Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Feedback

CubedOobleck

[Edit - Outdated, I'll need to review it.]

Rhino is the tank and the shockwave moa of the tenno, however he is a bit lackluster and 3 of his skills are essentially too similar to each other

RHINO CHARGE
This skill suffers from issues such as getting stuck on stairs and enemies (especially infested), but bugs aside it's a good first skill. My main grief is that there are other ways you can knock back enemies like midair melee attacks and slide kicks, however the long shape of the attack and the low cost make it worth using and equipping. Not to mention that for such a slow warframe a skill that lets you move forward like that is more than welcome.

IRON SKIN
I think the most important feature this skill had was the immunity to any 'special' power (knockback, drain, poison, ect) because it meant you could stand against anything, the recent nerf took most of this away and I think this was the only real mistake. The damage reduction right now is really not bad, I would only remove the shield recharge delay while Iron skin is active; an alternative that caught my attention elsewhere is that Iron Skin could completely protect your health, but your shields would take damage normally.
Besides all this I still think your sentinel should share your Iron Skin so that you can tank care-free and that the skill should have a tad of aggro power so that you can actually move attention away from for your team.

RADIAL BLAST
This skill is the only real issue for me, it's like a round Rhino Charge but the slight increase in damage and a different shape don't justify a triple cost. As far as crowd control goes, you get the same effect by performing a midair melee with a heavy weapon, and if you equip a frost mod the effect is even better. Lastly, this skill is also out shined by the ultimate which only costs 25 more energy to perform. All in all I think Radial Blast needs to be something else that isn't as similar to the first and last skill.
The only replacement I can think of right now (bare with me) is that Rhino lifts an enemy above his head for some time allowing your team to shoot him without fear of retaliation (this would last about 30 seconds, but the player can ended sooner), then Rhino throws him where you are aiming dealing a bit more damage.

RHINO STOMP
This is basically an improved Radial Blast as the knock back is replaced with a slow motion fall which will affect any enemy, but it is still rather underwhelming. Crowd control is Rhino's second nature and yet this ultimate doesn't come even close to Nyx's 3rd skill in both reach and duration. Overall I think this skill needs a buff, not direct damage, but perhaps the floating enemies could become less resistant or of course you could just increase the duration of the float to something acceptable like 20 seconds.

EXTRA
Rhino Charge and Rhino Stomp... they could have more original names ~_~

Ash feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17085-ash-feedback/
Banshee feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/46387-banshee-feedback/?p=469683
Frost feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/42221-frost-feedback/

Loki feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64930-loki-feedback/

Nyx feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37656-nyx-feedback/
Saryn feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63519-saryn-feedback/
Trinity feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/24289-trinity-feedback/?p=217976

Vauban feedback - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68822-vauban-feedback/

Stats overview - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/43702-stats-overview/

Edited by CubedOobleck

Yeah how dare anyone offer feed back and suggestions on the forums for a game that is in beta. I seriously do not get that attitude. How can things evolve and become better if we argue for everything to stay the same? I get people like how it is now but so what? It can be made better and keep the spirit of what the warframe is meant to be.

So instead of saying "it's fine! l2p!" (it's not fine because threads on rhino keep popping up) offer some constructive feedback in reply on why it might be better to stay as is.

Now on topic, I also agree several of Rhinos abilities are a little lackluster. Either the power of them or energy costs need to be tweaked.

Yeah how dare anyone offer feed back and suggestions on the forums for a game that is in beta. I seriously do not get that attitude. How can things evolve and become better if we argue for everything to stay the same? I get people like how it is now but so what? It can be made better and keep the spirit of what the warframe is meant to be.

So instead of saying "it's fine! l2p!" (it's not fine because threads on rhino keep popping up) offer some constructive feedback in reply on why it might be better to stay as is.

Now on topic, I also agree several of Rhinos abilities are a little lackluster. Either the power of them or energy costs need to be tweaked.

Don't fix something that is not broken. Period.

I own every Warframe and have 44% Rhino use of the 350+ hours i played this game so i know what i am talking about when i say Rhino is fine.

The reason why Threads pop up about Rhino is not that he needs to be changed or that he's broken. Most people just don't get him or are disappointed because he does not do as much damage as other Warframes. Every skill of his set serves basically the same purpose with slight variations and even that is fine. There is a concept behind Rhino.. raw power (which does not mean damage), AE, stomp, smash, charge! Charge for single target knock down and mobility. Iron Skin for survivability. Radial Blast for thinning enemy count and ae knockdown and Rhino stomp for pure AE CC. So basically Rhino's skillsets makes sure that he and his teammates survive. That's how Tanking works in this game because there is no Aggro or taunts. Keep Enemys away from teammates, stay alive yourself.. that's Rhino.

So yeah! He's fine! l2p!

Actually, you don't ask for so much changes. But I get your point when it comes to the third skill, and that's pretty right that radial blast get about the same role than rhino's charge or stomp.

Personaly, I use both radial blast and rhino stomp in different situations :

- when i'm circled by many ennemies focused on myself (especially against infected) I launch radial blast

- when there's many enemies all over a room aiming at my party, I use the stomp to give them a little break and help killing faster (and easier).

Beside, I think that the radius and duration of the stomp at rank 3 are both good, more with the proper mods.

But I agree with the fact that radial blast could get an other tanky role. Thus it's not really a priority compared to trinity/Ember, and other frames.

True, Rhino is fine, but not perfect so here I am giving my opinion on its skills and this is the feedback section, right? Plus, if you actually read what I wrote I only suggest drastic change for the 3rd skill, the rest are minor suggestions that wouldn't unbalance the frame, just make it a bit more user-friendly and team-versed. If I had access to every warframe I would be giving feedback of the broken ones first, but thats not the case, Rhino is what I had my hands on and so it's what I can talk about.

And talking about broken warframe, you'll be glad to know, Trinity is next on the list. I just need to wait for it to come out of the foundry.

Edited by CubedOobleck

personally the only skill I think needs a real change is rhino's ultimate. I would disagree on the point that Rhino Stomp is better than Radial Blast, I would actually say (at least at max rank) Radial Bast is significantly better than Rhino Stomp, as it clears rooms fairly easily and still has a CC component, where Stomp is basically just a longer CC move, with negligible damage. I always thought it would be cool if enemies took increased melee damage while in stasis (you know, like in the trailer where they showed rhino cutting up a bunch of guys midair).

Also more of a personal preference thing, but I always thought Rhino Stomp looked cooler when it was a smaller area focused around Rhino instead of the huge AoE it can have when maxed now.

Well, Rhino isn't designed to deal tons of damage, but in an defensive purpose That's why I'd prefer keeping the stomp as it is. Plus, it can potentially deal out a lot of kills from you AND your party, especially with a good heavy melee weapon, harvesting Grineers 3 by 3. I find this skill so cool and original I couldn't play without it.

To me, Rhino is the most balanced frame for now. It sure could be enhanced, as every other, so it's still interesting to imagine ways to improve it. But, one more time, there's much more priorities first.

True, Rhino is fine, but not perfect so here I am giving my opinion on its skills and this is the feedback section, right? Plus, if you actually read what I wrote I only suggest drastic change for the 3rd skill, the rest are minor suggestions that wouldn't unbalance the frame, just make it a bit more user-friendly and team-versed. If I had access to every warframe I would be giving feedback of the broken ones first, but thats not the case, Rhino is what I had my hands on and so it's what I can talk about.

And talking about broken warframe, you'll be glad to know, Trinity is next on the list. I just need to wait for it to come out of the foundry.

You really want to change his 3rd skill into this?!:

The replacement I favor is that Rhino lifts an enemy above his head for some time (not too long or it would be OP against bosses) allowing your team to shoot him without fear of retaliation, then Rhino throws him where you are aiming dealing a bit of damage.

You know that Rhino Stomp does practically the same thing.. just AE without throwing stuff? Oh boy....

I don't even dare to imagine what you probably suggest for Trinity skills when she is ready for you to "test". Brrrr.

People telling someone giving good feedback "it's fine, stop suggesting things" need to stfu. Feedback is feedback, everyone has their right to post what they think and ESPECIALLY when it is well thought out and useful. Whether the devs change it or not is up to them, and if the majority of people think a change needs to be made vs those that don't then it will probably be made. No need to be snarky about it, if you don't agree, just say as such or don't post in the thread.

No reason to be a cockend about it. Feedback > critisism. If you have your own feedback feel free to post it, if you have nothing but critsisms take them to GD, not feedback.

OT:

I've heard the first scales well, and the bug of it getting stuck on enemies is something it shares with slash-dash from excalibur, so I assume it's a bug that has yet to be ironed out.

The third skill is one I also find debatably useful. Lower cost, higher aoe, more signifigant effect, anything would be better than an ability already trumped by ground-slam attacks with melee weapons.

Edited by Kriegson

You really want to change his 3rd skill into this?!:

The replacement I favor is that Rhino lifts an enemy above his head for some time (not too long or it would be OP against bosses) allowing your team to shoot him without fear of retaliation, then Rhino throws him where you are aiming dealing a bit of damage.

You know that Rhino Stomp does practically the same thing.. just AE without throwing stuff? Oh boy....

I don't even dare to imagine what you probably suggest for Trinity skills when she is ready for you to "test". Brrrr.

Well it's an idea and probably not the best, but it's hard to come up with a skill that isn't another charge or stomp, while remaining in Rhino's tanky style, plus it would cost less than the ultimate, it would give you a skill to use against a single strong enemy instead of many enemies and it would give you the tactical advanage of relocating said enemy, so if you look at 'this?!:' it isn't as ridicule as you might expect.

My main point, however, is that we don't need 3 skills to knock a bunch of enemies off the ground and it's fine if you disagree. I'm just trying to look at the potential of new options, afterall DE has come a long way since Rhino was designed, I wouldn't be surprized if they eventually took a step back to check how their first warframes are doing after they made so many more.

This entire section is about"feedback". We are voicing our opinions, and if you don't like it, then you can sit on it and spin.

Anyway, there have been several "Rhino" threads now, and they all basically say the same thing: a lot of people feel that charge ought to be tuned up, and radial blast / rhino stomp ought to be combined somehow. The finer details of how may vary from person to person, but it seems to be a popular opinion.

This game isnt a democracy, and the devs can do whatever they want. They may be happy with the Rhino the way he is, and have no intentions of tweaking him almost at all. But again, this section is for "feedback", and that's what a lot of us have to say.

This entire section is about"feedback". We are voicing our opinions, and if you don't like it, then you can sit on it and spin.

Anyway, there have been several "Rhino" threads now, and they all basically say the same thing: a lot of people feel that charge ought to be tuned up, and radial blast / rhino stomp ought to be combined somehow. The finer details of how may vary from person to person, but it seems to be a popular opinion.

This game isnt a democracy, and the devs can do whatever they want. They may be happy with the Rhino the way he is, and have no intentions of tweaking him almost at all. But again, this section is for "feedback", and that's what a lot of us have to say.

Dont worry. They talked about alternate skills on the last Q&A and it might happen ^^

Don't fix something that is not broken. Period.

I own every Warframe and have 44% Rhino use of the 350+ hours i played this game so i know what i am talking about when i say Rhino is fine.

The reason why Threads pop up about Rhino is not that he needs to be changed or that he's broken. Most people just don't get him or are disappointed because he does not do as much damage as other Warframes. Every skill of his set serves basically the same purpose with slight variations and even that is fine. There is a concept behind Rhino.. raw power (which does not mean damage), AE, stomp, smash, charge! Charge for single target knock down and mobility. Iron Skin for survivability. Radial Blast for thinning enemy count and ae knockdown and Rhino stomp for pure AE CC. So basically Rhino's skillsets makes sure that he and his teammates survive. That's how Tanking works in this game because there is no Aggro or taunts. Keep Enemys away from teammates, stay alive yourself.. that's Rhino.

So yeah! He's fine! l2p!

You say you know best and there is no way to control aggro but I do belive you are wrong. Loki decoy would love to say hello to you. Now clearly. With that oversight we can assume you're not exactly looking at things objectively.

And people are dissatisfied with Rhino because this game is not about cc it's about killing lots of stuff really fast. Killing stuff quickly is a better form of crowd control than what Rhino provides, simple as that. You can argue until you're blue in the face but it won't change how the game works.

In the time you use rhino's #4 a Mag could kill the entire room. Why stomp and knock things up when you can kill an entire room and be on your way? Doesn't make sense to me and I know what form of "crowd control" I'd prefer.

Rhino is broken. It's not that people don't "get him" as you put it, it's just that his abilities don't suit the fast paced nature of this game. They are not nearly as effective as the abilities other frames get.

Not only that but I think the point of a feedback forum is completely lost on you. Things can always be made to be better.

Edited by f3llyn

Rhino could aggro enemies to him self similarly to how Loki and and Saryn can aggro enemies to their decois; ideally the aggro effect would stop a couple seconds before the invincibility runs out so that the Rhino isn't turned to a pulp soon after.

Oh god this, i just want to be able to get the attention away from my squishy teammates when they're in trouble.

just an idea for a different move, so basically tehy say frost is a lot like rhino but frost is more 1v1 while rhino is more crowd control, wouldnt a way to make rhino more 1v1 be cool, like a sparta kick or a stomp that sends an earthquake rumble through the ground in one direction and damages single enemies which would make rhino better against bosses. i havnt played rhino yet but hes coming out of the foundry in a couple days so il say more then, but from what i hear he isnt that offensive which sucks because thats what he is described as. maybe that means hes so defensive that if u get a great weapon you can go crazy without taking much damage. i know for me ill be going lots of vitality, lots of sheild capacity and recharge and then something for his speed, something for his powers as well. but offensivly ill rely on my weapons rather than his powers.

tbh i think rhinio sounds pretty cool and im gunna enjoy going in and cutting guys up, but he is just a way of playing, if you dont want physically tank, then try a stealth attack of supporter or something,

Honestly Rhino's only good skill is Iron Skin, the rest are just crappier versions of Excalibur's abilities (Radial Blind is basically Rhino Stomp for half the energy, Slash Dash is better than Rhino Charge even without upgrades & Radial Javelin is essentially a better Radial Blast that only costs a little bit more energy.)

i think rhino is a good frame, and thematically my favorite. however, rhino charge is just plain weaksauce version of slash dash. yes at max points its almost as long a range as slash dash, less damage, and a knockdown. sorry, i dont see why it needs to be less damage.

I think they should play with rhinos anti grav feature more. let enemies he charges get knocked back and have a couple seconds of anti grav.

radial blast? aoe anti grav?

iron skin could AMPLIFY other abilities damage, knockback distance, anti grav time, etc.

and what if antigrav gave some sort of bonus to damage or something.

changes like that i think would make him a more interesting frame.

As a Rhino user all throughout my early beta days and STILL a Rhino user, I have only one thing to say...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Rhino's current skills are in a good spot. I have a great usage for all of them, and cannot live without any of them. There are some things my team might be able to do a little better than me in some things, but I do things better than them in other cases, and I also bring things to the table that they cannot(and they bring things I cannot).

Teamwork at its finest.

PS: I freakin' love Stomping bosses to stop time for my allies to shoot them.

weird, seems like they overlap a lot to me. like radial blast and rhini charge. charge is less energy and can get you out of jams, while radial blast is stationary, they both essentially do the same thing (knockdown) so why use radial blast when you can use 2x charge?

• 1 month later...

While I agree his 1st, 3rd, and 4th do essentially the same thing which is to CC mobs. I just dont often use them compared to 2.

The issue i have is 3 and 4 are nearly the same CC type, being aoe control of mobs. I find very few reasons to use 3 over 4 myself just because it feels like 4 has better CC when i need to use those powers. I have no idea of how to change them to fit the rhino since I feel the rhino is in a good spot. If not boring to play sometimes with how slow he moves around compared to the others. Also 95% of the time I just need his second skill and im good to go and so is everyone else. The other 3 skills are just in-case a need arises.

Also i refuse to use that air/slide melee trick to get around since i feel it is a exploit in the game, so dont tell me I should just be using that.

Edited by gamefreak9149