Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player Controlled Stalker

seren77

I'm sure someone has probably thought of this before, and honestly the first time I seen the stalker I was wondering if we got invaded. Because I played a lot of Demons Souls back in the day. in Which not only could you invade other peoples games as your character but you could also control some bosses.

So wouldn't be cool if you could just click play as stalker, and if anyone was around that was suitable for a visit from the stalker you'd load in as him and who knows what you'd get, maybe 4 vets with a 6 formad synapse, maybe someone an unranked frame. 

Would be so much fun, and make stalker far more challenging for everyone. I highly doubt DE would do this, but I can dream.

I've seen this idea more than just a little...

I'll just say this: I don't think it would work well with this game. I'll leave my reasoning out, partly because I am rather inebriated right now, partly because the reasons have been posted so many times before in so many threads.

ive suggested this before aswell. made a thread, got suggestions - but it seemed that it wont happen.

my idea was in a mode that has a cooldown and you have to do stuff in order to invade one's mission but also comes with balanced stats and altered abilities , guns are also balanced, the idea was to give a pseudo-pvp in the game. and for an introduction of turncoat tenno groups just to give twists to the plot.

but my idea was long forgotten, and has been buried into the trash bin of the forums lol.

i actually suggested this awhile back, though in mine instead of a button to play stalker when stalker was warranted a RNG (i know more RNG but whatever) system would pick a random online player and send them and in game message asking if they would like to play the stalker the player says no the RNG rolls again to find another if the player says yes they go as the stalker to the preassigned target (they don't get to chose, keeps out favoritism and griefing)  they do not get to see any info about their target other then that player has a aura around them to mark them as the target (also to help with the griefing and favoritism) if they lose they get nothing if they down their target they some reward (potato BP or something to make people want to play the stalker and win besides the cool factor lol. 

This idea is brought up a couple times a week and well no.

You want to go ruin other peoples games then go play Dark souls 2 that just came out and will probably want to be more to your liking. 

I never invaded one person in those games,  Dark Souls 2 does not appeal to me. But yey for assumptions?

I think perhaps if the stalker frame was exchanged for Ash people would probably be happier and it would fit in also because of the new changes coming with being able to use certain warframe abilities that are general ones. If they didn't swap out ash then maybe a Stalker type frame because in my opinion ash isn't stealth and you don't really get the feeling of darkness and being a ninja with ash. Just saying.

If this is done then i'd want all chat from the stalker player to be disabled. No mic, no text, no nothing. They show they fight they win or die but I don't want to hear them while they do it.

I don't want this in the game, I don't pvp anything for a reason. Muting the players would mitigate some of that.

Edited by NevanChambers