Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Faction] Meznites: An Uprising Is Near! (One Year Anniversary!)

Drunken_Child

redone_1_by_gaber111-d7jyxch.jpg

Many thanks to Arch111 for this piece

This is a faction of rogue Tenno that are a little really frickn' insane, The Meznites. This would be viable for more end game players providing a harder enemy who can do more that shoot melee and knock down. But these enemies would not be as powerful as Tenno for after their departure, their frames and abilities have since deteriorated. The leader of this crazy cult is Ixion. The Meznites reside in a Tenno horror house, think a scary decrepit dojo. This is for players who want more of a challenge like fighting against an actual frame but would never dare kill a fellow Tenno. Any unit with a * next to it has art.

~Enemies~
I think Paradox put the general look of the faction pretty well pretty well.

Generally, they should look like Warframes, but be decrepit, having shreds and punctures in their armor that give off an energy channel-like glow, and possibly even missing chunks of armor, like an arm-plate or shoulder pad. Bonus points if they wear shawls, cloaks, scarves, etc.made out of tattered rags, like some kind of bandits/nomads.

But I also wanted them to be some what cult like. So maybe self inflicted scars in ritualist patterned, brands on their armor.
If you feel you can improve upon the look of a unit feel free to draw something up your self.

Right now all of my information on my enemies are just curt overviews, if you want more info or stats you can find that here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JCZ0PN7uGtV_fFrOWRCJiTFmB1Pkl-Yy-yTCQ9nDOVc/edit?usp=sharing

~Melee~

Zealot* Art Added

IMG_0686_zps43851e7e.jpg
Art by KazKyu

Overview: To sum of the Zealot in short, he is a loyalist to their cause and is willing to die for it, a suicide bomber. They Zealot will charge into battle, stop next to you and yell one last "Ixion our eternal leader!" or "Death to the Tenno!" etc before detonating the bomb infused in his armor dealing massive radial damage. Explosions could have the possibility of being elemental?

Skiver *Art Added

IMG_0696_zpsc8bf16ba.jpg
Art by KazKyu

Overview: The Skiver is a melee enemy, but what separates him from other melee enemies is his slash dash ability and a venom ability to aid him in battle. His weapon of choice is the Dual Zoren.

Gasser* Art Added 5/23

Gas_Mask_Nomad_by_Conceptpad.jpg
Art by Conceptpad from Deviant Art

c52eedb1c58e51394c63a16781385f1a.jpg
Original art by Kome

Overview: This melee enemy is surrounded in a miasma (literal miasma not Sayrn ability). He is the Meznites less tanky version of Toxic Ancient. The Gasser has a Corrosive Prova.

Beast

Overview: The Beast is a slow sluggish, heavily armored melee enemy. I am still trying to decide if he should weild the Fragor, Scindo or Galantine. His ability is Warrior's Will, when cast it will give him a armor buff and small health increase while increasing attack speed and damage. All enemies in a 10m radius will also gain this buff.

Berzerker* Art Added 5/23

hUJklsT.png
This concept art for Oblivion really captures the scavenger feel.

Overview: The Berzerker is a fast moving heavily armored melee enemy accompanied by high shields though she has low base health. Being a quick agile enemy he wields the fang.

Guardsman New Enemy 6/2

Overview: The Guardsman is a mid armored melee that uses the Cronus. The Guardsman is tasked with guarding the entrances to bases. But they can also be found in goups of 4-5 gaurding/protecting VIPs, Reactors and general objectives.

Dragon:

Overview: Probably not what you were thinking,  but this is a enemy Martial Artist. Light armored and agile, the Dragon will punish you will hard fast blows. Still trying to decide if the Obex or Kogate should be used.

~Close Range~

Vanguard* Art Added

IMG_0701_zpsbf1265d8.jpg
Art by KaZKyu

Overview: The vanguard is a shotgun enemy that leads the charge. When he finishes his push he will drop an electric shield to protect him and his allies. Being a forward assault shotgun enemy he uses the Boar.

Tank

Overview: The Tank is as you would expect, a slow moving heavily armored enemy. But he is equipped with the Soma (see how it feels to be on the other end).

Fumigator Revisions

Overview: The Fumigator uses a Gas Ingis. His ability is Seismic Shockwave (same as used by the Heavy Gunners). We need a rooster frame so the Lotus can say "They came to snuff the rooster"

Houndsmen 

Overview: This a a mid armored enemy that wield the new Pyrana shotgun. But what makes him unique is the facts he has two vicious dogs that a wait his orders. I was originally thinking they could be infest or like the Metro watchers but with the recent addition of Kubrows, that may also be another possible option. When spotted, the Houndsman will give a attack command and begin firing. The dogs will charge the Tenno and do a jump tackle when they get with in 3m, using  the dodge is suggested.These dogs also work as a great way to stun/stagger the Tenno.

~Mid Range~

Minion* Art Added

IMG_0685_zpsd1808890.jpg
Art by KazKyu

Overview: The Minion is the basic infantry unit of the Meznites. The Minion wields the Braton. He also has a sonic grenade which when he throws it it emits a high pitch frequency causing the Tenno to stop and grab their head in pain.

Gunslinger

Overview: The Gunslinger is a cowboy themed enemy who is quick, agile, and knows the value of cover. Being western themed he uses the Dual Vasto. He harnesses a ability like no other, speed shooter. Speed shooter will resemble this,

(may not need to be this extreme though and only one clip). To do this he will holster weapon to fire the other. When finished he will reload, draw the other Vasto and continue fighting.

Deceiver

Overview: Similar to a minion with higher health and mobility. But her defining characteristic is her ability to deceive the Tenno through her abilities. Her abilities are Radial blind followed by Clone. Clone is a more realistic adaptation of(old) Hek’s Decoy. The Decoys spawned by Clone will attack [and harm] and act the same way the illusionist would, but the clone is weaker. This makes it so the Tenno no longer can discern between the Illusionist and his identical Clones. The player may either pick off the clones or if they kill the Illusionist all clones will drop dead (also spawning loot).

Tinkerer

Overview: The Tinkerer wields the AkStiletto. This enemy is the Meznites version Vauban. She has a series of traps at her disposal to use as crowd control against the Tenno. Her first ability is Trip Wire, when the Tinkerer uses Trip Wire she will throw down a grenade like device that unfolds into a tripwire. Tripwire will trip and temporarily ensnare Tenno caught within. Her other ability is Smoke Grenade, when the Tinkerer uses this she drops a smoke grenade at her feet encasing everything within a 15m radius in a thick cloud of smoke for 30s so that the Tenno can no longer can see anything inside of the smoke or past it. Enemies inside the or on the other side of the smoke can still attack. If the Tenno dares enter the haze their vision will blur and disorient them.

Asphyxiator* Art Added 5/23

9x2iH68.png
Scav costume from Oblivion.

Overview: The Asphyxiator is a heavy unit who can dominate the battlefield through his use of crowd control with his unique weapon. His the offspring of the Penta and the Torid. Think of what the riot police tear gas launcher. This allows him to block off large swaths of the battle field from the Tenno. He also has an ability to give a tox buff to all of his allies in a 10m radius while giving any Tenno a tox proc.

Grunt (Elite Minion)

Overview: The Grunt is a direct upgrade from the Minion. Though he has the automatic boltor he will typically only fire in large bursts so. The Grunts signature ability is Energy Steal. Energy Steal similar to Trinity’s Energy Vampire. When a Grunt performs Energy Steal he will steal some energy per bullet and that makes his allies more likely to cast their ability. His other ability is air burst. After cast all bullets he shoots will explode, I'm still deciding if I want this to be a team buff.

Thrum*

Sonic%20Shock%20Cannon.jpg

HJShKfG.png

z7qqgnr.png

I made a couple of basic models for some concept art I found online.

Overview: Thrum is a mid ranged lightly armored unit. But this is not what Make Thrum unique, what make him unique is his weapon. I don't have a name for it yet but, the simplest way of is an impact rifle version of the Drakgoon. Its a Bass Cannon. It will be shooting sound projectiles you can see, It will have the fire rate of the MK1 Braton but like the Drakgoon the projectiles will reflect bouncing off walls, unlike the Drakgoon  it has no damage fall off. Also, even though its a machine gun, you can also charge the weapon using left mouse button for a large sound wave doing massive damage.

Acrobat

Overview: The Acrobat, is a light armored and extremely agile enemy that uses the Dual Lex. The Acrobat is rarely found taking cover, it is almost always strafe shooting, if not that the Acrobat is moving. If the Acrobat is moving he is either running or free running (diving jumping, rolling, doing flips, wall running ...). Just some Trivia but the idea came to me while watching a John Woo movie.

~Long Range~

Marksman* Art Added 5/23

oblivionconceptart1262012.jpeg
More Oblivion concept art. But the masks need to be reworked.

Overview: The Marksman is equipped with a Vectis. Unlike sniper enemies from other factions, he is very conscious of his personal space bubble and this makes him uncomfortable with being close to the enemy. If you get with in 20m of him he will retreat to cover farther away. He also has the ability to go invisible for a shot period of time, he can do this to shoot Tenno from an unknown location or use it and make a quick retreat.

Hunter* Art Added

sOGAodN.jpg
I found this online and its the closest repersentation of what im thinking, but maybe a bit more run down and decript. Also maybe her cloths can be a bit more tattered.

Overview: The Hunter is a sniper enemy. Unlike other snipers though, she is equipped with the Cernos. This means she deals high impact damage. To further increase her damage output she can use her ability Thunder bolt which causes all arrows she shoots in the next 20s to explode.

~Varies~

Pointman

Overview: The Pointman uses the Drakgoon. An enemy using a weapon with unique mechanics will have equally as unique mechanics him self. Since the Drakgoon can be an accurate sniper or a shotgun, the Pointman is either an accurate sniper or a shot gunner. If you are far enough away he will chop you down, but get within a close range he will no longer use the charge mechanic and blow you to pieces with his flack cannon.

Sunderer

Overview: The Sunderer can function as both a ranged and melee enemy. She does this through her use of the Glaive. Unlike the Tenno, she has multiple Glaives at her disposal. This means she can unleash multiple volleys. She is similar to the point man in the sense she will be ranged until you get close enough then she will charge you.

~Utility/Environment~

Drone (variants coming)

Overview: The drones are much like the Tenno sentinels but they are different in the sense that they don't follow one singular master while in battle. The drones ability is Drone Strike. Drone Strike is a high explosive, high damage, directional (aimed at Tenno) shot. The blast will also produce reflecting shrapnel and a 3m blast radius. It can also damage other Meznites but collateral damage is acceptable.

Pulse Trap New Enemy

Overview: The pulse trap is a proximity mine. If you get with in 10m of it it will detonate releasing a deafening sonic pulse causing the Tenno within a 25m radius to stop and grab their head in pain for a 10 seconds. This will also also disable all Tenno abilities for the next 45 seconds.

Torn Wires

Overview: Torn wires dangling from the ceiling. If you get too close they will zap you like Grineer electric mine.

~Eximus~

Cloaking Eximus

Overview: This exiums is innately invisible like Loki, but not only is he invisible but he also makes all of his allies within get a Halo like active camo where they become slightly visible while moving. I'm thinking maybe this comes at the cost of a slight team debuff to his allies  so it's not to OP, what do you guys think.

Hallucinogenic Exiums

Overview: This exmuis bring mechanics to the game like no other. To be honest in its current state, the eximus abilities are not concrete. I wanted your help to decide what it should be. I have a few ideas, once you enter the AOE the amount of enemies you see triples, how about all enemies you see are turned to allies and friendly fire is turned on, or maybe all enemies now look like the eximus? So which is your favorite, should they be blended to achieve maximum chaos, do you have any other ideas? But of course these abilities would be that once you enter the AOE you will be stuck with the ability for a minuet or so unless you kill the actual eximus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Bosses~

Ixion Revisions

Overview Revisions

Being the leader of the Meznites, Ixion is insane by nature. Ixion was a cleaver psychopath that feels no resent or mercy, he ever take pleasure in the misfortune and harm of others. Not only does he find pleasure in hurting others, but also takes pride in his ability to inflict pain. But his pleasure does not only pertain to physical pain but also psychological torture. Through years of psychologically tormenting his captives, he has learned what makes a person tick. Because of this he likes to torment, taunt and torture his prey if possible before before killing them. If someone knows, they will die by his and he will start up a care free conversation with them (these conversation are often one sided).

Though he is a sadist, he still knows how to fake charm to win over the hearts of his followers. This trait is very useful to him because once an idea is in his head he will not likely deter from it, this stems from his obsessive and compulsive tendencies. But if he does not get what he desires this could result in a rage filled outburst.

These outbursts are not uncommon, Ixion is known to be very unstable and unpredictable. At times he can seem carefree even humorous, but he could instantly unleash his raging anger at any moment. He can make quick transitions between philosophical comments and crazy ramblings.

Lore

Ixion was once a great tenno operative. But the prodigy has since been lost to us. As time when on Ixion gained a thirst for power. To find power he ventured to the void. Spending many days and nights researching. Though he did not find his power he returned a changed man. He was irritable now relished his killings often mutilating the bodies of his enemies. Over time his condition got worse.

One day during a duel, Ixion struck down a fellow Tenno. This act sealed his path down the road of insanity. This being the first act of Tenno homicide (under a governing body [meaning excluding Hayden Tenno]), the High Tenno council knew they must act. All of their attempts to salvage what was left of Ixion failed. When all hope was, he made a miraculous recovery, he was returned to his former self. He began a powerful clan and amassed a empire of minions.
In retrospect, we now know his recovery was a facade. Now he has left out order, he has turned his enormous clan into a cult following and formed the Meznites.

Drops!

I have decided that Ixion will drop the components to Enigma. Enigma is a frame concept by FinnishHim. Enigma specializes in hacking, she can take control over a system and turn it on its self. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/202355-enigma-the-hacker-warframe/ 

Rose* Revisions and Symbol Art

29geruc.jpg
Rose's signature symbol courtesy of ParadoxBomb

Rose is a cautious and deadly second hand woman to Ixion. Rose is essentially the anti lotus. But the most interesting part about her is she is not insane. She joined the Meznites because her views were viewed as "too extreme". She believed that the Tenno should conquer all they see and take no prisoners. Fellow Tenno were even intimidated by her.

Rose preferred weapon is Boltor (bolts like thorns get it?). But when fighting her beware not to get to close or suffer the wrath of her Jaw sword (most prickly melee). But she is not only bound to her weapons. If you venture to close she will AOE slam the ground slam the ground causing thorns laced with poison to emerge staggering and pierce the armor of the Tenno while doing significant damage. The animation I imagine for this would be a, Rose winds up but when she hits the ground you can see vines come down her arm and into the ground.

Apophis

Like all Meznites (with exception of Rose) Apophis is insane. But not only is Apophis insane, he is also a narcissist. But he goes farther than being a simple narcissist, he suffers from grandiosity. Being a sadist he dehumanizes every one (with the exception of other Meznite bosses), his dominating personality also helps this. He would be classified as having a god complex if not for his cult like reverence for Ixion.

He is also a sadist tendencies. This leads to his tendency to torture prisoners and continue to mutilate their body after he kills them. With a short temper who is always willing to raise hostility levels.
It is these traits that lead to actions in which he is known for. One time when he heard a grunt whisper a sarcastic joke mocking him, he immediately drew his blade and killed the grunt on the spot. He continued to mutilate his body before for a few more seconds before returning his sword to his sheath and calmly walking away and acting as if nothing had happened.

Vrolik New Boss

Many memorable and amusing characters helped inspire this boss. Characters such as Jordie (Watchdogs), Deadpool, The Joker, Handsome Jack, The Mad Hatter, Glad0s, Tiny Tina. You may see an underling theme here, I and want to blend the hilarity of these characters with the brutality of the Meznites. These is still much more work that needs to be done to this concept seeing as he is only a personality right now. But I have come up with a few example taunts to back his personality.

Oh you're here to kill me?  I already tried a few times a while back, I clearly cant be killed.

Oh just hurry up and get here already, I'm getting bored.

For the battle cenimatic "Why don't we level the playing field," *slowly walks forward while lazily shooting his body guards in the head* "is that better?" 

Clearly he has a long way to go but I hope to soon finally flesh him out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Tileset~

This is a chance to incorporate more a tenno like architecture, think dojo. But these people are insane, so it can be based off a decrepit rundown, dilapidated dojo, dojo horror house.It should be dark, dingy, torn ragged cloths hanging from the wall, water dripping from the ceiling, maybe flickering lights and torn sparking wires (see under enemies).

~~~~~~~~~

~Random Art~

So I don't really know what I'm doing here but her it goes. This terrible sketch was an original concept I came up with. But the issue is I don't really know what I want them to look like. I know they will be armored and look like warframes, but I wanted them to also be like scary, ritualistic, cult like scavengers. I am not really sure what enemy this would be but I thought I might as well put it out there. I am also in the works with a friend seeing if he could possibly supply (good) art for the thread.
WMApH6F.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Event~

I have an event to introduce the faction but decided not to include it in the post (it's already long enough) But if you want to read it you can go here. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x0jt5XNj7Bf4ZTnGSQrM6kL8fCNQzhvvaFJ2L2BWuDg/edit?usp=sharing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-TL;DR-

-Former Tenno/Gone rouge

-Cult

-Mentally Insane

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First I would like to thank you for bearing with me through this lengthy post, I really appreciate it. If i could ask just one more thing of you it would be to please leave your thoughts and input below. Now I know that some of you out there reading this are post shy but please leave feedback. I know that maybe you have only posted a couple times but it is your feedback that helps me continue to improve this thread. Again thank you.

Edited by Drunken_Child

Correct your grammar please. And nice ideas. You could add unusual things like a bad relationship beetwen this group and the Stalker (they REALLY don't get along) or something like :

Any time they show up to kill you the node faction (grineer or Corpus) deploys elite reinforcements to kill them. You, player, will become a target too (two rabbits with one blow), etc

Another interesting twist can be the option to join them...This could be an addition to the proxy war endgame content

Edited by renleech

Any time they show up to kill you the node faction (grineer or Corpus) deploys elite reinforcements to kill them. You, player, will become a target too (two rabbits with one blow), etc

Another interesting twist can be the option to join them...This could be an addition to the proxy war endgame content

Hmm, a good idea I'll see what I can do with it. Another adaptation for a random occurrence could be a squad of them go on a murder spree. You start a mission and find corpses of the dead crew and must hunt down and kill the small squad of other tenno. As for joining them I don't think would happen, it just seem out there.

Update: Lore added though as curt as it is. But don't worry, more will be coming. Also, I did my research before and tried to make it as close to the real lore as possible. I would really appreciate your input on this. Also, I have thought of a name for this faction the Meznites, I will admit it sounds odd but this too ties in with the lore. Hayden Tenno was the first tenno and Mezner was his nemesis. In "Current" times, their Nemesis is still root in Mezner. Input on the name would also be appreciated greatly so feel free to your thoughts below.

Update: Hopefully stats will be coming soon. Stats are coming soon though I'm basically done with them, but I want to add a bit of suspense.

Edited by Drunken_Child

• 2 weeks later...

Today I bring you an enormous update, stats and all for all enemies (plus some new ones). Any blank areas or unfilled areas will be filled over time. Next I will probably begin to work on RNG events (note the s in events). I will also get to adding lore/codex entries for each enemy. 

Also, I may change the weapons around a bit once we hit U13 and might get new Tenno weaponry.

Happy Palindrome Day 4/1/14!

Edited by Drunken_Child

I see you decided to bump this sooner than I thought. Apologies for not providing feedback sooner, been pretty busy so I haven't had time to read everything thoroughly, though some skimming alone I quite like what you have here. The weapons and abilities sound pretty good and would turn the tables on us Tenno who are so used to being the only ones powers. Plus I like the notion of having an almost piratical clan of deserter Tenno who randomly break into missions to steal your loot for themselves rather than in the name of the Lotus.

I don't see them controlling their own planets, maybe with a few random nodes here and there I feel like they should mainly be encountered through alerts, mid-mission faction changes, and possibly invasions. Like the Infested, they could also have a foothold in some Derelict Towers/Dojos, preferably not key-locked though but definitely a bit of a distance from the earlier planets, making them mainly a mid-high level faction.

I'll try to offer more feedback later on, though for now I can at least provide some suggestions for names:

-Minions --> Initiates, Marauders, Soliders

-Zealot --> Martyr

-(shotgun/electric shield unit) --> Shock Troop

-Illusionist --> Assassin, Deciever

-Tinkerer --> Deceptionist

-(Drakgoon unit) --> Pointman

-Gasser --> Asphyxiator

-Huntswoman --> Archer, Hunter

-Glaiver --> Severer, Sunderer

I see you decided to bump this sooner than I thought. Apologies for not providing feedback sooner, been pretty busy so I haven't had time to read everything thoroughly, though some skimming alone I quite like what you have here. The weapons and abilities sound pretty good and would turn the tables on us Tenno who are so used to being the only ones powers. Plus I like the notion of having an almost piratical clan of deserter Tenno who randomly break into missions to steal your loot for themselves rather than in the name of the Lotus.

I don't see them controlling their own planets, maybe with a few random nodes here and there I feel like they should mainly be encountered through alerts, mid-mission faction changes, and possibly invasions. Like the Infested, they could also have a foothold in some Derelict Towers/Dojos, preferably not key-locked though but definitely a bit of a distance from the earlier planets, making them mainly a mid-high level faction.

I'll try to offer more feedback later on, though for now I can at least provide some suggestions for names:

-Minions --> Initiates, Marauders, Soliders

-Zealot --> Martyr

-(shotgun/electric shield unit) --> Shock Troop

-Illusionist --> Assassin, Deciever

-Tinkerer --> Deceptionist

-(Drakgoon unit) --> Pointman

-Gasser --> Asphyxiator

-Huntswoman --> Archer, Hunter

-Glaiver --> Severer, Sunderer

Yes I did update this sooner that I thought I would too. Just it was the first time I've had more free time than just the 3 minuets in between periods, so I took the oppurtunity when it presented its self. I do apreicate the names, even for the ones I decide not to use I still want to make enemies for the others though that would be a bit extreme. Out of all th enames Martyr grabbed my attention, that makes gives me a idea to give him an ability to fill his fellow trrops with morale upon detonation (gives a 30s buff).

Also, Ive decided Im going to work on the event more. I have two mission concepts I will enclude in the event, the problem is deciding between the two (I may include both). One is a convoy ambush, the other is interventing in raids on Corpus and Grineer refugee camps (though that may into Corpus and Grineer bases change if DE dont like the idea of NPC's).

Correct your grammar please. And nice ideas. You could add unusual things like a bad relationship beetwen this group and the Stalker (they REALLY don't get along) or something like :

What if you could join the stalker? 

*DRAMATIC SOUNDS*

What if you could join the stalker? 

*DRAMATIC SOUNDS*

What renleech was suggesting was not to join the stalker but in fact the very opposite. Renleech was sightings the Meznites and the stalker have a hate fill relationship with each other. So when joining the Meznites was suggested, the stalker would still be your reckoning.

Also all though a rule when brainstorming is no idea is too crazy, I think we can all agree this will never happen. Even if it did happen, I would still never betray the lotus.

Edited by Drunken_Child

I have started working on concept art and it will most likely be done by the end of the week. But honestly I have no clue what it will look like im just going with it. Also it will not be a beautful peice of art but infact will most likely resemble a drawing that a kindergardener would give its parents.

It definitely shows that MASSIVE amounts of thought went into this, that's what I like to see. Very in depth, which is exciting. I don't mean to be "that guy" but Rogue and Zealot should be spelled correctly (Rogue in title, Zealot in post).

I will be flipping back to this post occasionally to read it, I don't have time atm to read it all in one go.

Keep up the good work, happy to see your concepts Drunken_Child !

Bumpdate: Art! So I suppled an orignal Drunken appraised at 3 credits. So just want to say i am not artist by any means so it is not a great work of art, but it is atleast decent. I'm not exactly sure what I ant the faction to look like but I'm working with a friend (who is an artist) to devlop the look some more and supply some art.

It definitely shows that MASSIVE amounts of thought went into this, that's what I like to see. Very in depth, which is exciting. I don't mean to be "that guy" but Rogue and Zealot should be spelled correctly (Rogue in title, Zealot in post).

I will be flipping back to this post occasionally to read it, I don't have time atm to read it all in one go.

Keep up the good work, happy to see your concepts Drunken_Child !

Wells its nice to see someone who realizes the hours I have put into this. But arg, with a post of my scale its hard to avoid occasional grammar erros but I dont know how I missed the title of all things. But I really apreicate your future input one you have read it in its entirety (it's a long read).

Bumpdate: Art! So I suppled an orignal Drunken appraised at 3 credits. So just want to say i am not artist by any means so it is not a great work of art, but it is atleast decent. I'm not exactly sure what I ant the faction to look like but I'm working with a friend (who is an artist) to devlop the look some more and supply some art.

Seeing as they are essentially deserter Tenno, I can't imagine them looking to much different. While they shouldn't look like direct copies of the originals, the units which do share the same powers as certain Warframes should have similar looking features (ie. The unnamed shotgunner with electric shield could vaguely resemble a Volt warframe).

Additionally, weak units such as the basic minion could have either very little armor or not at all, being forced to ditch their defective Warframes and left wearing outfits similar to one Rescue hostages wear (their faces and skin would still be mostly concealed, but what you can see is badly mutated due to the Technocyte Virus warping their flesh).

Generally, they should look like Warframes, but be decrepit, having shreds and punctures in their armor that give off an energy channel-like glow, and possibly even missing chunks of armor, like an arm-plate or shoulder pad. Bonus points if they wear shawls, cloaks, scarves, etc.made out of tattered rags, like some kind of bandits/nomads.

EDIT: I'd offer to draw stuff up myself, but I got Finals in a week or two (and I can't draw Warframes for crap). Maybe I'll doodle something up just for the heck of it though (eventually).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Just read through it all minus the event. Very well thought out, massive effort is evident here. I like how fleshed out the behavior for the toxic enemies is, and Asphyxiator is a very creative name. As I'm sure you're aware, just keep striving for unique names. For the Shield/Shotgunner, possiy consider naming it Vanguard, and its tactics would be to move up first and deploy cover so its long range allies can move around the battlefield more safely, perhaps having Vanguards always guarding their shield (ex. Protecting any allies using it for cover).

I can tell you really like clones and deception x) maybe have the Deciever's clones not be able to use abilities... thatd be a bit annoying x) that way any ability usage would expose the true Deceiever, allowing the player to use a "wait and see" tactic not usually experienced in game currently.

Also,20 seconds of invisibility for Marksmen is a bit much, maybe just like 8 for quick relocaction.

I like that you also addressed tileset and such, I was hoping to see that as I progressed through your post!

It sounds to me like you have very clear ideas about Ixion or whoever, so I'll leave that alone, though consider giving him more original abilities that wouldnt be so frustrating to play against :p but stick with your theme for him, its very clear and unique.

As for Rose, she should be less "insane" and her issue that caused her to join the Meznites (just a question, why Meznites as a name? Just curious) should be more like a philosophical disagreement with the Lotus. For example, perhaps she thinks Tenno were awoken as part of their Destiny to reclaim the Sol system as it is their right. A clear depiction of this could even give a feeling that she is the brains behind the Meznites rather than Ixion, so she would be similar to Theodora of Byzantine (historical analogy). She could also be very deviant from the Meznite deteriorated-and-decrepit theme, almost resembling a mix between the Lotus and a Samurai, which a very kept appearance, to show how she is still sharp mentally (as are her thorns, to relate it back to your idea of her theme).

Overall very interesting post, keep working on it to make it even better!

PS just a slight concern, the introduction of specters can treads these waters

Seeing as they are essentially deserter Tenno, I can't imagine them looking to much different. While they shouldn't look like direct copies of the originals, the units which do share the same powers as certain Warframes should have similar looking features (ie. The unnamed shotgunner with electric shield could vaguely resemble a Volt warframe).

Additionally, weak units such as the basic minion could have either very little armor or not at all, being forced to ditch their defective Warframes and left wearing outfits similar to one Rescue hostages wear (their faces and skin would still be mostly concealed, but what you can see is badly mutated due to the Technocyte Virus warping their flesh).

EDIT: I'd offer to draw stuff up myself, but I got Finals in a week or two (and I can't draw Warframes for crap). Maybe I'll doodle something up just for the heck of it though (eventually).

I feel like your visual description of them sums them up the way I was thinking too. But I also thought they should have self inflicted armor scars, brands, tattoos with a ritualistic feel also. I would also appreciate if you drew something because there is no way it can be worse than mine.

Just read through it all minus the event. Very well thought out, massive effort is evident here. I like how fleshed out the behavior for the toxic enemies is, and Asphyxiator is a very creative name. As I'm sure you're aware, just keep striving for unique names. For the Shield/Shotgunner, possiy consider naming it Vanguard, and its tactics would be to move up first and deploy cover so its long range allies can move around the battlefield more safely, perhaps having Vanguards always guarding their shield (ex. Protecting any allies using it for cover).

I can tell you really like clones and deception x) maybe have the Deciever's clones not be able to use abilities... thatd be a bit annoying x) that way any ability usage would expose the true Deceiever, allowing the player to use a "wait and see" tactic not usually experienced in game currently.

Also,20 seconds of invisibility for Marksmen is a bit much, maybe just like 8 for quick relocaction.

I like that you also addressed tileset and such, I was hoping to see that as I progressed through your post!

It sounds to me like you have very clear ideas about Ixion or whoever, so I'll leave that alone, though consider giving him more original abilities that wouldnt be so frustrating to play against :p but stick with your theme for him, its very clear and unique.

As for Rose, she should be less "insane" and her issue that caused her to join the Meznites (just a question, why Meznites as a name? Just curious) should be more like a philosophical disagreement with the Lotus. For example, perhaps she thinks Tenno were awoken as part of their Destiny to reclaim the Sol system as it is their right. A clear depiction of this could even give a feeling that she is the brains behind the Meznites rather than Ixion, so she would be similar to Theodora of Byzantine (historical analogy). She could also be very deviant from the Meznite deteriorated-and-decrepit theme, almost resembling a mix between the Lotus and a Samurai, which a very kept appearance, to show how she is still sharp mentally (as are her thorns, to relate it back to your idea of her theme).

Overall very interesting post, keep working on it to make it even better!

PS just a slight concern, the introduction of specters can treads these waters

Yes you are right about my draw to deception in this. That is also why I incorporate the psychological element in this faction too.

I do have a pretty solid idea of what I want from Ixion. though I am going to go through again and define him more clearly. I want to really capture that Vaas like psychopath (he is my favorite character ever).

Your thoughts on Rose are quite interesting as they pull from deeper concepts, I like that. I did have the same thought on her being the stability in this cult (like you historical reference by the way). I was thinking of making her more of an extremist. As for a disagreement between her and the Lotus, it could be over a topic of moral boundaries that she is pushing to far. The idea of samurai peeked my interest because I was thinking of incorporating them seeing as they were the enemy of the ninja of which the Tenno are.

I choose the name Meznite because the main antagonist in Dark Sector was Robert Mezner. Seeing as he was the nemesis of Hayden Tenno (the original Tenno) I thought what would be more fitting than something relating to their origins. If that interests you I suggest you look at this and see if you can make any connections to my post. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ixion

What I plan on working on next is more precisely defining the bosses. I am also currently working on some new enemies that will use a new gun (which I have a 3D model for!). Expanding my description of the tile set will be my only other major thing I will be working on. Other than that just general housekeeping (for now).

Bumpdate: I have added the personality section for my new boss Apophis. But while adding him I realized something THIS POST IS MASSIVE. I always knew it was large but I never knew it was this large. This mad me go back through and re read it. I then realized its basically nothing but stats and is very thin in some sections or way to dense. So I think I might have to do an over haul or a summary thread something to make it easier to read (Meznites 2.0). Other than that I think I will continue to expand upon the enemies seeing as how most info on them is stats. Other than that I will start to expand upon the bosses more going into lore, personality, overviews, trivia and the battle its self.

Edit: I think what I might end up doing is making a post for stats and leaving enemy descriptions to try and free up some space.

Edited by Drunken_Child

Bumpdate: I have added the personality section for my new boss Apophis. But while adding him I realized something THIS POST IS MASSIVE. I always knew it was large but I never knew it was this large. This mad me go back through and re read it. I then realized its basically nothing but stats and is very thin in some sections or way to dense. So I think I might have to do an over haul or a summary thread something to make it easier to read (Meznites 2.0). Other than that I think I will continue to expand upon the enemies seeing as how most info on them is stats. Other than that I will start to expand upon the bosses more going into lore, personality, overviews, trivia and the battle its self.

Edit: I think what I might end up doing is making a post for stats and leaving enemy descriptions to try and free up some space.

I would suggest just grouping together enemies into more spoiler sections (ex. long-range/snipers, infantry, heavies) like how you did with the gas-based enemies.

Also, maybe just include a summary that briefly names the kinds of enemies in the post that demonstrates the variety so there is a TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read) in some sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I introduce, Meznites 2.0! Not to much content was added but a lot of art was. But the main argumentation was the entire lay out. I cut out the stats and a lot of unnecessary content, but I linked them to separate pages so it is still accessible.

Next I will focus on more content to be added now that it is easier to read.

I am trying to come up with a cult like symbol that they can have branded/tattooed on them. Maybe multiple symbols each with their own meaning. I was wondering if any body had any suggestions.

Sure I can come up with something, Im currently stuck with lots of request now but sure