Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Helios - Light/radiation Based Frame

ScorpDK

Visually speaking, "Helios" (name that may soon become unavailable, I am AWARE) resembles a somewhat Egyptian design, with pieces of armor resembling suns and/or lenses to focus the light.

Power-wise, my initial ideas are as followed:

1. Lance of Light

Casts a single beam of light from the frame's hand/head/helmet (depending on the design) that travels instantly in a straight line up to maximum range, punching through any and all enemies and thin objects in its path, dealing radiation and fire damage, both with a chance to cause status effects.

Ranking up the skill increases damage done and the size of the beam.

2. Sweeping Blades

Creates two blade-like beams that exit from the frame's palms. The frame holds  the arms out to the sides, then swipes the arms infront of themselves, until the right hand aims to the left of the frame and vice-versa. Enemies caught by the blades take fire/radiation damage and if they're killed, will die as if severed by a sword / Flux Rifle.

Ranking up the skill increases damage and length of the blades. 

3. Pillar of Light

Creates a beacon of light, empowering friendlies standing inside of it while blinding enemies that approach it. Friendlies (including sentinels, hostages, allied NPCs) standing in the pillar gain Radiation damage for all their weapons.
Ranking up the skill increases duration and size of the pillar, as well as the damage bonus given.

4. Rain of Fire (Needs better name)

Calls down a barrage of explosive "comets" in a wide area to turn enemies to ashes. 

Inside of the area, comets continuously fall, exploding on impact, for as long as the skill lasts.

Each comet deals a mix of explosive, fire and radiation damage in a moderately sized area, possibly doing extra damage on a direct hit.

Ranking up the skill increases the duration of the rain, the size of the area affected, as well as the damage and size of the comets.

As always, let me know what people's views on this concept are, if anything can be improved or refined...you know the deal :D

Edited by ScorpDK

Hmm. Balancing radiation w/ fire would help address some of the problems Oberon has with his radiation-only focused abilities.

Not crazy about that 2nd ability, myself, though. Doesn't seem to fit the theme of the others.

it's probably badly described, but it is based on the Orokin Defense laser traps, but two beams swooping together like a scissor, sort-of.

I'll try to come up with something else.

Very similar concept here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/189768-helios-solarlightbringer-frame/?hl=helios

(With some nice stats by Magitwister). Looks like a lot of want for light/sun themes :) Would be cool to see one in game someday

* I like your lance and pillar ideas!

- Pillar would be a unique mechanic & fun, but might need more tuning

- the laser/lance/beam is a must, of course! Having it fire for a short duration where you can arc it around might be neat too! I thought a higher power slot for more potency would be better as well.

Other name options: Sol, Lux, Solaris, Ra(?)