Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Cqb Iai Frames - Lycorise (Concept Art / Gif Included)

Disthe

This one is a very familiarized - lai style u may have seen in many games or movie referred to Japanese culture.

The originality won't be too much but sure awesomeness to put it into here.

Mantildejusaka.jpg

With upcoming melee 2.0, I introduce you guys a close quarters battle frame - LYCORISE. (Side skirt and his deadly skills resemble to that name)

LYCORISE does not possess skill for closer the gap expect the fragile salved daggers, the advanced parkour skills is needed for player to play him well.

Skill 1 - Red Spider

Cost 17

Cast a short period boost to melee weapon by rubbing his energy into it. LYCORSE start losing health in time but regain health in every successful landed melee attack.

S1.gif

Skill 2 - Radiata

Cost 57
Leave countless slash afterimages. Arc DoT.

S3a.gif

Skill 3 - Salved Daggers

Cost 37
Release 5 daggers from spinal and float around LYCORSE deflecting projectiles and melee attacks up to 5.

S2.gif

Skill 4 - Manjushage

Cost 107

Foes in front of LYCORISE will be pulled toward him due to the ultra-quick draw then unleash a devastating slash. However, the slash range is very limited.

S4a.gif

P.S. Skills like Radiata and Manjushage are cast out with his dedicated sword hidden in side sheath instead of player equipped melee weapon.

-------------------------------------------------

Misc

The Stance

Manjusaka_Rifle.jpg

The dedicated sword hidden in both sides' hip sheath 

Setsuna.png

Helmet inspiration (cross section of a katana)

NihontouSteels.jpg

P.S. This concept was introduced last year but sadly lived under Vergil's shadow. DMC halo too bright, right? Anyway, this would be absolutely cool to see iai quick draw in Warframe!

Edited by Disthe

Dunno know why the text is gray.

I failed to change its color code after I notice this strange. Could anyone please tell me a way to change so?

Look up how to use BB code and assign a different color for the text, might work.

EDIT: Looks something like [coIor=blargh] [/coIor]

Edited by ConcretePie

Look up how to use BB code and assign a different color for the text, might work.

EDIT: Looks something like [coIor=blargh] [/coIor]

Thanks for saving me from a non-pretended trolling :D

His figure reminds me of Saito Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin.

Yes, iai style (quick draw) is too famous in various games or comic. I can tell you there are a loads of them.

Edited by Disthe

I like. Would Use it in a heart beat. Though not sure about whatever's going on around the sheathes of his dedicated swords. Seems a bit... odd and distracts a bit from the smooth design. I like it and + 1, just those tendrils are a bit odd.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I would play it.

My only suggestion is to add an augment mod to the floating daggers attack that allows them to instead be an aggressive shield that shoots a dagger every-time someone gets to close rather than be purely defensive. 

Edited by borgender