Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Frame Wip (Work In Progress)

WhiteNovaKnight

Hi guys, Just thought I'd share a little of what I'm working on during my free time. My concept is a water based Warframe and is in the early stages of development. I'm still messing with the mesh and proportions and trying to get something interesting out of it. I plan to update this thread weekly as long as I have the time to do so. Hope you enjoy the progression over the weeks!

7/07/14

So since this is the concept area of the forum; I think its about time I go into more detail about this Warframe. 

(Place Holder) is not your typical Warframe. The story of (place holder) starts on the moon Europa. Long ago, a battle between the Grineer and Corpus was taking place. (Place holder) was sent to intervene and keep the balance of the solar system in check. Little did he know, that the battle was a ruse. The Grineer and Corpus were quite tired of the Tenno always ruining their individual desires' for conquest and decided to take action. An alliance was form, although only for a short time. 

Upon landing on the planet, (place holder) was immediately ambushed. His personal ship was shot down and all communications were blocked in the area. Try as he may, he could overcome the sheer numbers of the two factions aiming for his life. (Place holder) fell. The Grineer and Corpus leaders decided to dump the Tenno into a nearby lake. The body and armor of (place holder) were so mangled, there wasn't any use in trying to salvage it for parts.

As (place holder's) sunk to the bottom of the lake, an aquatic life form was attracted to the blood of the fallen warrior. The parasitic type life form, burrowed into the mangled body of the warrior and latched on to its heart. Over-time, the parasite became to grow. Slowing as it grew, it started to absorb both flesh and armor into its being. First was the chest, then arms and legs. Finally it made its way to the head, but something happened. Maybe it was the armor, or the will or the warrior or lotus magic, but as the parasite touched the brain stem, it was given an immense shock which instantly killed it. Now during this shock three things happened: the parasite was killed, the brain was now attached to the rest of the body and the heart was shocked back to life.

A faint beat started in (place holder's) chest. At first it was slow and than it began to pick up speed...du-dun...du- dun...du-dun....du-du-du-dun. The beating of his heart shocked him back into reality. His eyes opened, all he saw around him was water, but strangely he could breath. He didn't remember what happened to him. "I need to get to the surface and figure out where I am." He crawled on to land exhausted and confused. He brought his hand to his forehead, but not before noticing that his hands were webbed. Shocked and frightened, he tried to rise to his feet, but noticed they were webbed as well, with claws at the end. He started to feel his body which was half covered in his Warframe armor and half covered with a very rough skin. He scrambled to the water to see his reflection only to find that he no longer was the man he was before. Half monster, half machine. Somehow they were one and functioned as so.

In his unconscious state he believed, (not remembering the fact that he had died), that the water on this moon changed his body forever. He gained new abilities to what he previously was use to and found that his current body could move easily through the water in the air and its liquid form. Determined to find out what had happened to him in the past, (place holder) started to roam the moon. Eventually, he found an abandoned base, that he very cautiously infuriated. He eventually found a communications room which was, lucky for him, fully powered. He sent out a distress call for the lotus to come retrieve him....

Here are some texturing updates. I'm not done with the main texture yet, but I decided to add a spec and glow map. The spec map shows what is suppose to be shiny for example metal and glass and what is not, such as skin, ect... Hope you like them.

Texturing003.png

Texturing004.png

6/29/14 

Guess who's back! After a long hiatus due to my weakness to video games; I am finally back and ready to finish this Warframe! Just posting a single pic for now. Did some clean up on the model and I started work on the hands and feet. I will finish this no matter what!! Later.

WIP22.jpg[/url

WIP21.jpg

WIP20.jpg

WIP19.jpg

WIP18.jpg

WIP17.jpg

WIP16.jpg

3/22/14 New Pics Incoming! Worked on the helmet a bit. Just messing around with the mesh to get something interesting. I'll clean it up a bit when I find the final look I like.

WIP15.jpg WIP14.jpg WIP13.jpg WIP12.jpg WIP11.jpg

3/19/14 New Pics Incoming! Worked on the mesh a bit more. Some fine tuning is definitely needed. Still need to add more detail to the helmet, hands, feet, legs, back, ect....

WIP06.jpg

WIP07.jpg

WIP08.jpg

WIP09.jpg

WIP10.jpg

Older Pics:

WIP02.jpg

WIP01.jpg

WIP04.jpg

WIP05.jpg

WIP03.jpg

Edited by WhiteNovaKnight

It looks to similer to the other frames for now... but as you said, its a work in progress.
add some more detail to the chest, and perhaps an even bigger head? or something different (reminds me of volt to much)
not that I can do anything at all, because im not artist.
but, just my imput, rather then
"GOOD JOB KEEP GOING"

Sooooo I keep seeing comments about what are the skills/abilities of this warframe? I have ideas, but am going to save them to I am done with the full 3D concept. Once the modeling is done I will go into details on each ability and how each should look/work. Until then, please be patient as this is a WIP.

• 3 months later...