Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat Detected?

LegendXCarisso

So... I can't even play Warframe online anymore. Ever since this NAT thing was implemented, everything has gone to hell. I've tried port forwarding, but even this does not allow me online. I'm not really sure what info to give at this point unless someone asks. For one, it's a Linksys router; a WRT120N model at that. Any ideas? Better yet... any way to one-click disable Strict NAT?

NAT is not something new, proper NAT routing has always been required, we are just making it known to players that have the problem so they can try and get it fixed and get playing.

See if there is a firmware update for that router as it seems to be known for it's flaky NAT.

NAT is not something new, proper NAT routing has always been required, we are just making it known to players that have the problem so they can try and get it fixed and get playing.

See if there is a firmware update for that router as it seems to be known for it's flaky NAT.

If that's the case, why is it before Update 6, everything worked with NO connection issues? Used to be able to jump in and play proper. Now I can't. I got it working once somehow, but after a few missions, my game crashed, and upon relogging, back to square one. Message shows back up. x.x

Its UpnP, and I too tried everything, disabled firewall, disabled antivirus(Avast), put the router (TP-Link TL-WR340GD) to accept the ports via forwarding (3960, 3962, 4951, 4950), UpnP enabled both in the router and in game, Windows defender disabled... cant remember if I did any other change besides those. Windows 7.

If somone have any clue to what I should do now, please say.

Yeah... I have this problem too.

"Strict NAT detected. uPnP malfunctioning. Please port forward ... ..."

I really want to get this done right already. Tried everything aswell(ports forwarded, firewalls down, latest firmware, etc.) but still nothing.

I tried my other ports(Minecraft and Tunngle) and they work perfectly fine.

My router is a Linksys WRT110 by the way.

Edited by michaelgt

Same Problem here.

Since I can't activate UPnP on my router, I've tried forwarding the Portrange from 3960 to 3962 via the router and the Windows-Firewall. I've tried without Firewall, nothing seems to work. I have to mention, that it seems to be possible to play "public" with random strangers, but I'm not able to start or join a Game with people from my Friendlist. I'm confused...

I've got exactly the same issue.

I've opened the ports 3960 and 3961 and activated UPnP and it has been working until todays update.

Now i can't connect to other players and i don't see any of my friends online.

Btw i'm using Easy-Box 802.

Edited by Grexus

Okay, so if my UPnP for some reason doesn't work with this particular game, then the game should still let me do manual port forwarding right? Cause when i do that, I still get the same error, and the same effect.

BTW, tried all advice in the help, in this thread as well, nothing works. Never had any issues with any other games/progs, never an issue with this game before the mini update two days ago.

Any solid advice other than "buy a new router?"

Okay, so if my UPnP for some reason doesn't work with this particular game, then the game should still let me do manual port forwarding right? Cause when i do that, I still get the same error, and the same effect.

BTW, tried all advice in the help, in this thread as well, nothing works. Never had any issues with any other games/progs, never an issue with this game before the mini update two days ago.

Any solid advice other than "buy a new router?"

Im in the same boat as you...

Post this on another page, but since most people come here first, will post it here too.

Guys, tried this and worked for me.

Open the ports via forwarding as they say, then DISABLE de UPnP on your pc, but left the UPnP on the game ENABLED.Disable your firewall then reboot your pc. When entering the game dont try the analyze network, it may still say that there is some problem. Just try to log in some internet session or a friend.

I now can join everyone and they are seeing me online as well.

There is already a posting about this https://forums.warfr...981-strict-nat/ as well as about 3 other posts in the Matchmaking Bugs forum.

I already tried that solution sir. Never really worked.

Post this on another page, but since most people come here first, will post it here too.

Guys, tried this and worked for me.

Open the ports via forwarding as they say, then DISABLE de UPnP on your pc, but left the UPnP on the game ENABLED.Disable your firewall then reboot your pc. When entering the game dont try the analyze network, it may still say that there is some problem. Just try to log in some internet session or a friend.

I now can join everyone and they are seeing me online as well.

Tried that. What happens is that my friend sees me online. Then when I try to join his lobby, the connection fails, then he sees me go offline even though I'm not. When I try again, its says my friend is currently not in a game session even if I clearly see him in-lobby or in-game. He even tells me that he's in-game.

Also, I still get the Strict NAT detected error.

Edited by michaelgt

I still get the error message, and there are few friends that see me offline, but there are some friends that i can join without problem, so we all join to that specific friend that everyone can see online.

Not the best solution (when he dont play, i cant play with any other friend), but it is something...

• 3 months later...

I find it rather ironic that DE tries to blame Strict NAT issues on its playerbase when I can't think of a single currently played game that has the same or similar issue.  Looks to me like DE is the problem.

I find it rather ironic that DE tries to blame Strict NAT issues on its playerbase when I can't think of a single currently played game that has the same or similar issue.  Looks to me like DE is the problem.

all console games, cod/Modernwarfare after a quick google.  That list goes on and on and back to 2006 at least, so yes the problem is hardware.

ISP's that give you routers as part of you connections contract, do it on the Cheap.  They will more than likely all have the same chipset and version of firmware tweaked to their brand.  It is a major problem as ISP's now a days do give out free routers if you sign up for 12 months or more.

So if you have a ISP issued router, it is the router or you bought a cheap one and its not working as advertised.

That was months ago, when Open Beta first took off. There were a lot of problems, but the majority of players were also going about it the wrong way. Using tutorials from sites that weren't even up to date on the right router or firmware for example

I remember one player claiming he had done everything right, but didn't know what bridge mode was for his modem.....

True that. For me, no other game have such sort of problem. If they don't have a good network programmer why don't they use Steam Servers Matchmaking System? I'm pretty sure they are allowed to use it, since game is on steam already.

Edited by SonicSonedit