Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flesh Eating Infested Plants/tentacles - That Block Pathways

MetaMortred

My dear friend Prepoznator came up with a brilliant idea of tenno eating plants. Well, this can actually be the second greatest new enemy idea yet - after my new crystaline enemies of course :D

The plant enemies would be infested mutated from either plants or a merging of several enemies. They would look like the following image and the would shoot spikes at you, and when you get close the slam on the ground to keep you off their vatal points:

200px-Bestiary_Archespore_full.png

Brilliant right? XD

These plants can also grow in front of doors and pathways. You have to defeat them to progress to the next map block?

Edited by TheNexusCloud

My dear friend Prepoznator came up with a brilliant idea of tenno eating plants. Well, this can actually be the second greatest new enemy idea yet - after my new crystaline enemies of course :D

The plant enemies would be infested mutated from either plants or a merging of several enemies. They would look like the following image and the would shoot spikes at you, and when you get close the slam on the ground to keep you off their vatal points:

200px-Bestiary_Archespore_full.png

Brilliant right? XD

+1

One problem. We currently don't have an environment where it would make sense for those plants to grow.

An environment that fits this plant would certainly have to include your given...

Oh you know

[size=8]GIANT SPIDER[/size]

[size=2]*shivers*[/size]

One problem. We currently don't have an environment where it would make sense for those plants to grow.

An environment that fits this plant would certainly have to include your given...

Oh you know

[size=8]GIANT SPIDER[/size]

[size=2]*shivers*[/size]

but we do!! the infestation spots where those little blobs grow on the ground? it can manifest from those things. Or appear in the ice outposts in the open coming out from a mountain or something.

*Facepalm*

I just told someone less than 10mins ago not to encourage DE to make plants on a Jungle Biome area.... I now feel stupid seeing this lol

Not a bad idea or dissing it... I just feel real dumb not seeing this earlier.

I blame science... for timetravel.

Idk.

*Facepalm*

I just told someone less than 10mins ago not to encourage DE to make plants on a Jungle Biome area.... I now feel stupid seeing this lol

Not a bad idea or dissing it... I just feel real dumb not seeing this earlier.

I blame science... for timetravel.

Idk.

Thanks? :D but thank Prepoznator for joking suggesting this cool idea: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/18901-new-faction-crystaline-beings-new-weapons-and-items/page__st__20#entry172508

Hmm.. I think it has a lot of issues as a concept, however here are some ideas about how you could connect that concept with some other lore concepts and settings that I'd like to see in the game..

Maybe plants that became mutated and now feed on infested tissue in order to surive?

That way it could interwine remarkably great with the lore potential of tenno frames actually being part infested, or rather, infested tissue (See Golem quoting something like "We are your flesh, why do you defy us?!" and many other little quotes and details that could actually mean that the infested are not so evil and actually are the victims in here while Tenno or the Lotus organization is the 1 taking advantage of them and hunting them down for their own purposes)

Altho that concept of mine has another issue, that those enemies would have to be on a setting that doesn't include any other infested non-plant enemies..

Unless we say that all kinds of life forms can get infected by the "infested virus" which pretty much deforms them (up to a point of looking like golem which could be a highly deformed human) and they feed on dead infested tissue in order to survive, so yes, they're pretty much cannibals but if you think about it, they hurt nobody in this solar system other than their fellow (dead) infested (kind of acting like corpse janitors cleaning up this place, like hyenas and other animals) and that could be the reason that they hunt down Tenno despite being mindless animals like infected dogs etc (if the virus victim was a human, it could have forms of intelligence left, thus being able to convey thoughts like golem etc), it's because Tenno could possibly be using infested flesh/dead tissue as part of making their warframe suits. And of course, the lotus organization provides them with vaccines so as to not succumb to the "infested virus" which mindlessly spreads and proliferates contaminating whole areas without a purpose.

And that way you could also get more enemy diversity, I think you also made a thread about "flying infested" (infested bats/birds maybe?)

The greatest thing is probablly the fact that this kind of enemy (infested plants), goes well with the JUNGLE setting, which just HAS TO COME ASAP in planets like earth.

Edited by Decimator

Hmm.. I think it has a lot of issues as a concept, however here are some ideas about how you could connect that concept with some other lore concepts and settings that I'd like to see in the game..

Maybe plants that became mutated and now feed on infested tissue in order to surive?

That way it could interwine remarkably great with the lore potential of tenno frames actually being part infested, or rather, infested tissue (See Golem quoting something like "We are your flesh, why do you defy us?!" and many other little quotes and details that could actually mean that the infested are not so evil and actually are the victims in here while Tenno or the Lotus organization is the 1 taking advantage of them and hunting them down for their own purposes)

Altho that concept of mine has another issue, that those enemies would have to be on a setting that doesn't include any other infested non-plant enemies..

Unless we say that all kinds of life forms can get infected by the "infested virus" which pretty much deforms them (up to a point of looking like golem which could be a highly deformed human) and they feed on dead infested tissue in order to survive, so yes, they're pretty much cannibals but if you think about it, they hurt nobody in this solar system other than their fellow (dead) infested (kind of acting like corpse janitors cleaning up this place, like hyenas and other animals) and that could be the reason that they hunt down Tenno despite being mindless animals like infected dogs etc (if the virus victim was a human, it could have forms of intelligence left, thus being able to convey thoughts like golem etc), it's because Tenno could possibly be using infested flesh/dead tissue as part of making their warframe suits. And of course, the lotus organization provides them with vaccines so as to not succumb to the "infested virus" which mindlessly spreads and proliferates contaminating whole areas without a purpose.

And that way you could also get more enemy diversity, I think you also made a thread about "flying infested" (infested bats/birds maybe?)

The greatest thing is probablly the fact that this kind of enemy (infested plants), goes well with the JUNGLE setting, which just HAS TO COME ASAP in planets like earth.

I like it, the idea evolves, however it does not necessarily have to be plant, it can be melted corpses fusing together and mutating to be what we see there. Often than not in resident evil or dead space everything is rather a formation of a bunch of corpses, so this concept may also work as well. They can be obstacles that one can avoid or fight for xp chunck and high chance of mod? who knows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Block doors? So when you play solo you die? I don't like that bit. I play solo quite a bit and very often im running from a huge group of enemies and a single blocked door would be my death. 

What if it only appears in the co-op? just like the seeker in grineer. that would be better right?

Somewhat disliking the style of the image (which is from The Witcher) for Warframe. It's too viney, I feel the infested are more about thick and weighty. They look like ambulatory tumors, even the barnacle things look like they'd weigh a fair 3-5 pounds in the hand. Something like a massive meat-slug or a puffball mushroom made of pale flesh would fit more.

I think it would be cool if they hung from the ceiling and dropped down on you like in Half Life and the only way to get past them would be to shoot them or crouch walk. Also maybe they could pick you up and do damage over time. I think they could be placed in doorways similar to corpus force feilds.