Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea/suggestion]Weapon Upgrade Tree/weapons 2.0

Waudozer

f1DSGTc.jpg

While this idea has been mentioned before in the past, this could hopefully clear up the current convoluted state weapons are currently in by putting them in clear tiers along with allowing players to stay with their favorites.(Why rely only on mod cards? this idea can make weapons scales even farther.)

For Example: Weapons that have more base damage will requires higher Mastery Rank for you to be able to craft. (changing it this way DE wouldn't have to change the whole table, just assigns weapons to their appropriate tiers)

Mastery locked weapons should have a meaning towards them, specializing in a niche while not completely overshadowing earlier unlocks that would serve well as all arounders

Example: Pure elemental weapons like Phage and Synapse should be on higher tier.

Upgrading weapons will depends and based on your Mastery Rank, and when you upgrade a weapon, it will reset the level(much like when you forma a weapon) but doesn't resets forma and potato cost.

Make it so not all weapon have the same branch, for example, elemental based weapons, I'd say branch off into [Proc Chance] or [Proc Duration and effectiveness] or [Critical Chance] or [Critical Damage] Branches AKA some weapon will be missing out on some upgrade branch and should have their own branch according to their needs for the sake of viability.

But weapons when they're on the same tier should be relatively on par with each other and the mods will scale them, considering damage 2.0, elemental shouldn't add the scaled damage, but applies the elemental effect on current damage instead.

-Extras: Rank locked planets, Viability, And Upgrade Materials/Parts/Blueprint addition.

More brainstorming and feedback would be appreciated!

Edited by saeriinubashiri
  • Like 2

Interesting Concept. I like the idea of the weapon locks due to there now being too many unlocks where a new player could just join, join a clan and have 90% of the weapons. It really ruins the feel to the game and ontop of that; we need something for the higher end players to look at or focus asides from Conclave and finishing your modding. We need another aspect for this game such as what is shown here before the game starts to lose its motion and come to a halt.

Edit : :

One issue with this though is that the weapons will become very over powered. We also would need a balancing aspect to this list for things such as conclave where a max rank is not just going around (Nono word) stomping everyone else without the others even being able to have a chance.

Edited by deadinflict

Edit : :

One issue with this though is that the weapons will become very over powered. We also would need a balancing aspect to this list for things such as conclave where a max rank is not just going around (Nono word) stomping everyone else without the others even being able to have a chance.

This will scales well with enemy level scaling, but yeah, DE would need to work on it's conclave.

The Downside is Power Creep. You're adding a TON of new content that doesn't necessarily add more game play, it's more farming for the best version of the weapon.

The second part is the system is convoluted. Having to many levels of weaponry makes the game far more complicated than it needs to be.

just force it into 3. Braton (T1) Braton Infected, Braton Vandal, Braton Wraith (T2) and Braton Prime(T3). 

Vandal increases impact damage, but decreases fire rate. (Corpus)

Wraith increases puncture damage, but decreases accuracy (Grineer)
Infected increases slash, but decreases clip size/reload time. (Infested)

Prime is over all more powerful.

(That's a little bumpy and weak, it'll need a lot more specification per weapon)

if i were a new player, no matter how well laid out, this would stump me. for this game to appeal to more action-oriented or casual players, simplicity is best. 

you clearly put a lot of thought into this, and i commend you for it. i just dont see how this benefits the game in a grand sense. it does add more meaning to mastery levels though, which DE said time and time again that is something they are working on. 

The Downside is Power Creep. You're adding a TON of new content that doesn't necessarily add more game play, it's more farming for the best version of the weapon.

The second part is the system is convoluted. Having to many levels of weaponry makes the game far more complicated than it needs to be.

just force it into 3. Braton (T1) Braton Infected, Braton Vandal, Braton Wraith (T2) and Braton Prime(T3). 

Vandal increases impact damage, but decreases fire rate. (Corpus)

Wraith increases puncture damage, but decreases accuracy (Grineer)

Infected increases slash, but decreases clip size/reload time. (Infested)

Prime is over all more powerful.

(That's a little bumpy and weak, it'll need a lot more specification per weapon)

I'm not sure if you read the whole thing.

Powercreep? this upgrade chart was supposed to close up the power gap for weapons so it's not blatantly huge and if you read about rank locked solar map, your level and dps will scale accordingly to enemies' level/health/armor scale, although that will be up to DE, and the upgrade branch I'd say otherwise, it would adds more gameplay in a sense of viability between branches but DE will needs to tweak damage 2.0 first, so the resistance from certain damage type will matters.

The second part: I'd say that would be based on personal opinion,  and the whole forcing into 3 just screams out "it's more farming for the best version of the weapon."

"weapons when they're on the same tier should be relatively on par with each other" what this means is the overall physical damage will be on par, the viability on what damage the weapon would use, though, would be completely depends on what branch that weapon is on, thus making the choice more viable.

if i were a new player, no matter how well laid out, this would stump me. for this game to appeal to more action-oriented or casual players, simplicity is best. 

you clearly put a lot of thought into this, and i commend you for it. i just dont see how this benefits the game in a grand sense. it does add more meaning to mastery levels though, which DE said time and time again that is something they are working on. 

I'd say again that that's falls into more of a opinion, though point taken, personally I just didn't see it that way, the way I see it is DE constantly working so the game would be more deep and complex, that's what kept me playing, but again that would be up to DE on what they want to do with their game.

Edited by saeriinubashiri

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Maybe there should be an option and the user could decide.

Do you want to play advance

Do you want to play basic

You can start with basic and move into advance but once that is done, there is no going back. It puts the power of choice in the hands of the user so if they don't like OP weapons then they stay with basic. As for PvP just fix it so that only certain weapons and mods are allowed and if you don't have them then you don't get to play that area - That will put an end to the OP debate for conclave battles, well maybe - then they would complain about not being able to use their best weapons - Conclave needs to set to basic no matter what then it just comes down to "Kill Skillz."

I think this is a very good topic. I want a tree for Christmas but not the green ones. LOL!

Edited by onespirit5777