Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Actual True Dual Wield Swords?

Beas7ie

What I mean is that we can dual wield kamas, axes, and daggers, but we can't dual wield SWORDS.  What I want is to actually have 2 Swords, as in a Sword in main hand and a Sword in the off hand.  I'm honestly not  a fan of this sword in off hand, dagger in main hand stuff, and see the new weapon which was a cool laser/plasma cutlass in the offhand with the wimpy knife in the main hand disappointed me.  

DE pls let me dual wield SWORDS.

Also if Thorkell can dual wield full size battle axes, then we should be able to at least get 2 full size swords.

2ntgu8y.jpg

Edited by Beas7ie

As are dual heat swords, and possibly the upcoming dual katanas.

Traditionally, people always used a sword in their main hand and a dagger in their offhand. This was primarily done so they have a short range weapon, as the main gauche with the rapier, that it would be easier to attack in close range.

That, and parrying with the short blade was also done, I believe, while a fatal blow was delivered with their main hand. They rarely went bladestorm in duels.

So, I do see a logic of using sword and dagger. But this is so super fantasy, I personally wouldn't mind two equal length swords.

Heck, make it another weapon option: the dual longswords. DE needs an exorbitant amount of mastery to reach Mastery 30 anyways, and I do love my symmetry.

I'm also keenly waiting on a rapier/main gauche set for my Volt.

Good times!

I never really noticed that... Huh. This thread has earned my +1 for actual dual swords.

I was gonna mention the Dual Ichors, but apparently they are considered axes, even though they look more like swords to me. :/

Edited by RyojinOrion

Nope.

One of the skanas in that set is a short little skana dagger.

Are you sure? I thought they were the only ones that are the same length. They are in the pictures and screenshots I find on google.

Edited by Bakim0n0

Guys, Dagger =/= Shortsword

The offhand has a shorter blade, this is because weilding two same-sized weapons is generally a royal pain. Samurai and NInja (what tenno losely are based from) always ensured the off blade was smaller.

It could have been extreme, like the Katana vs Wakazashi or it could've been a bit closer if you where super huge like Miyamoto Musashi who weilded a a katana in his off hand, and the japanese equivelent of a hand-and-a-half sword.

Are you sure? I thought they were the only ones that are the same lenght. They are in the pictures and screenshots I find on google.

Nope if you see them in game the one that is above the butt is a tad bit shorter.

SirDraco_3.0_Dual_Skana.jpg

See one of em is a littttle shorter, not by a lot, but enough to say they are not the same length.

+1 for Twin Swords.

Heck yeah.

Twin heat swords

Twin ether swords

Twin dark sword

Twin pangolin swords

Twin katanas

Heck, many daggers don't have twins either.

Twin heat daggers

Twin ceramic daggers

Twin dark daggers

Bring back dual ethers (one of my favorite melee weapons)

And there we go. 9 extra weapons.

With melee 2.0 upcoming, it seems a good time to increase the variety and freedom of weapon choices. The twin swords animation may be able to follow the current dual weapons, but with statistical differences.

Nope if you see them in game the one that is above the butt is a tad bit shorter.

SirDraco_3.0_Dual_Skana.jpg

See one of em is a littttle shorter, not by a lot, but enough to say they are not the same length.

That one that is "a little shorter" is at an angle that hides part of the blade; look at the one I provided and measure yourself.

Also the top of one of the blades is cut off so how can you make that distinction?

Edited by Bakim0n0

an addendum:

Daggers are traditionaly in the 14"-18" range

The off hand weapons of the "dual _ swords" are roughly 2 feet in length which puts them in shortsword territory. (i arrived that this by basing the fact that the average frame is roughly 6 feet tall)

I would log into the game and check for myself but when I reset my account I didn't bother to make them xD

But I mean... just LOOK at the icon.

The other dual sword weapons have distinctly smaller blades but the dual skana have the same blade twice.

Edited by Bakim0n0

That one that is "a little shorter" is at an angle that hides part of the blade; look at the one I provided and measure yourself.

Also the top of one of the blades is cut off so how can you make that distinction?

Let me google up another picture.

yFJOh.png

Edited by Utarious

again, the size difference isnt enough to merit the off hand being labeled as a dagger. In fact the only difference between a shortsword and a dagger is the name. When a smith makes one and calls it the other, its always the other. There have been daggers up to 2 feet in length, and their have been shortswords 18" long.

Its up to the creator, if DE says swords, they are swords.

I would log into the game and check for myself but when I reset my account I didn't bother to make them xD

But I mean... just LOOK at the icon.

The other dual sword weapons have distinctly smaller blades but the dual skana have the same blade twice.

I would log in and claim my built Dual Skanas, but I don't have an open slot for it yet.

I guess I have to make a dual skana again.

But the icon shows them the same and also, just an fyi, notice those blue balls there? Yeah, that's not really an up to date picture. Just sayin. (what was that one of the 5.0 versions?)