Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flying Infested Enemies

MetaMortred

Again my friend Prepoznator made joke that we would face flying sharks . . . it gave me an idea! why not flying infested enemies? flying bat like creatures? I could not find a screen anywhere but . . . after some search i found these monsters in RE6, they are close enough i guess. if you have better pictures of a flying bat zombie thing, please share:

Oko.jpg

not cool when I only use melee to kill infested :/

Erm... how do you handel a load of chargers, leapers, and a ancient toxic all rushing you? That I'm curious about... I keep my distance and shoot.

Yet another good enemy idea ;)

This is the reason why I don't making joking ideas... too much craziness afterwards. Infested flying enemies.... mah lord that'll be the day.... if it happens, I'll blame everyone who went with it :L

This would be very cool indeed ...

Definetily +1

Yet another good enemy idea ;)

Thanks man, I appreciate teh support.

not cool when I only use melee to kill infested :/

Oh no its gonna be like another irritating flying corpus :(

but it doesnt have to be . . . it can be a boss, or . . . it can have melee attacks too so in order to attack you he must get close, you can finish them off with your sword then.

Erm... how do you handel a load of chargers, leapers, and a ancient toxic all rushing you? That I'm curious about... I keep my distance and shoot.

This is the reason why I don't making joking ideas... too much craziness afterwards. Infested flying enemies.... mah lord that'll be the day.... if it happens, I'll blame everyone who went with it :L

it can be a very good idea if implemented right. and if they are not very strong or have too much hp.

The thing is, all the warframes have and AOE attack that covers even the skies, speialy excalibur and mag. so they wont have problem. Also other frames wont have a probem dealing with this - like nyx who can make them their slave, or saryn and banshee that can kill them in waves. all except trinity, and trinity is actually going to get a big boost on update 8 or 9 so she will also be more awesome and can deal with this.

see? no problem :D

but it doesnt have to be . . . it can be a boss, or . . . it can have melee attacks too so in order to attack you he must get close, you can finish them off with your sword then.

A flying boss.... I'm thinking of a Osprey boss now... and I'm scared D:

it can be a very good idea if implemented right. and if they are not very strong or have too much hp.

The thing is, all the warframes have and AOE attack that covers even the skies, speialy excalibur and mag. so they wont have problem. Also other frames wont have a probem dealing with this - like nyx who can make them their slave, or saryn and banshee that can kill them in waves. all except trinity, and trinity is actually going to get a big boost on update 8 or 9 so she will also be more awesome and can deal with this.

see? no problem :D

Not all Frames has a 'Damaging' AoE, Loki included. His AoE is a Radial Disarm that can only 'Stagger' bosses for like a second... useful on normal ground bosses and small shooting flying things, not on things that latch onto you and just suck your health off :L

Like Trinity needs the buff lol... she's able to solo bosses well enough as it is. And her heals are just good enough too, just need to use it on high health enemies. Only mission to avoid for her soloing is Infected. She's good team fight there with their high health, but her Link is useless.

They can even use some of the jackal animations. Brilliant :D want! have you posted the thread yet? link me if so, if not then DO IT :D

Didnt made a thread about it ^^ Maybe you could include that into your ideas ;) Its all yours :D

+1 yes please

There could be mobs like that in maps where they have place to fly,we could also have a bigger flying infested/boss that when he attacks he can grab us and drop us from high losing a decent ammount of hp if we dont dodge him.

Edited by RedEye88

+1 yes please

There could be mobs like that in maps where they have place to fly,we could also have a bigger flying infested/boss that when he attacks he can grab us and drop us from high losing a decent ammount of hp if we dont dodge him.

Thats a great idea :3

Havent thought about something like that.

there are millions of possibilities for infested and how they could become bosses and new enemies :3

U just wont give up wont u Nex? :D Well i already hate those flying shield thingies why dont u add another kind lol, bat energy sucking creeps xD sounds just right xD

They should get the abillity to grab you and seperate you from your team to eat you :3

Great idea. I was getting tired of people complaining about rollers, this'll change their focus.

Rollers? You mean "BALLS OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM"

I dont even notice them. Im too fast for them xD

I think Infested need way more enemy types. I mean its a virus. It can mutate / transform / combine / infected bodies.

Example:

Take the new big corpus transport thingys you see in the outposts. What about the infection took control over it and it fused with some other infected creatures. The creatures could form arms on the now infected corpus being and tada. You have a flying infected creature with arms made of bodies. The creature could fly around you, grab you and throw you through the whole map.

It could actually transport other infected on its body and drop them. There are so many unused ways to implement exciting infected creatures =)

Edited by Venarge

U just wont give up wont u Nex? :D Well i already hate those flying shield thingies why dont u add another kind lol, bat energy sucking creeps xD sounds just right xD

Energy sucking . . . that cant actually work, how about they have chaneling ability? the stand still start sucking energy one at a time? and you gotta shoot them down before they drain you dry?

They should get the abillity to grab you and seperate you from your team to eat you :3

his can be a fun concept specially in defense, imagine they take you and drop you in the middle of a swarm . . . lol

Great idea. I was getting tired of people complaining about rollers, this'll change their focus.

yeah, this will bring smile to everyone''s faces :)