Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Themistocles Warframe And Event (Updated 4/24/2014)

SpartanCommander

Themistocles warframe

What spawned the idea.

Well the first idea was that considering that according to the Codex what ever the Orokin had no matter how advanced the Sentients kept using it against them which would mean even their fleets were very vulnerable to the Sentients and the only weapon they had that wasn't vulnerable was the Tenno. So that would mean that the Orokin fleet was no match for the Sentients so they would have needed to build a type of ship that could be controlled by a Tenno to break through Sentient blockades and fleets to get to battles. So if would make sense if they built a type of ships that behaves like a warframe and it's controlled by a Tenno.

Meaning behind name

The original Themistocles was an Athenian General who served during the first Persian invasion of Greece. Then later he became a politician who was a strong advocate of building a strong Navy. This Navy became instrumental in the 2nd Persian invasion of Greece.

Codex

The rejects of the rejects they were once called. Ones who went through the Void but never gained anything.

They were weak, with little skill on the battlefield, with no apparent useful abilities.

That's what they were considers.

Fellow Tenno either looked down on them or pitted them.

Then during the war with the sentients the Orokin forces despite having an advantage now that they deployed the Tenno quickly discovered that the Tenno weren't susceptible to the Sentients the Orokin ships were and now they found they had their weapon but no way to deploy it.

Until a ship carrying a reject of a reject was assaulted by the Sentience did they discover their means.

When the attack came as the ship started to succumb the reject reject somehow managed to take control of the ship's computer network and forcefully connected himself to the ship. Thousands of systems, displays readouts flooded all at once that would be to much for any organic mind. However the void did give these rejects something but not of body or power but of mind. He was able to easily and quickly interpret the data and managed to save the ship.

Then after this the Orokin realized these rejects of rejects usefulness. They were given 2 special frames that provided a link directly to their minds. The second frame was a ship the ship was made just like how warframe tied to the rejects mind the two were a part of each other.

The rejects were now ship officers of the new Tenno fleet. Not the Tenno had ships that could stand against the Sentients and take them to the battlefields as well as take the fighting in the stars.

The rejects of rejects had now become champions in their own right.

Info

Unlike other Tenno who gained powers that can easily be used in combat the Themistocles powers do not have one. What they gained was a remarkable ability to miltitask thousands if not millions of tasks, events, schedules, and situations at once. This ability enable them to literally monitor all systems and even control a ship simply with his mind as he was able to easily keep track of an entire ship's systems as well as move about freely on the ship with no trouble with his mind on multiple task's at once.

Themistocles are renown for their ability to be one with their ships. One Themistocles is all that's needed to run the entire ship. All it's auto systems is very much self maintaining. Each Tenno ship is a formidable weapon of war. Heavily armed and armored with the capability of carrying troops to and from different planetary battlefields.

Despite being a fair liability in head to head fighting Themistocles do command formidable abilities.

Even outside of their ships they are sill part of it able to give commands for support even in the battlefield by giving reinforcements, or having the ship teleport in tactical explosive charges.

No wall can hide an enemy from an Themistocles scanners.

They are also capable of enhancing other Tenno's warframes targeting systems by networking their systems to his and thus enhancing their ability to target critical areas of enemies.

Themistocles powers

1. Tactical upload: cost- 25, which increases allies chances of critical hits for a limited time upgrades can increase the percentage as well as duration.

2. Reinforcements where 3 mech based reinforcements spawn in a Tenno like design which the type of reinforcement can vary from a common to rare through simple chance. Which can attack enemies and draw fire. They will follow you around where you go the only down side is that until their all wiped out you can't summon any more.

The most common can be like a rifle equipped one that acts more like a standard soldier.

A less common one can be one with hand to hand weapons. Next one armed with a rocket launcher.

The Rare ones can be like an Orokin drone that not only recharges shields but also heals.

The next rare can be like a large Mech with big guns and lots of hit points only with a large draw back. It's slow in comparison to everything else so despite the fire power it can be a major problem on missions where speed is more important thus if it is summoned it can render that power useless since it can't be used until the Large mech is destroyed. 

3. Threat Scan ability enables players to see the same way you do when you have the scanner activated to scan objects in the codex. However instead of scanning objects and enemies your seeing them behind walls enabling you to take aim at targets before you round corners.  This ability also filters to the other Tenno squad members as well giving them the same ability for a limited time.

4. The Package A final ability could be to teleport an explosive charge a certain distance in front of you that can be used to clear out clusters of enemies.

Stats

Health 100

Power 150

Armor 15

Shield capacity 100

Sprint Speed 1

Stamina 80

Tenno Cruisers

The main ships Themistocles Type warframes use are Cruisers able to move fast and carries a large amount of fire power.

The ships are capable of holding 3000 fellow Tenno in the troop bays. The ship also houses a large number of Automated mechs and drones that perform every duty a flesh and blood crew does.

Tenno Cruisers Tiles

Tenno Cruisers have distinct look about this looking very like a combination of a tenno suit in areas and a Dojo.

Some areas you can see the outside of the ship and you can see very large turrets instead of Gannons you see in Greneer ships. And they would occasionally rotate to fire.

Another area you can see Missiles moving long an area to a loader showing that it looks like the missiles are being fired at something as well.

The ship's layout also changes a bit as the ship reactivates. As tiles to nothing as the mission starts as Tenno the Cruiser's systems turn on things start happaning.

Like pipe work if you take them some of them will start filing with water and even push you back and flood as you try to move through them.

Assembly lines for drones will also activate and start assembling combat drones inside some areas you have to move through.

Their is also a Hanger bay with fully scan-able Tenno Dropships and Fighters which can add in some unique Lore into your Codex.

When you get into the Engineering section you get to see an advanced Engine room that's very much unlike the Greneer everything is in a very smooth look to it. As well as you get a large hologram of the ship to give you a good look as what a Tenno Cruiser looks like.

Eventually your forced to fight your way through the barracks of the ship using various areas like beds and lockers for cover.

In some open areas when the ship activates you see tramways that carry things like large cargo containers in the back ground and in other areas you can see passenger trams moving around and you can even get to travel in one to get to another area of the ship.

Some rooms will shift around to reveal changes as power flows though as well like a section will change to reveal a sniper's tower, or more cover will start to spring up.

XXXXX

Mission Event

Part 1.

It starts with a message from the Lotus:

“Tenno I have received some strange reports lately about the Corpus shipping some high value information. Oddly enough according to the info the Corpus isn't trusting this information on any computer systems and it's being held by a currier to be taken directly to a high ranking official in the Corpus.”

“This is most unusual since the Corpus's seems to view having this information on a computer system to be a liability. It must be highly valuable if the Corpus is actually not trusting their own technology to keep it safe. Tenno we must capture the Currier to be interrogated and for any useful messages he may have on him.”

“Be aware he is under heavy guard.”

The mission begins as a standard capture mission only the squad is after 1 currier not 2.

Part 2.

After capturing the Currier Lotus suddenly contacts you with some urgent info.

“Tenno the Currier has given us some alarming information that can both potentially be a disaster or a major boon to us. The Corpus has been Tracking several Greneer scout fleets in an empty region of space and soon after one of the fleet ships returned the Greneer had started to amass a large fleet. So the Corpus investigated and they discovered a long lost Tenno fleet that is actually still serviceable.”

Right now the Corpus has also dispatched their own scouting fleet and now both the Greneer and Corpus has started to board the Tenno ships to secure them and are now in battle. As this is happening the Corpus is also bringing together their own fleet to engage the Greneer.”

Intelligence reports show that the Greneer are actually fielding a few of their available Fmelordian ships in this fleet.

Tenno we can't allow either the Greneer or Corpus to capture this fleet. For to long we have been unable to have the resources to stand up to either the naval capacity of the Greneer or Corpus. This will help even our standing with them. We must retake the Tenno fleet ourselves.

Essentially while the Greneer and Corpus fleets are fighting eachother the Tenno uses this change to try to retake the Tenno fleet before either side managed to bet the other.

The mission starts in an air lock that the Tenno Squad enter in. Then Lotus tells the squad that the ship is swarming with Corpus and Greneer. They will likely need to fight their way through to capture and control 4 vital points on the ship. It's up to the squad which one to take first. Capturing each point grants different help through out the mission. The Bridge, Engineering, Security, and the Armory

Engineering which activates the various computer systems on the ship which as the ship powers on the Tenno can access terminals that can reactivate some devices in the tiles like Mech spawner's, and even rooms will start to change.

Security activates the various Turrets through out the ship.

The Armory activates dispensers and all the lockers though out the ship that dispenses ammo, energy and medical supplies.

The Bridge activates a barrier system in between every tile similar to those security fields the Grenner uses in their doorways which doesn't harm Tenno but harms the AI enemies.

There is a larger than normal number of Greener in this mission than in others which will force the squad to try to take advantage of what the ship can do to aid the squad.

Along the way after some of the ship's systems start activating as well as changes happen to the ship's tiles but there are some terminals you can hack to give your group advantages in areas.

The mission is finished once the Tenno have captured all 4 points in the ship.

At the end of the even the Players could be given a treat by having a small movie where you see the Tenno fleet powering up and starts to leave the area by fighting their way through the Corpus and Greneer fleets and once they get through the ships escape.

(If any one has idea on how to improve this I'm open to them I think what I put down could use some work)

XXXXXXXXXXXX

I made a version of a mission for this earlier but I'm still working on remaking it if anyone has ideas on what they would like to have in an event involving getting these Tenno and their ships let me know what you would like to see and I'll see what I can do.

If anyone has thoughts on to add on or change let me know I am curious what other people think. Especially what people would think the interior of a Tenno ship or exterior of a tenno cruiser should look like.

You know it would be funny to also have some talking Ordis has while the Tenno has that warframe equipped. Like Ordis saying, "Operator you don't have to check my micromanaging everything is well in hand. [glitch] Personal space!"

I'm also open to peoples ideas on what this Tenno type should look like. Personally I keep thinking on something that looks a bit like an old fashioned Naval officer's uniform but any other thoughts is ok.

Edited by SpartanCommander

Normally I hate fanframe concepts, this is a decent and unusual one though, Its kinda decent. a +1 for you!

Wont be taken in the game though because DE seems to like S#&$ty frame concepts that have fancy drawings more.

Edited by Genoscythe

What if Themistocles introduced the ability to "infect" a ship and CHANGE IT TO A GIGANTIC WARFRAME please observe this video from youtube(I believe his post is legal)

That's what I thought when I first read this concept ! 

Using any ship as a weapon would be great, but as there are few non-ship tilesets it would not be totally viable ^^ 

Great work Spartan !

Keep this thread going :)

What if Themistocles introduced the ability to "infect" a ship and CHANGE IT TO A GIGANTIC WARFRAME please observe this video from youtube(I believe his post is legal)

Thanks I think I understand what you mean but I'm not 100% sure.  When I clicked on the link it said video not available in your country.

So I can't completely be sure I'm understanding what your saying so I can't fully agree or digress.

Just to help make this interesting would you guy's prefer if this warframe had the capability to perminetly subvert tile static defenses.  Like turn auto Turrets or those arc traps to your own cause?

Also I'm still open to any suggestions anyone would like to offer about what kind of things I should include in an event that involves a warframe like this.

Also any suggestion for a random reinforcement unit is also welcome.

Just to help make this interesting would you guy's prefer if this warframe had the capability to perminetly subvert tile static defenses.  Like turn auto Turrets or those arc traps to your own cause?

Would be awesome, but those things are too situational :/ 

As it is, your abilities are really interesting and don't need a specific situation to be used.

A good idea.  Would it be interesting that as you capture points some area of the ship start shifting around as the Tenno Cruiser starts to reactivate?

Like in some areas of the Oroken Ships where you see tramways and the objects their on move down it,  Their could be a similar system in the tenno ship.

Let's see I will first invite anyone to come up with a suggestion to post.

But what about a Tile area than when you reclaim the bridge an open looking meeting area starts to have a section that rises up like a speeker section and then it can suddenly be used as a sniping tower.

Or an area your going through on the way to engineering that looks like a series of pipes and when you aftivate it and jump back in the pipes suddenly flood with water.

How about another tile area that's involves a hanger bay?  one that actually gives players a clear view of the Tenno Dropship they see in every level that brings them to and from missions and enables you to scan the dropship into your Lore.

Oh damn, I would love it !

I've seen on the last devstream there will be a new room in the dojo, where you will see some dropships flying around. 

A first step in this direction ?

Now I really wish the members of my clan logged on more than they do.  So far I'm not the most active member and all the higher ranked ones that can do research and construction.

But anyway would having tenno fighters in the hanger also be cool?  I mean you can't have a good space battle of a fighterbay without fighters right?