March 14Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Megan

So... I'm taking this as we're not getting Melee 2.0 next week...

I'd imagine it is very unlikely that Melee 2.0 will be next week. There seems to be a lot of stuff being implemented into it. Animations and combos for each type of melee weapon is probably very taxing on time via planning, designing, testing, and tweaking (I count at least 14 different types currently). If I had to guess, Melee 2.0 will probably be update 13.

As I eagerly anticipate the melee 2.0 overhaul, I am currently looking forward to seeing how the Katana style weapon will turn out like. (Was hinted by DE_Steve in chat after Prime Time as being released in the very near future. I'm guessing this upcoming Wednesday.)

Remove Ability mods from the enemy Drop tables, actually any drop tables as a matter of fact.

They're useless and just dilute the drop tables, especially with the upcoming Melee 2.0 mods.

And, DE recently added more ability mods to the drop table.  But, they're doing something about the grind and loot table dilution.  Something.

I'm glad that we're getting the next update with rhino prime this month as predicted; however, I want to reiterate my feelings about having access to only the roar and accessory pack. This is not equivalent to the pc options, and for those of us on the ps4 that would've bought the stomp pack for the plat, gear, and accessories, will be getting screwed over. Missing out on like 1600 plat for 10 bucks less than a pc player buying the stomp pack is not fair in the slightest. We already don't getting plat discounts from login rewards. Please, just offer the stomp pack and the accessory pack. Those that want the exclusives can buy the accessory pack, and those of us that want the accessories AND the plat and gear, can do so without getting the short end of the stick. Thanks. Also, I love the game, but an end-game would be awesome.

Edited by (PS4)x3vilxEmperor

Clan Scoring

Score is the average score of those who participated from clan.
If the clan has more members than 1, then every extra member who participated raises the score by
Ghost       4% per extra participants.
Shadow    2% per extra participants.
Storm       1% per extra participants.
Mountain  0.5% per extra participants.
Moon        0.1% per extra participants.
Scoring is tiered as usual to Storm, Mountain, etc. clans.

This way the low member clans do have an easy way ot when it comes to organizing the event but those taking their time to organize it might generate higher scores - again, those with higher member quantity have to prepare themselves for those that simply do the event and thus lower their scores.
The % can be altered but the main point is to provide a possible way for either side to score high without tippping the scales.

Event Difficulty

It kinda felt easy to gain the Gorgon and the mods (though whether or not the Gorgon was a higher reward than the mods, remains to be seen - "Beware their power, nerfhammer's might!") and while I really like the sigil we got from the "hard" version, i had some problems with it (yes, I can't ever shut up):
The basic rewards were obtained with relative ease and mostly together, they were "too close" in terms of our performance. If you did the event you mostly got everything or nothing.
I for one would always make event into a multiple layered mission or mission set.
- 1st mission gives the first, lowest reward, unlocks next, harder mission.
- Harder missions give the next reward in line, unlock the next, even harder mission in line.
- Missions can only be accessed if you have them "unlocked".

Or multiple sections within the mission, similar to survivals. Examples:
You have to destroy cores / obtain data packs from computers / have the technician following you perform tasks at certain places / assassinate certain personnel / simply mobile def places (maybe multiple ones at the same time as it gets harder*) / steal artifacts with debuffs akin to dragon keys from "hackable" containers or rooms that are preferably far away - when you complete one section, you get the next reward in line but the enemies' rank goes up, maybe their numbers too thus the mission is harder. In this case you have to do the full mission to get everything.
In fact it would be nice if the mission itself can change thus providing a chance to be something like an infinite defense, thus having more and more targets appearing. Rewarded badge could change according to how high you have reached in the event - a number on it, the coloring, minor changes, something like the rank-icons on steam whatever.
People might like that.

*Actually it would be interesting to see mobile defense missions being harder by forcing you to guard mutliple consoles at the same time. It's eeriely close to the "new" conquest/domination mode though. Hmm.

More Melee 2.0 Madness

Haha, yea, I guess most people here can understand that simply doing new animations is already a strain on the graphical team and you have to do the balancing issues at the same time... and the coding... hell. We shall see when it comes out - prepare for nutjobs torturing you with their ideas when that happens - with me among them, most likely :D

Boosters as Consumables

I agree with the "always active timer" on boosters, they are meant to be an income for the devs and I think they are indeed a good incentive to make someone play more actively in a set amount of time... but rewards from event is a different tale a bit. I can decide when I want to buy an affinity reward but with an event, you get it when it ends and you log in. I might not have enough time to play when that happens, maybe I just want to start something in the foundry... and I've lost one my rewards.
When we get a mail, please provide us with a "claim" button on every page of enclosed items so we can decide when and which item we want to activate.

Rhino vs Rhino Prime

Though it's true, Primes are considerably harder to obtain than their normal versions, it feels it hits the game negatively to make them plain better, even if only a little. Simply because that way one wouldn't bother getting the normal version of the frame if the prime is already obtainably, even if it's hard to get.

I think they should be different than their originals but not plain better - different stats, like Rhino prime having better speed but lower health/armor/energy or shield is alright. You want them to be more valuable - it can be done by still allowing the normal versions to rival them if the player gives it the proper care.
Give them 2 or more extra polarities that the player can apply when they want, without the frame going to 0 (like when using forma). You have a button on the side with "change a polarity (2)" and you can do it when you want it, if you want it. The frame does not turn rank0 when you use these up. You can even allow to use them individually, you use one and your "change polarity (2)" turns into "change polarity (1)" so you can even change that very polarity again!

Should be realtively easy, would make these frames obviously valuable and still not stronger than their originals.
As for the stats I would do the following:
Excalibur Prime: Armor+, Movement speed-.
Frost Prime: Armor+, Energy-.
Mag Prime: Power strength+, Shield-.
Ember Prime: Power strength+, Energy cost+.
Rhino Prime: Movement speed+, Armor-.
Nekros Prime: Where shall I start...

Weapon Balance

- Base Damage dealt PerSecond: Divide the damage by (the time which you need to empty the magazine plus the time it takes to reload). Multiply it by the % of accuracy.
- Critical: Mutliply basedps by the Critical dmg%, then Critical chance%.
- Adding the two together becomes the Single target DPS.
- If the weapon has aoe, multiply the single target dps by half the maximum number of opponents that can reside within area of effect - preferably not taking height into consideration.
- Multiply the amount by the time it takes to empty your ammo reserves (all ammo).

That should provide you with data to compare weapons. I realize status effect is not in this formula (or what you would call it) but since I don't have numerical data or too deep experiences on Status effects' usefulness, I've refrained from trying to include it and make it even less accurate.

I know it might sound too simple but as far as I have seen the weapons we have, this formula shows the inbalances pretty well.

Melee 2.0 Mods

Well, not much to say here - time will tell. Would be nice to get a richochet (shot richochets once for every rank) and a split missile (not split chamber, this divides the damage too, every rank doubling your shots and spreading them a bit) mod for ranged weapons though. Would be nice and chaotic. Oh and unlimited range for Flux! :D

Good news can't wait until next PS4 Update.

However a few things:

1. Primes vs regular frames.I think slightly better stats on each prime is the best option. Putting an extra polarity dosent really differentiate the two since founders and long time players like myself have warframes forma'd like 4 times. Sucks now that I have to give up my rhino for Rhipri's speed boost and gold platted awesomeness. 

2. I agree with most people on the subject of consumable boosters, they SHOULD be activated when the player wants and counted as in-game time. At least when events are giving these awards that's how they should operate.

3. Mods that are being added for melee 2.0 could be added as a replacement for those warframe ability cards in the drop pools. 

4.*This is really just about PS4 server issues. Lag, connection, glitches are getting increasingly frrustrating!  Make it to 20 minute survival host blue screens or 2 people disconnect from match, either scenario makes it not fun and makes the grind even harder than it should be in the Voids.

This pretty much sums up my opinions on some discussions. 

how about an event that have no limit on scoring? So basically one individual player can get 1345, another get 1242, then 1673 etc all varies without anyone capable of getting the same score (it possible, but hard) . So basically if an individual is good at this specific event, they will earn higher score. Skill base. 

All events so far, the top score always have the same scoring: 

1. 2356

2. 2356

3. 2356

4. 2356

5. 2355

6. 2355 etc.... 

basically no cap score on an event. Ofc the event must be pretty hard. I think the little game about "zephyr flap" can help you think about my idea. 

As for scoring, it will base on clan's average score of anyone who participate in the event. Those that didn't participate with score of 0 won't count into clan's average. 

This way even if a clan create multiple alt account, if their alt account got less score than their top score, it will only hurt clan's scoring. 

Edited by SElZE

When are you going to be fixing the dodgyness that is bleeding damage and proc? Seems this issue has been tossed to the side and forgotten.

In regards to Primes, will the existing ones be given more 'significant' differences? Rhino's makes a difference. The rest? Not really. What is Frosts exactly?

frost prime should get a built in aura around him, similar to coolant leak, a small aoe freeze aura that surrounds him and slows enemies 

perfect

DE has their own agenda and has little to no understanding of what players want. They read the forums, to be sure, but its not enough. They're complacent. They dont want to really change core gameplay mechanics. This game is a cash in, through and through, and im tired of it. I dont exactly have an answer but i do know that DE is cherry-picking what they feel like fixing, and not what's going to make the game fun.

I had to stop reading this thread right here.

Sure there are quite a few complaints that are valid, but DE being "complacent" and not wanting to "change core gameplay mechanics" is just straight up false. The mod system was a core mechanic. Auras were a core mechanic. Damage was a core mechanic. Melee is a core mechanic. Each one of these they have, or will, change. They are so adamant on making Melee 2.0 as "awesome" as possible they've delayed it and are constantly working on it. Every time DE_Steve gets a chance to talk, he speaks up about Melee 2.0. Let's not even mention every single week there's been updates, fixes, additions, and even events. And you call them complacent? Really?

Also, fun is subjective. I absolutely love using melee, so (obviously) melee 2.0 is extremely interesting to me and I feel it -will- add "fun" to the game. Badlands, Focus, and Proxy Wars also will add more "fun" to the game as they're implemented. Actual space station hubs and relays will also add more "fun" to the game. If you seriously don't want -any- of that, and desire something as barebones as what we had at the start of this beta (since you're so eloquently stating you don't like all the changes/DE is being complacent) then maybe you should go play a mobile game that truly -doesn't- care about you.

It's good to give valid input - either positive or negative, but saying stuff like what you said is straight up venomous, and brings absolutely nothing to the conversation at hand.

Yet the Grinner doors are still there. REMOVE THEM OR NERF them already. I am tired of being zapped out of my energy. 

I'm glad those doors are around. Only thing they really need fixing is how to disable them, because sometimes the ceiling in front of the doors get in the way of the light.

Only thing out of that "Grineer trap" update that I agree with everyone on is the broken lights. They need to be either fixed or totally removed.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I'd imagine it is very unlikely that Melee 2.0 will be next week. There seems to be a lot of stuff being implemented into it. Animations and combos for each type of melee weapon is probably very taxing on time via planning, designing, testing, and tweaking (I count at least 14 different types currently). If I had to guess, Melee 2.0 will probably be update 13.

As I eagerly anticipate the melee 2.0 overhaul, I am currently looking forward to seeing how the Katana style weapon will turn out like. (Was hinted by DE_Steve in chat after Prime Time as being released in the very near future. I'm guessing this upcoming Wednesday.)

I'm just tired of all the build-up. They make it sound as if it's coming out, and then they say "nope" and push it back more.

I mean, I understand wanting it to come out stable, but this is a beta. Let us test it! We are here to help!

That, and I just want to get it out of the way, since there's going to be more mods added by it to grind. (I thought one of the devs said we'll get the mods automatically upon the release of Melee 2.0, and not have to grind for them...)

*big post of awesome*

As long as people like you keep posting, it will be good. The moment people alike you stop posting to counter some rather shortsighted arguments, the game goes down the drain because it caters to the "I want everything for free and now + I am so self entitled + everything should be impossibly hard" part of the forum community. Keep it up good Sir/Madam. You, and everyone else like you.

<Lots of valid points about other subjects>

...I'm glad those doors are around. Only thing they really need fixing is how to disable them, because sometimes the ceiling in front of the doors get in the way of the light.

Only thing out of that "Grineer trap" update that I agree with everyone on is the broken lights. They need to be either fixed or totally removed.

I find it alarming that DE made a summary of hot topics and blatantly avoided the fact that there have been over 6 topics concerning broken lights, Including my topic that got 41 upvotes and a significant amount of replies that can be found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193496-please-do-nerf-the-new-hazards/

They absolutely need to be removed. I'd like to continue playing on Grineer ship tilesets again.

Edited by Z3R0M0N5T3R

When are you going to be fixing the dodgyness that is bleeding damage and proc? Seems this issue has been tossed to the side and forgotten.

In regards to Primes, will the existing ones be given more 'significant' differences? Rhino's makes a difference. The rest? Not really. What is Frosts exactly?

This might be something they are trying to work to fix without blatant stat bonuses. Something to look forward to (among many other things of course), that is, if and when DE delivers.

I find it alarming that DE made a summary of hot topics and blatantly avoided the fact that there have been over 6 topics concerning broken lights, Including my topic that got 41 upvotes and a significant amount of replies that can be found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193496-please-do-nerf-the-new-hazards/

They absolutely need to be removed. I'd like to continue playing on Grineer ship tilesets again.

On a slightly related note, having doors simply shock you doesn't exactly feel Grineer to me either. The whole idea of shocking doors in a Grineer tileset just doesn't sit right with me.

Edited by kaboomonme

Boosters

Decrease their duration to 24 hours of playtime - problem solved.

You can take DOTA 2 for example, where booster's duration consumed only in matches.

I would buy a few boosters if that's the case, also make them party wide and that would guarantee loads of money from people.

the problem with giving better stats to primes (i cant believe DE did not foresaw this), is lovely in practice, but there is a special prime frame that the majority of the players will never get.

so, for those who payed, would be a better version of a frame than the F2P players will never have.

i would love to have excalibro prime, i understand why is exclusive and even defend the concept, but if this is implemented those who spended money will have a better version of the original, and that is a kick in the b****.

so, for those who payed, would be a better version of a frame than the F2P players will never have.

All Prime Access frames can be obtained through void missions. Which ALL players can get, not just the paying players. I never bought any prime packs and have mag prime, frost prime and missing only 1 part for ember prime. So the statement that F2P players will never have it is just false. Excalibur Prime was a Founders only. No one but Founder will (probably) ever have it and that is the right they paid though the nose for.

Event Difficulty

As we’ve stated before, balancing difficulty and solo-playability is an on-going process in regards to Events. Tethra’s Doom was the first to have an added ‘hard-mode’ for players that craved that little extra difficulty, but to some it wasn’t hard enough! Introducing a hard-mode with a small reward that wouldn’t cause an uproar(like the Quantum badge) could be a potential recurring plan. 

Exactly.

Main reward that is accessible for everybody and additional swag for hardcore people who want challenge but also want some "official" reward for their efforts. Perfect solution.

I am marginally upset by the discussion of placing Melee 2.0 mods on enemies. I seem to remember Steve saying something along the lines of "we're not going to make you grind for those." How is placing them on random-drop enemies not making us grind for them?

Or... are we going to see Melee 2.0 mods replace some existing melee mods, and newer, flashier, and completely optional mods be put into the drop tables? I'm fine with that much, but not needing to grind out mods for each different grip type. Especially when you think 20-30 scans of what... Crawlers...? is a reasonable quantity for unlocking Codex info.

Please, give out some more clarification on this. I'm really looking forward to Melee 2.0, and its potential for injecting new life into what I found the most attractive about Warframe. This sounds like it's going down the same road as the Eviscerator "fix," though, where I saw it mentioned that preventing bleed from proccing through shields seemed like the most favorable solution... and the Eviscerators got a proc-chance reduction. Hm. That was discouraging.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

I would like to quote the Prime Access page:

"Gain instant access to the newest Prime Gear and Exclusive items!"

That doesn't mean they're not goals to work towards for the free player - I highly doubt the average player buys every prime access, and so to claim that prime access devalues prime gear as a goal to work towards is ludicrous.