Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faulty Frame Squad - A Warframe Machinima [Episode 5 Released - Season Finale]

Xenogelion

FFS_Title_860.png

Brief:

Greetings one and all, so for the last month I along with some really amazing people have been feverishly working away to create a Warframe Machinima, I present to you the Faulty Frame Squad. At this point I'd like to quickly roll out the credits:

Everyone:
===== Vocal Talent =====
Banshee - One Dread (http://www.kin-dread-spirit.com)
Volt - Vox (CROMB)
Loki - Xenogelion (Xenogelion)
Triton/Vauban - MDRLOz (MDRLOz)
Nova - yuikami
Ash - CipherInvictus (CipherInvictus)
Oberon - Merastius (Merastius)

===== Music & Audio Effects =====

===== Cool Cats =====

===== Original Concept =====
Xenogelion
MDRLOz
CipherInvictus
YeeTsun

Without these magnificent people I wouldn't have gotten even this first episode off the ground. I'd also like to share with you that during the production of this Loz was hesitant that the episode was going to be any good and upon seeing the production level his mind quickly changed. Since the initial draft I've had numerous "is it ready yet?" and "when is it coming out?" and as such I've decided to release it now as opposed to Feb 28th.

Premise:

Faulty Frame Squad is a series about 3 frames in particular that believe they have a talent for being the best frames out there but really don't have a clue. I'd love to tell you more however I think I'd like you to discover that for yourself as the series progresses.

Enjoy!

Episodes:

Episode 3

Edited by Xenogelion

Pre-season is over:

So the pre-season of Faulty Frame Squad is over. To tell you the truth we are all happy to it's outcome and we couldn't be happier with everyone's acceptance. Originally FFS was designed to be a short thing, about 3-4 episodes in length, that was supposed to be a funny one off sketch thing in Warframe but we're glad we're pushing the envelope further.

What we learnt:

So we've learned quite a lot for how to improve production (also voice acting is hard). Initially each of the original 5 were treated as unique individual projects. The work process would go as follows:

• Write script
  • Voice act lines
  • Sequence lines
  • Create any new characters vocal effects
  • Apply vocal effects
  • Organize in-game actors
  • Record in-game scenes
  • Edit video & vocals together
  • Re-record any needed footage
  • Add environmental & sound effects

As it stands doing this entire process for one episode at a time is a large waste of time and resources that can be better devised. For example we plan on writing the script for all the episodes before we start the production of any of the episodes. This method can be applied to nearly all the aspects of the first season which will make working on the project a lot more efficient. However even with all this there is a lot of work that still needs to be done.

Delegation:

So one thing that's clearly come about is that I do about 80% of the work load and considering FFS is my project I feel that it's perfectly fair, however this is where my shortcomings come to light. I can't easily manage doing all this work for one episode in a timely fashion let alone X number. So the plan of attack is to attempt to delegate some of the roles to volunteers from the community. The roles we're talking about are:

• Sequence lines
  • Apply vocal effects
  • In-game actor/actress

None of these roles are particularly extravagant but any work done would be a massively appreciated.

Sequence Lines:

In sort you'd be given the lines for the episode and you're task is put the dialogue in the correct order on the correct tracks using Audacity. This task can go hand in hand with Applying the vocal effects.

Apply vocal effects:

After the audacity project has had the dialogue lines put in the right sequence I will receive the project back and review it, upon review and then any minor editing I can do it'll be handed on to the person doing the application of the vocal effects. This entails the individual to follow set instructions in audacity to produce the desired audio effects for each characters voice.

In-game actor/actress:

This is probably the most time consuming position as you'll be called upon to be recorded in game. You will required to have a game pad as well as access to Teamspeak 3 with a headset. The more frames and weapons you have the better. If you do decide to take part in any of these roles and decide to buy any equipment within Warframe using Platinum you will not be compensated.

Soon there will be a Google Docs form for anyone who's wanting to participate in the production of the first season but for now feel free to throw up your interest here on the forum post.

First Season:

So some things I'm willing to share with you. We do know that the first season will be 15-18 episodes in length, we will have a larger main cast with Triton being a main character and three other characters joining the fray. The plot will continue from where it left off in the pre-season and Oberon will be back. The writing of the scripts are down to Calayne, Merastius, MDRLOz and myself. The over arching plot has been developed already and the scripts to write have been divided out. Additionally I'm happy to announce that KrashOmnis will also be working with FFS as one of the three main characters. He won't be playing Rhino Ninja (not yet at least). Finally the aim of the release of FFS Season 1 is to have it so that it comes out weekly or fortnightly so it'll be some time before it comes back but at least then you'll get to watch it at a steady pace.

Special Thanks:

So I'd like to leave this post with a special thanks to everyone who participated with the production of the pre-season, this is officially my first machinima and it means so much to me that I was finally able to get one released. I love everyone that helped and it means the Earth to me that so many are coming back and we've got so many new talent.

~Xeno

Edited by Xenogelion

HOW DID YOU DO THIS?!!!! I MUST KNOW!!! @_@

I have an idea I wanted to do for Warframe sitting in my head for months, but cannot be done in comic style

Perhaps just the name of the program? I'll find the rest out myself!

This isn't any one program this is like 5 programs and lots of knowing the qwerks of Warframe. What do you specifically want to know?

Yuikami didn't get to do a Nyx?

That thought did cross my mind but Yui wasn't playing Yui, she was playing Nova. Also Nyx is a special character in the machinima.

This isn't any one program this is like 5 programs and lots of knowing the qwerks of Warframe. What do you specifically want to know?

That thought did cross my mind but Yui wasn't playing Yui, she was playing Nova. Also Nyx is a special character in the machinima.

Man, that's cool.

Well, to be specific: character animations, special effects, scenery, lighting, maybe music? These are the things I'd like to do, but have no idea how to achieve.

Sorry, I'm a total noob at this.

Well done to Xeno for finally getting this done. Though many people helped and they are all absolutely awesome, it also has to be said how much time and effort he has done in bringing everything together to a final product. 

Hope people enjoy it and do spread the good word. 

Roll on episode 2... 

Edited by MDRLOz

Can't wait to see more. ^^

Loki is my all-time favourite frame, and I like his constantly switching accent. Pretty creative!

And all these were really taken in-game?! Wow. The arms-folded-behind-back portion for Vauban totally got me fooled. I've never seen him do that before. 

I am sure we will make a post/thread listing  the little tricks and *cough* bugs that can be used to help get better shots and effects at some point. 

If only so that, hopefully, DE leaves them in so that we and others can do cool stuff like this. 

Cool :O

It'd be nice if DE really went further for user-generated content, though. If you could make your own movies or series more easily, then Warframe itself would become more famous. Not to mention there are so many awesome ideas just waiting to be made!

@MDRLOz

Please don't make me think about episode 2 right now, I've just managed to finish the first one and I've got to get that competition done before anything else... Oh my outmoded concept on a crutch or random fluctuations in the space time continuum, I just came up with the best idea for a episode 2! Damn it you got me thinking about it.

@Calayne

To be honest, and think Loz would agree with me on this one, the hardest part was to get all the audio recorded. The video part only took about 5 hours to record but the audio took many attempts. We will also definitely list the bugs and effects we used to produce Faulty Frame Squad. I think conceptually we've been working on this since December last year but only just made it happen in the last month.

@Enip

I'm so happy you found it and I'd have to consult with Loz but I wouldn't call this the first machinima as there is also Rhino Ninja. I suppose it's a question of what does it take to call it a machinima. We fully intend to keep it up ^_^.

@Gekker

I'm happy you like it.

So it's safe to say that this first episode has gone down very well. I've additionally added on the subtitles for English in case you found it hard to hear what's being said. Additionally Loz and I will be discussing this episode in the next Tenno Clock so if you have any questions you'd like to ask us we'll answer them there... ask them here though.

~Xeno

p.s. I really want to thank everyone for helping again (this will probably happen a few more times)

Edited by Xenogelion

Hellz yeah. Hey, maybe you wanna link your Tenno Clock in the main post, too? Since you mentioned it, sounds like a good idea that the people here may wanna know what else you've been up to! 

Surprised to hear that the audio's been the hardest part for that :O

It all sounds really good, though!

@Calayne

To be honest, and think Loz would agree with me on this one, the hardest part was to get all the audio recorded. The video part only took about 5 hours to record but the audio took many attempts. 

It all sounds really good, though!

I really should stop posting in here, however after keeping quiet till episode one was completely done I just want to talk and talk. 

The sounds and music are important things and to me that is what can make or break something in my opinion. 

Drew was a stickler for getting sounds and things just right. Getting environment and effect sounds right also. Hard work like that pays off.

The voices also sound great. I did not expect to get such good results from just the general microphones we use every day. The post recording effects are great to. I have heard a lot of these before and after changing and the difference is amazing. 

However I would say trying to get some locations scouted caused some problems. Right now I don't want to see a corpus ship or reactor room. 

Edited by MDRLOz

I loved this and i LOVE THAT LOKI. Loki is my favorite frame and i feel that this portray him pretty well. I cant help but wonder through... does he know his in a movie? Also you guys are awesome for making this. This is really something good that the community needs and i hope alot of people pick up on this.

FINALLY!!! MACHINIMA!!!!! I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS TO BE A REALITY!!!!!!

If I may, consider this my audition for future roles: 

Or I could just audition based on what you want for the character - either way PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT THIS!!!

@Septin:

Hey man. Yes I was hearing from Yui that Loki is going down very well. Does Loki know he's in a movie? hmm, that's a good question *ponders*. Thank you for being so supportive.

@Sutherland/ThatKail:

Great to hear you from you via the forum. I'll definitely be interested in seeing the stuff you come up with in Steam Film Maker. There is something I want to do but no one has create the model.

@Morec0:

Greetings and must I say that is a fabulous track and audio effect. Weirdly enough you're the second person to offer in such a short span of time. Loz and myself need to sit down and seriously consider all the requests and work out if we can fit anyone into the series. I don't want an X-men: Last Stand to happen with the series when it's so fresh. We'll en devour to keep everyone informed.

@Noponis:

Thanks man! Loz and myself also do a special series called Tenno Clock which you may find interesting.

Just to point out to everyone if you want any questions answered about the series you need to post them before Sunday.

Edited by Xenogelion

@Septin:

Hey man. Yes I was hearing from Yui that Loki is going down very well. Does Loki know he's in a movie? hmm, that's a good question *ponders*. Thank you for being so supportive.

@Sutherland/ThatKail:

Great to hear you from you via the forum. I'll definitely be interested in seeing the stuff you come up with in Steam Film Maker. There is something I want to do but no one has create the model.

@Morec0:

Greetings and must I say that is a fabulous track and audio effect. Weirdly enough you're the second person to offer in such a short span of time. Loz and myself need to sit down and seriously consider all the requests and work out if we can fit anyone into the series. I don't want an X-men: Last Stand to happen with the series when it's so fresh. We'll en devour to keep everyone informed.

@Noponis:

Thanks man! Loz and myself also do a special series called Tenno Clock which you may find interesting.

Just to point out to everyone if you want any questions answered about the series you need to post them before Sunday.

I've seen some file extractors around and I know basic rigging... however I can't promise anything really. I'm still a newbie.

I wish DE would be like valve and just release or let us do some SFM stuff with their models. Really creative stuff can come from it.

I too would like to offer my services as a voice actor... with experience on past works of machinima, podcasting and an unreleased Skyrim mod (as well as an active one), I'm no newbie to such productions. :)

I'd volunteer to voice Rhino but I think there's only 1 man who can voice Rhino now in machinima...

Edited by LordOda