Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12.4 Failed To Connect To Server

(PSN)CrazyDeadPerson

I get the same error message multiple times a day i can be sitting in the menu in the star chart, connecting to the dojo, in the market, in the foundry anywhere including after a mission waiting for it to show the mission rewards and I get the Failed To Connect to Server. It has cost me rewards in operations and blueprints in the Void. It is extremely frustrating.

In order to see if it was a problem with my installation after the hot fix was put in place I uninstalled Warframe, powered off my PS4 the installed the game again, powered off and started it up for the first time. Within 3 minutes I started getting this message again. 

Is there any reason for this problem is there a fix in sight? It only started happening after the 12.4 update.

Maybe I will post everytime I get this Failed to connect to server message when I have to log back in maybe then DE will acknowledge the ongoing problems with this update, yes we know its no longer hard locking the systems but what about this error and the one where it doesn't save progress those are equally annoying and we can't progress if we keep getting logged out of the dang system.

Got the error message again this time I was not even in game since the last time it had logged me out. I was on the Warframe splash screen I clicked the X button to log back in and wouldn't you know it. I was given the same message again. 

Failed to connect to server. You will be logged out. 

Seriously since I started posting this 3 freaking times unacceptable. 

Recently, literally, every thirty seconds, (not being blown out of proportions at all, I've timed it,) I am prompted with a message informing me that the client has "Failed to Connect to Server". Immediately afterwards, I am redirected to the login screen, ending all conversations through chat, disbanding all parties, resetting any changes to mods, gear, colors, anything you can dream of, is erased utterly. I am also aware that these kinds of things happen after a large update or patch, I understand this, but I am also aware, and share great concern for the fact that none of my friends are experiencing the issue to the extent that I am, and unless I decide to outright play with completely random players, or alone, I cannot expect to save any changes made to anything or even play any missions, making the Tethra's Doom event near impossible to do unless someone else hosts the lobby. Especially so, when I am looking for someone in the chat who we would need for a run, (and they pm me of course lol), and then like a real Christmas miracle, BAM! I'm put at the login and I can't respond to the person who took the time to tediousley scroll through the region list looking for me. Please fix this, E-M-P-H-A-S-I-S on the thirty second thing, I'm being 100% honest, I had to turn Warframe off and play something else because I couldn't even play with my friends, (Which of course breaks my heart , Warframe all te way!) please help me!

Hey -ATTACKO

A few points you make I want to dissect to get to the bottom of this issue affecting a lot of players (seeing reports on Twitter/forums/etc).

I know it's an obvious question, but this is a 'new' issue as of yesterday, correct?

Secondly, all this:

"unless someone else hosts the lobby."

"unless I decide to outright play with completely random players, or alone, I cannot expect to save any changes made to anything or even play any missions,"

I'm wondering what the host/client correlation is here - are you only able to connect if someone else hosts? If yes, how does playing alone factor in?

Please clarify as we get more reports on this,

Rebecca

Switched characters from nova go vauban and got the error message again. 

Tried going to dojo got the failure to connect to the multiplayer host message and it booted me out, soon as i got back to the main menu, you guessed it I got another failed to connect to server. you will be logged out message.

Tried going to dojo got the failure to connect to the multiplayer host message and it booted me out, soon as i got back to the main menu, you guessed it I got another failed to connect to server. you will be logged out message.

You tried to go to your clan's dojo, but someone else in the clan was hosting it in an active session (error sounds like that was the case), correct? Have you been able to host your own active Dojo session prior to this attempt?

Hey -ATTACKO

A few points you make I want to dissect to get to the bottom of this issue affecting a lot of players (seeing reports on Twitter/forums/etc).

I know it's an obvious question, but this is a 'new' issue as of yesterday, correct?

Secondly, all this:

"unless someone else hosts the lobby."

"unless I decide to outright play with completely random players, or alone, I cannot expect to save any changes made to anything or even play any missions,"

I'm wondering what the host/client correlation is here - are you only able to connect if someone else hosts? If yes, how does playing alone factor in?

Please clarify as we get more reports on this,

Rebecca

This is a new issue for me as of yesterday's update and hotfix. I get the error message sitting at the main menu. I clicked the X to start and was just as the main menu to type this message, and I got another failed to connect message, that is basically 2 failures within one minute of each other. I have been posting every instance in which I get the error. I will list them (some come when I get the other error message, could not update account information progress was not saved.  1. Sitting at the main menu doing nothing other than being idle. 2. In the chat menu just talking to clan or posting in trade. 3. When connecting to the dojo. When exiting the dojo when being host migrated in the dojo. 4. Switching from one warframe to the next one. 5. When finishing a mission on the screen to click exit once you receive the rewards. 6. It has happened when I set status to solo so I could finish off Ceres planet node. 7. Also when playing with random players, as well as with my normal group of 3 players from my clan. (i get the error and no rewards while they keep theirs. Happened a little while ago while doing an operation with a random it failed for me took me to the splash screen i attempted it again (same operation) and finally got credit for completing the operation. 8. In the void I will host the void mission using my key at the end i will get the message and no rewards when I check my keys I still have the key I used because it fails and logs me out however my team all keeps their rewards as normal. 9. Happened when I was transmuting (wasn't upset with this one as i didn't get anything good lol) 10. Happened when fusing weapons with duplicates or cores. Also when selling duplicate blueprints i no longer needed. 

For me I can do nothing or anything and I'm getting this error. Sitting idle causes this error. I have deleted the game and reinstalled it. I shut down my ps4 and then restart and open the game and it happens at random no rhyme or reason just happens and there is no way to predict what works and what doesn't.  I sincerely hope this helps.

You tried to go to your clan's dojo, but someone else in the clan was hosting it in an active session (error sounds like that was the case), correct? Have you been able to host your own active Dojo session prior to this attempt?

Sometimes yes I am able to go to the dojo, before I saw this message, I closed the game and reopened, I attempted to go to the dojo and it gave me the message again, however instead of booting me to the splash screen it took me to the dojo, this has happened several times as well. (i am in the dojo now)

Edited by (PS4)IceColdMalik

i thought this was notable i got the "failed to connect to server" error and while loading back to the main menu the screen went black and then showed a wierd thing, so i used the record feature of the ps4 that records the last 15:00 of gameplay and it showed in an inbox that someone recieved 99 passive focuses called "ancient retribution".

I am experiencing the exact same issue after update 12.4 (never happened before).  I have deleted the game and all the saved data but the issue is still there. "Failed to connect to server. You will be logged out" is the message I am constantly getting when sitting idle, joining a match, entering my dojo, chatting, basically anything. I've also noticed I did not get a login reward since the 12.4 update and I have (or had) over 2 months straight login days!! Please help, thanks!

Same as everyone else.  Been getting disconnected after changing stuff in the Arsenal, been getting the unable to save after missions more often than usual.  It's pretty bad.  Luckily I took a screenshot of my most recent game, like support said last time, in order to get some compensation.  It's a habit now, once the victory overview screen pops up I screenshot, because 50% of the time I'm getting "could not save info" after the patch and I'm getting sick of getting screwed out of affinity, mods and resources.  It's hard enough farming for some of these things, sucks to just lose them all.  I knew patch day would be horribly bad with so many people playing, and lo and behold very first game it couldn't save.  So I logged out, and waited till today.  Still getting these errors.  My connection isn't the fastest up here in AK, but I've watched as each patch makes this problem more and more pronounced. 

Disconnects/losing game data + bricking/crashing ps4s + getting screwed out of 1600 plat that PC players get but not PS4 via Prime + getting screwed out of St Patrick Day color scheme...  We are getting the short end of the stick.  And it sucks.

Edited by (PS4)AlaskeyLandshark

Been playin the event many times today and what happens when im in the middle of the game drop out of the game and says the same message connect to the server failed than reconnecting ever since this update including yesterday im being dropped out for like 4 mins max every time I try to go in. 

PLZ FOR SAKE FIX THIS!!!!

I am having the same issue. Had problems from the very beginning of update download. Took an unusually long time to download(1.5 hours) on Tuesday . Once that happened had issues with trying to accept invites. Got frustrated and Gave up and called it a day. On Wednesday, booted up game and things appears to be working, then started getting the same error message about "failure to connect to server" and booted to start screen. Within 2 hours of playing this happened 7-9 times. Mostly when I was in arsenal changing mods and sometimes when idle on star map:(

Is there a solution to fix this problem?????