orokin catalyst and reactor so that they are not so hard to get. Although I am not sure but I think they're taking some steps in that direction. I swear I saw an alert that had like 8 hrs left, which is a lot longer then any alert I've ever seen, and it gave me an Orokin BP. So, if I'm right, that is a step in the right direction.

Also, stop making us farm warframe BPs. Just let us buy them. Speaking of which, I need to see if Jackal is finally dropping things again so I can get Rhino.

Keep in mind that since U6, there are arsenal updates every week / two weeks. It means that we don't have to wait for a milestone update for the content. Milestone updates are here to add or revamp mechanics to the game, the added content usually comes as a bonus (and a boner for some people). The UI revamp is in the works. The mod system will be improved (and maybe people will stop complaining about RNG & grinding when the trading system will be there). They will add passive stats increase per level. The rash sentinel system will also be improved. These are all things that will come soon enough. And in the mean time, we could as well get free content for the armory tomorrow, since it will be friday, and friday often means market update !

Yeah, not too stoked about clans. If anything, I would hope that they would fix Orokin catalyst and reactor so that they are not so hard to get. Although I am not sure but I think they're taking some steps in that direction. I swear I saw an alert that had like 8 hrs left, which is a lot longer then any alert I've ever seen, and it gave me an Orokin BP. So, if I'm right, that is a step in the right direction.

Also, stop making us farm warframe BPs. Just let us buy them. Speaking of which, I need to see if Jackal is finally dropping things again so I can get Rhino.

The orokin thing was simply a reward after the livestream. Nothing special. And to be true. Potatoes are not that hard to aquire. In the last 3 days i got 5!!!

And stop making farm warframe BP`S. So you want to take away one of the main reasons to play that game? Finding new stuff. great idea....-.-