Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trade A Warframes Aura Slot. To Have Zanuka As A Sentinel

(PSN)Micnice614

I'd like a see introduced through tenno research Zanuka as a sentinel. That would assume the aura slot of the current selected warftame. A frame that has its own mods. An ability called gather. at max will chase specific items as needed vs. getting all items/resources/mods dropped. 

Yeah, mod it correctly, stay near the pod on Outer Terminus and Zanuka will kill everything in sight, collect the resources, mods... No. Even now you can mod your Dethcube to do Defences without needing to actually do anything by yourself. I can only imagine how powerful Zanuka would be.

• 2 months later...

There s alrdy a thread about this. We agreed a zanuka-LIKE (as in the same model) would be cool. Abilities would have to be determined & nova profile video hints a "tenno council" crafted her so a pet with tenno like abilities would be possible lore-wise.

With optionnal trolls/afkers hunt to build it (my suggestion, had a bad public team-finding day)

that said +1, all for it, model way cooler than future kubrow pet (at least in my opinion , tell me if you think different)

Edited by manub

eff that. i'd want to play as zanuka period

Yes, we keep monster robots made of our dead friends as pets.

/logic

what if it was done more tastefully?

like instead of getting a loved one cremated, you made them into a deadly dog robot to kill things for you

Yes, we keep monster robots made of our dead friends as pets.

/logic

And here we go, an idea that could properly work out instead of getting actual feedback gets this kind of people.

OT since we're going to get Kubrows I think we won't have to sacrifice anything for a dog proxy. I would consider the Kubrows being tht test of follower pet ai before moving on to other types of pets.

If it were to be done I'd prefer it was done as either clantech, or requiring some work to get, or once the proxy was system arrives perhaps making it so it becomes a reward for a total siding with the Corpus (and you'd get a special 'bodyguard' in the case of the Grineer).

• 4 weeks later...

Since ive been playing this game this is common especially with pc players. Zanuka was made by alad v using tenno parts, however as a clantech we wouldnt be using tenno parts. Valkyr was a failed alad v experiment as well. So ur argument is a mute point. Additionally, the idea came from wasting hours in defense and mobile d missions just to have a noob jump in my game and cause the mission to fail. Id prefer to play solo with a zanuka like sentinel. A far as worm goes its probably my least favorite.    Thanks @ grandmaster for seeing through the slighted responses and thinking logically

Technically, zanuka for all intents and purposes is a tenno. So no i dont want a frankensteined monster. But a new researched tenno also designed by Alad V. With fresh parts built like every other tenno from raw materials 

Seriously?^^' considering that Zanuka is even remotely or even "technically" a Tenno... *facepalm*

"What defines what or who you are is what you do". Ever heard that one?^^'

Zanuka is NOT a Tenno, not technically, and certainly not "for all intents and purposes"...

It's just the incarnation of Salad V troubled mind. He has issues, in case you didn't notice.^^

eff that. i'd want to play as zanuka period

like instead of getting a loved one cremated, you made them into a deadly dog robot to kill things for you

Yeah, when I die I'd like to have my body cremated or buried and not brought back as some zombierobotdog hybrid.  In fact I'm gonna put that in my will and if my surviving next of kin refuse to do so then I'm gonna come back as a ghost and haunt them.

And I won't be one of those pop up every now and then and tap on a wall or door and go "wwhhhhhoooooooooo" ghost either.  I'm gonna be a loud, annoying, obnoxious, shove you down the steps, party hard when you're sleeping, throwing things all over the place in your face ghost.

so lets rehash:

- The idea is for a pet that uses the Harvester/Zanuka model that utilizes abilities from those mobs and the coming Kubrow pet. 

- People feel that Zanuka is an enemy unit made from Tenno components and is thus distasteful to have as a pet.

I'm just going to say it now. What exactly makes you guys think that the Tenno wouldn't be willing to use the design of the unit? You know, the same guys who frequently take weapon designs used by their enemy and make far superior versions of them. What makes you think the Tenno would have to make this Zanuka-like proxy the same way as Avad V? Alad is stabbing in the dark, fumbling around with technology he doesn't understand. The Tenno aren't. We frequently build warframes from basic components, we understand the technology at least to a greater degree. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the Tenno would see the use of such a unit and/or have the capability to produce the unit without resorting to grave robbing.

Edited by CrashLegacy14

so lets rehash:

- The idea is for a pet that uses the Harvester/Zanuka model that utilizes abilities from those mobs and the coming Kubrow pet. 

- People feel that Zanuka is an enemy unit made from Tenno components and is thus distasteful to have as a pet.

I'm just going to say it now. What exactly makes you guys think that the Tenno wouldn't be willing to use the design of the unit? You know, the same guys who frequently take weapon designs used by their enemy and make far superior versions of them. What makes you think the Tenno would have to make this Zanuka-like proxy the same way as Avad V? Alad is stabbing in the dark, fumbling around with technology he doesn't understand. The Tenno aren't. We frequently build warframes from basic components, we understand the technology at least to a greater degree. It doesn't seem unreasonable that the Tenno would see the use of such a unit and/or have the capability to produce the unit without resorting to grave robbing.

Exactly.

We can make Spectres.

so lets rehash:

^Grave robbing. Exactly.

Exactly.

We can make Spectres.

^Oh good point! Spectres!

y.

Edited by Marthrym

• 3 weeks later...

Again thanks to the people that actually read through the post. Its funny to read when Tenno repeatedly interject

what they mistook as the gyst of a given subject and argue adamantly against an idea that was never my point to begin with. The argument im hearing is that no one wants to mangle another tenno and use those parts to build a zanuka. Thats good, neither do I. What i would like is to play high level missions solo that are impossible to do at this time simply because one cant cover the entire level, even with the most suped up warframe you cant occupy two intercept point simultaneously.  Additionally, the argument that you care about your fellow frames is a fallacy because we kill other tenno in rail warfare and in conclave. The materials to build something like this would be salvage oxium argon crystals ferrite and a new rare material vibramantium. Outside the functionality of the "pet" class its robotic form could also have a mount or hoverboard function.  

Nothing more tasteful than having your dead friend's amputated body parts spliced together into a loyal murderbot. Right?

Again thanks to the people that actually read through the post. Its funny to read when Tenno repeatedly interject

what they mistook as the gyst of a given subject and argue adamantly against an idea that was never my point to begin with. The argument im hearing is that no one wants to mangle another tenno and use those parts to build a zanuka. Thats good, neither do I. What i would like is to play high level missions solo that are impossible to do at this time simply because one cant cover the entire level, even with the most suped up warframe you cant occupy two intercept point simultaneously.  Additionally, the argument that you care about your fellow frames is a fallacy because we kill other tenno in rail warfare and in conclave. The materials to build something like this would be salvage oxium argon crystals ferrite and a new rare material vibramantium. Outside the functionality of the "pet" class its robotic form could also have a mount or hoverboard function.  

What a flawed argument. When you made this thread, PvP Rail warfare didn't even exist, so you can hardly use that as rationale for your "it's okay to have a pieced-together corpsebot as a pet".

Of course, that's not the only thing thrown against your idea, but you're pretending it is. And you just say those people just "mistook" your idea. No, people understand it. They just think it's not good.

And here we go, an idea that could properly work out instead of getting actual feedback gets this kind of people.

OT since we're going to get Kubrows I think we won't have to sacrifice anything for a dog proxy. I would consider the Kubrows being tht test of follower pet ai before moving on to other types of pets.

If it were to be done I'd prefer it was done as either clantech, or requiring some work to get, or once the proxy was system arrives perhaps making it so it becomes a reward for a total siding with the Corpus (and you'd get a special 'bodyguard' in the case of the Grineer).

Thank you sir, i got the same reaction after seeing ppl's replies here. As for my 2 cents, again, i was in the same line of thought, comparing to kubrows and whatnot and how much potential de idea has, at the vert very least, as a skin!

Guess ppl mever player MG Revengeance here.

And in the worst case scenario, ppl aren't even thinking about the idea of a robotic dog fully created by tenno from zero, i mean, how awesome would that be? Gimme that over kubrows any day of the week.

If we are talking about something similar  to Zanuka in that it looks like about the same kind of proxy, sure I could somewhat get behind that. Regardless, it seems ridiculous to want something that overpowered as a companion. Promise it would steal the majority of your kills.

And this really would be pandering to the community a bit too much. People have been asking for a Zanuka-esque proxy since the damn thing was released a while back. First everyone wanted to play as Zanuka, then it was everyone wanting her as a sentinel, now it's as a pet, and some even want a skin for Kubrows that looks like her. 

This Zanuka fetish needs to die in my opinion. I don't think we will ever see her implemented as anything other than an enemy.

Edited by Kestral9999

If we are talking about something similar  to zanuka in that it looks like about the same kind of proxy, sure I could somewhat get behind that. Regardless, it seems ridiculous to want something that overpowered as a companion. Promise it would steal the majority of your kills.

Admmitedly i totally skipped that part of his idea, because, well, he will realize soon enough how OP tenno weaponry already is, i was indeed talking about a robotic dog as in MGR. That was awesome, we could even have him be as customizable as choosing his weapon loadout, melee using sword from tail, or MGs attached to his body, but not OPish of course, just cool and edgy!

Admmitedly i totally skipped that part of his idea, because, well, he will realize soon enough how OP tenno weaponry already is, i was indeed talking about a robotic dog as in MGR. That was awesome, we could even have him be as customizable as choosing his weapon loadout, melee using sword from tail, or MGs attached to his body, but not OPish of course, just cool and edgy!

And that was awesome in the single player hack and slash over the top game that is MGR. 

It doesn't really have much of a place in Warframe which requires tactics and teamwork to a certain degree.

Imagine joining a squad using all Zanuka proxies, each of them more OP than the last. Now, not only does your robopooch steal most of your kills because he's so damned OP but on top of that so are everyone else's. You would end up getting maybe 2000 exp for your primary weapon by the end of the match if you're lucky. As cool as a Zanuka companion is in theory, I can't see it ever fleshing out well.