Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

~ Kárma ~ The Energy-Warframe

-VS-AtLasVegas

Hey guys and girls =)

After concerning all types of Warframes, that are available now, I asked myself, what we could still miss for more detailed strategic team-builds. 

So the very first aspect that came to my mind was, that we don't have any support for energy and stamina of Warframes.

That's why I would propose a candidate: The master of Energy - KÁRMA. (or of course the male version "KÁRMAN")

Shield – 130 (390 at lvl30)

Health – 130 (390 at lvl30)
Power – 180 (300 at lvl30)
Armor – 105
Sprint Speed – 1.1
Stamina – 80
Polarities – 4 x "=" , 1 x "~" , 1 x "D"
Aura Polarity – "~"

I am (like the most guys out there ;) a big fan of the Dragon Ball saga, so that I would suggest to make the main Energy ability to look like a saiyajins powerup :D

(1) Energy Blast  ~ 30 energy

- Kárma sends an energy spark over the ground and hits enemies in its way (70/90/110 magnetic dmg + 70/90/110 corrosive dmg  by 40% proc).

- 1/1,5/2 m spark radius dmg.

- Additionally the spark overcharges energy orbs (maybe health orbs as well) in 2/3,5/5m radius and let them explode with 600 explosive-dmg each in 1m radius (dmg falloff: 400dmg in 2,5m and 200dmg in 5m). 

- Beware - the orb-explosion does 200 shield-dmg in 5m radius to allied.

(2) Floating Ki (/ Ch'i) ~  1 energy

Kárma focus' the energy around her and power-up herself and everyone in 5/10/15m radius to her with energy. While this process she can't move.

- Course of the intense stress, which is caused by this ability she is running out of stamina and shields.

31 energy every 4/3/2s = -40 stamina -150 shields

- Kàrma still needs min. 1 energy to initiate this power.

- Stamina and Shields don't restore while the power-up.

2953448-super+saiyan+god+(3).png

(3) Aura of Peace  ~ 70 energy

Kárma creates an adrenalin-draining aura around her, that suppresses all aggression.

- Enemies in the radius of 10/18/25 m stop for 7/11/15 s any sort of attacks and sit down on their knees for meditation. 

Two ways of yin:

1. Meditating enemies reflect 25/35/45% of incoming dmg in a random direction (the rest harms them). Reflected dmg has magnetic type and do proc with 25%. 

2. This ability will have to cool down for the same amount of time (10/14/18s). While the cool down all affected surviving enemies will get a 25%/35%/45% dmg buff.

- Before casting this ability, the player won't know which of the two yin will be active.

piccolo_meditating_dbz_episode_206.jpg

(4) Eternal Rebirth  ~ initiating 20 + 25 energy per enemy over 5 waves

Kárma unleashes a powerful energy-stream directed into the ground, which travels to enemies in range (20/28/35) and misguide their life-forces while tearing them apart as if they were cut through with sabers.

- This ability needs 20 energy to initiate the waves.

- She uses per enemy 5 additional energy each wave (e.g. 10 enemies = 20 init. + 50 energy per wave ; =270 energy after 5 wv.) and deals 100/200/300 slash-dmg per hit.

- Energy costs can't be reduced by mods.

- Each wave gets stronger - every following wave gains 20 bonus dmg (max 300,320,340,360,380).

- Maximum are 5 energy-waves with 1700 dmg and 30% proc each wave.

- One Wave per second - while this attack all affected living targets will be stun-locked.

- Kárma will stop (and save energy and time), if all enemies are killed or if the player jumps and Kárma looses contact to the ground. However she will also stop, if she runs out of energy for the waves (for example too many enemies affected). 

- This ability can't drain the energy completely - it will always leave at least 1 energy (e.g. if one enemy is in range and you have only 25 energy left, you won't be able to cast it).

- Enemies that get killed by this attack, get resurrected as smaller blue souls and target the next Tenno that needs energy (grant 30/35/40 energy each).  

3z5nh5nm56rwngdfwvoi59haq.1000x563x1.jpg

An ability that would grant an immediate full energy restore is to my mind a game breaking element, that's why I tried to keep it as an over-time usage that is more powerful and mobile than trinitys energy ability. 

(I use DB pictures only as an example - course drawing myself would cost me a lot of time and wouldn't look very nice ;)

~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to post any sort of suggestions! Point out the weak-points and more =)

Any concept art is highly appreciated! Feel free to dignify Karma's warframe-ish looks!

Lets create some new and nice support frames for this game ;)

~~~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoy =)

------------------

PS: The Stamina-Warframe will come soon - I think it is tactical better to split them up. As a name I thought of "Atlas or Atlant" (and no - not course it is part of my nick ;). It is one of the mythical titans, that had to held up the sky for the eternity - so a better example for durability will be hard to find :) .

PPS: Atlant concept is now up! You can find the Stamina Warframe setup HERE.

>>>>>

#EDIT1 = Adjusted the dmg falloff and some more detailed timers.

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

Hey guys and girls =)

After concerning all types of Warframes, that are available now, I asked myself, what we could still miss for more detailed strategic team-builds. 

So the very first aspect that came to my mind was, that we don't have any support for energy and stamina of Warframes.

That's why I would propose a candidate: The master of Energy - KÁRMAN. (or of course the female version simply "KARMA")

make it a girl warframe

Do i miss the point entirely or isnt this a support warframe?^_^

I honestly think that this concep doesnt offer anything new, compared to existing concepts, also it only seems like you just summed up all the most awesome features of dragonball Z as opposed to thinking about whats viable to the game.

Thx for the feedback  :) - 

@ St0l3n_ID ~ Both, the Energy and Stamina concept Warframes, are created as a support type with a damaging ult (Oberon-typed). 

Warframe concepts for Energy&Stamina ! The ultimate Support-Duo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Karma - Master of Energy

Atlant - Master of Endurance

The Karma concept is designed to offer a mobile energy-supply for the whole team (in contrast to the static and slow supply by Trinity). No features of dragon ball were used here - only the suggestion for the final animations (the pictures were only an illustration). 

I know how much work it is to add a complete new code into a game with so many separate elements, that's why I stayed realistic and used the possibilities, which the game already has to offer to close the gap in the tactical constellations. My focus was on the balance to all other Warframes and fluid usability in-game.

-------

@ Drunken_Child The first ability deals 800 dmg, only, if it overcharges nearby energy orbs and let them explode. Still I adjusted it and added a dmg fall-off. The friendly dmg remains the same. Please let me know, if something still don't fit! 

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

• 2 months later...