Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Twin Warframes : A Light And A Shadow Who Work Together - Detailed Boss Fight Added ("art" Inside)

DeadScream

LORE ------------------------

We discovered a distorted Orokin Tower in the void. Shattered with screams of it's own will. We don't understand, Tenno. 

But this tower has created an entity of Light and Darkness, spreading Chaos everywhere. 

"It" eliminated all of the defenses of the Tower, and all of the corrupted units who were here. 

Stick together, and find it. You will hear it's painful cries, stay focused. 

[Deliver me...] ~ 

You walk in a devastated Orokin Tower, full of corpses and broken walls. 

~ [Are you here for me ? ]

[What are you ? Are you just like me ?...] ~                               ~ [What...am...I ? 

Of Light and Darkness, you find a humanoid form, hitting the ground hard with it's bleeding fists. 

[STOP ME, NOW ! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main idea :

A male light warframe and a female shadow warframe, using almost the same abilities but with different effects.
The thing is, putting them together in a squad would alterate their powers. Instead of being Light and Shadow, they become Chaos.

This "Chaos form" is the boss you would have to defeat in a devasted Orokin Tower in order to collect the pieces of these warframes. "It" would use the combined versions of the twin's powers.

THE CHAOS FORM : (Detailed Boss Fight)

Stats

600 health, 

600 shields,

500 energy,

armor 70,

sprint speed 2.0

Weapon : Corrupted Galatine - fast moving, longer blade, high damage. 

Powers : 

- Chaos Clone : creates a perfect copy of itself for 10 seconds. 

- Chaos Aura : reduces our defenses and reduces it's visibility for 10 seconds (not totally invisible but hard to see)

- Chaos Blast : unleashes a light ray with the left hand and a dark ray with the right hand, performing a circular attack and finally joining them to unleash the blast. - The best thing to do is getting at a higher place to avoid the rays, and get farther to avoid the 20m radius explosion.

- Radial dispel : disables our abilities for 10 seconds and deals 500 blast+radiation damage.

What we have to do during the fight : 

- Due to it's only blade as a weapon, the Chaos Form focuses on one player, mainly using his clone ability to dominate him or attack another one. The deal is, if another player gets in close range or attacks him from any distance, he will change his behavior and start using his other abilities (here it becomes dangerous). 

- Then, what can we do to help this player if we shouldn't attack ? Focus on the clone, and damage the Chaos Form as much as possible when it jumps back on a dark distorted pillar to regen it's energy (3 seconds for full regen, and never does it without casting a last clone before).

- Four energy pillars surround every room in the ruined Tower. Destroying them and preventing the Chaos Form from getting to another room would help a lot. 

THE TWIN WARFRAMES :

Both twins would share the same stats : 

Max rank (30) 

- Health : 300

- Shield : 300

- Energy : 250

- Armor : 35

- Sprint speed : 1.0

Luxys, the light.

#1 - Mirror - cost 50 - Creates a clone of light on the left side of Luxys, which will act exactly the same for 3/4/5/6 sec and attract enemy fire. The clone has exactly the same damage output as the caster, but doesn't directly aim at your actual targets. It just does the same things than you, including abilities.

#2 - Aura of Light - cost 50 - Reduces the accuracy of surrounding enemies during 10/12/14/16 sec. The area follows the caster and covers a 20m radius (not affected by power range)

#3 - Light Ray - cost 75 - Casts a high damaging ray of light which will travel instantly on a 50m distance, dealing 500/600/700/800 heat+radiation damage on a 4m width (affected by power range) and knocking back enemies. The ray lasts 3 seconds and can be redirected as the caster aims at an other place.

#4 - Ban The Shadow - cost 100 - Instantly disables any offensive enemy ability in a 20m radius for a 10/14/18/22 sec duration. It also stops ongoing powers such as the fire leader's growing fire blast. Also deals 500 radiation damage with 25% proc chance to any enemy in the area.

Tenebris, the shadow.

#1 - Shadow - cost 50 - Creates a shadow copy on the right side of Tenebris, which acts exactly the same for 3/4/5/6 sec and attracts enemy fire.
-> works the same as Luxys' "mirror".

#2 - Aura of Darkness - cost 50 - Reduces the physical and elemental defenses of surrounding enemies during 10/12/14/16 sec.

#3 - Dark Ray - cost 75 - Same as Light Ray, but deals cold + blast damage.

#4 - Ban the Light - cost 100 - Instantly disables any defensive enemy ability in a 20m radius for a 10/14/18/22s duration. Also affects shield ospreys. Deals 500 blast damage to any enemy in the area, with 25% proc chance as well.

- - - - - - - - - -

Interaction between the twin warframes :

As you can see, alone they are not really powerful. (still casting a double ray with the help of a clone can be devastating)
But putting them together in a squad would create new opportunities.

Here are developed ideas : 

Innate duo buff : When together, Luxys and Tenebris benefit from a slow energy regen.

Possibility : If one of the twin frames uses a certain amount of energy in less than 20 metters from the other twin, the other will recover the same amount of energy. 

It makes the combined abilities more likely to be used.

Combined abilities :

#1 : If they use their first ability in a 15m radius of the other's ongoing first ability, the two clones will stop just copying their caster and will become independent clones for 6/8/10/12 sec. Three seconds before they disappear, both of them will unleash their 3rd ability on the nearest target and then perform a circle attack.

#2 : If they cast their 2nd ability in the radius of the other's ongoing 2nd ability, both will be effective in the 20m radius of the two casters. It means that if Tenebris casts her aura in the Luxy's aura, she will also reduce enemie's accuracy in her radius.
Duration increased by 4 seconds when the combined ability is activated.

#3 : If the dark ray enters in direct contact with the light ray, a giant explosion occurs, dealing 1100/1300/1600/1800 blast + radiation damage in a 25m radius around the point of impact, without suppressing the initial rays.

#4 : If light and shadow are banned in the same time in the same area, all enemies in the combined radius will suffer from a 2000 PURE damage DoT (meaning this damage will not be affected by any resistance) over the abilitie's duration.

Open to any feedback and suggestions !

112121twin.jpg

Edited by DeadScream

I like it, combined #4 seems a tad weak though, 200 damage a second may be okay early on, but later, it's terribly UP.

For example, I can top that DOT with one shot from my Boltor Prime, and that's full auto.

I gave it a low damage as the real damaging skill is the number 3, and as Loki uses non-damaging abilities without being called "UP" ^^ 

But you are right. The enemy abilities being something less common than their weapons, maybe even the "ban" should be damaging skills in addition to support ones. 

I'll upgrade this :3

Might I suggest the Shadow frames name be Acerbus (latin for darkness)?

Doesn't sound very female, even though I like it a lot :< 

Acerbia ? 

Well, I don't know.

Inverse would be better. I would much rather a female angel and a male demon. I can play with a female demon just not with a male angel.

Why ? x__x 

I thought of it because we already have an angelic female (Trinity) and a demonic male (Nekros), so breaking the habit would not hurt too much IMHO.

though 2000 pure damage for 5 seconds will do sh*t loads of damage for 40m. Imo 1200 seems a bit more reasonable.

Instead of pitching it down, could i extend the DoT duration to the abilitie's duration ? So that it doesn't deal loads of damage on a small duration but remains something strong on the duration.

I like the general idea, having two specific frames work together seems better then having crossovers between all frames as suggested short time ago. Running out of time atm, so here a bit of advice: Your lore is way off.

Warframes been created AFTER the orokin era. Therefore its odd that your lore features two frames that been locked away for a long time by the orokin. Please read the Excalibur lore for further information, it also states excailbur was the first, so thats not a way to explain it.

I like the general idea, having two specific frames work together seems better then having crossovers between all frames as suggested short time ago. Running out of time atm, so here a bit of advice: Your lore is way off.

Warframes been created AFTER the orokin era. Therefore its odd that your lore features two frames that been locked away for a long time by the orokin. Please read the Excalibur lore for further information, it also states excailbur was the first, so thats not a way to explain it.

Huhh. I've read it all, and I probably misunderstood then :o 

In my mind, Excalibur was the first, but was created by the orokin to fight against their enemy. 

Where am I wrong ? 

I'm convinced the warframes are an orokin creation x___x

Huhh. I've read it all, and I probably misunderstood then :o 

In my mind, Excalibur was the first, but was created by the orokin to fight against their enemy. 

Where am I wrong ? 

I'm convinced the warframes are an orokin creation x___x

Warframes are Orokin in origin (heh, try saying that five times faster), but that is confined to the Prime frames thus far, which are Orokin Relics, the majority of Warframes are Tenno designs based on older blueprints and available materials.

Oh well ! 

What if an orokin tower developed it's own warframe because of strange distorsion into space, and we would have to reach and defeat an animated version of the Chaos warframe (created by the hazards of the Void) during an event, before being able to use the twin ? 

You know i have some sketches for a "Holy Warframe" idea i had a couple of weeks ago, just the design overall but didnt got any idea for a skillset.

If you want i can post the sketch (When i get back home) and see if you like it for the light twin. He was male though so i have to tweak it and make it female, maybe work on the dark twin as well.

I really love the idea of twin frames having interactions whit eachother

You know i have some sketches for a "Holy Warframe" idea i had a couple of weeks ago, just the design overall but didnt got any idea for a skillset.

If you want i can post the sketch (When i get back home) and see if you like it for the light twin. He was male though so i have to tweak it and make it female, maybe work on the dark twin as well.

I really love the idea of twin frames having interactions whit eachother

I'd love to see that ! 

I'm still working on the concept, so stats could change, but in my mind they have to share exactly the same stats and have common visual features. 

Also they have to be somewhat skinny without being as fragil as Loki. 

Fast and lightly armored. 

Maybe one of those 35-armor warframes :3

Try at a better lore, involving a new mission in the void. 

We discovered a distorted Orokin Tower in the void. Shattered with screams of it's own will. We don't understand, Tenno. 

But this tower has created an entity of Light and Darkness, spreading Chaos everywhere. 

"It" eleminated all of the defenses of the Tower, and all of the corrupted units who were here. 

Stick together, and find it. You will hear it's painful cries, stay focused. 

Edited by DeadScream

I can see that there is still much confusion about lore, i discussed this with my buddies some time ago and we were able to create a time-shedule for it, so here we go:

The orokin empire got destroyed by the "revolution" of the sentinents, at that time there were no warframes.

The sentinents simply where civilians turning against the supposingly computer controlled empire back then, growing stronger in numbers and will over time.

Having no other option then fleeing, the lotus and her bravest servants, fled into the void. As the void is unbearable for normal human beings, most of them got twisted and psychotic. But some of them survived, called "rejects" they got enchased into steel armor to become warframes, fighers of the lotus. The first one was Excalibur.

Basicly once the time of bliss and luxory was over the warframes emerged out of the tragedy of the void and became defenders against the "sentinent", to this point we dont know who they were, but to me and some buddies, it seems like the lotus ruled/tried to rule with the help of the soon to be warframes.

Stalker and Excalibur codex are very strong lore posts in this concern, and should avialbe in wiki if you didn't scan them yet.

Anyway, all the lore (expect for the proto armor skin, which is just there to make a fan-serviceto dark sector) clearly states that warframes arent a thing before the orokin empire.

/edit ATTENTION, codex spoiler for excalibur warframe in "spoiler" ;)

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed. We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We built a frame around them, a conduit of their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our saviors. Warrior-Gods cast in steel and fury striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.
Excalibur was the first.
- Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

Edited by St0l3n_ID

^Thats not the actual problem, i think its very likley for newer frames to be played at the same time, if they are released simultaniously.

However i'm really not happy with the abilities, i think there is much more possible with warframe-"relatives".

Especially as they are the opposite to each other they could be way more reactive/explosive.

They could either nullify or immensly enhance their effects, there is so much possibility behind this idea, that i want to encourage the intial creator to further enchance his idea :)

It's very unlikely that two of these frames will be on the same team. And they have no directly offensive skills.

Alone they are a mix between Loki and some others, but they are far from being weak. 

Using the clone + the ray (as you can use the ray as a 50m sword if you move it) would result in really powerful attacks, even alone ^^ 

Their ultimate skills are variants of the "radial disarm", but focused on enemy abilities. 

The fact they don't deal a lot of damage is balanced by the fact it would save them many times against leader units, and sometimes provide a non-negligible advantage.

But still I'm not done working on those skills, so they might change :)

Keep the feedback going !

What do you think about the Chaos Form being a personification of the void (= not a tenno), and the twin being warframes created by Lotus based on this chaos form ?

(I edited the main post with this lore and with some details about the mission)