Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Actual True Dual Wield Swords?

Beas7ie

I guess I have to make a dual skana again.

But the icon shows them the same and also, just an fyi, notice those blue balls there? Yeah, that's not really an up to date picture. Just sayin. (what was that one of the 5.0 versions?)

That's all google seems to have.

So if someone can take a modern picture. :l

That's all google seems to have.

So if someone can take a modern picture. :l

srs? I linked one before you linked anything.

I am looking at my Dual Skana and Dual Ether right now, and they both have a dagger. Its clearly smaller, i would say 30% ~ 40% smaller than the main Sword.

Ether is most definantly a dagger, Skana I don't believe is. I think the offhand may be slightly smaller but I'm pretty sure they are the same size on excal and the foundry / game icons show them as being the same size.

Ether is most definantly a dagger, Skana I don't believe is. I think the offhand may be slightly smaller but I'm pretty sure they are the same size on excal and the foundry / game icons show them as being the same size.

LOL They are not. Ok i guess i'll have to take a screenshot to prove it.

I know, those are all the photos I could find of them. INCLUDING. yours.

The market and foundry icons depicted them as same size always, even when in the photo I posted when the offhand was obviously smaller than the main.

I know, those are all the photos I could find of them. INCLUDING. yours.

The market and foundry icons depicted them as same size always, even when in the photo I posted when the offhand was obviously smaller than the main.

The one I found you can see they are either the same size or so close you can barely tell.

And yes, but the foundry and game icons don't show that for any of the other dual variants on swords. The DHS and Ether very clearly have a dagger.

I think while it may be slightly shorter, as someone else pointed out they are still swords.

Ok, it's smaller, but I wouldn't really say that they are small enough that the offhand one would be a dagger instead of a second sword.

Yes it can most likely be considered a short-sword but the OP is asking to be able to dual wield for example, the larger skana's.

They are both short swords; but that's besides the point.

DE could totally do this by releasing a wep skin instead of making a whole new weapon that is so close to the others you wonder what the point of it all is.

I personally say it is fine as is.

But that's just me.

100% agree; I just mean to appease those who want evenly sized swords. I feel like there's a good mix of weapons and would love to see more skins rather than pointlessly expanded choices.

(p.s. this does not mean I'm against new weapons, just new weapons that do the same thing as another weapon and is either less optimal or better than the previous version rendering one of them pointless)

Dual Dakra Primes.

Whoa now.  Encouraging people to farm that sword twice might cause more than just a few tables to get flipped.

DE kept things semi-realistic in going the sword-dagger route.  This is ideal because in actuality two equal length swords often just got in the way of each other and were actually kind of redundantly pointless.  The dagger could be effectively used in extreme CQC where the sword was unwieldy, and also doubled as the better parry weapon as daggers were often thicker and sturdier than swords, and consequently, were more capable of puncturing through heavy armor as a result (notice: the fangs are all about puncture for this very reason) while the sword offered reach and slicing action.

But like another said, this is far eastern high fantasy with space ships, machine guns and high-octane nightmare-fueled power armor.  I don't know if a skin will fit the bill though: the dagger in each dual-wield pairing has it's own set range, which is naturally shorter than the sword counterpart.  It might actually take a whole new weapon.  Alternatively, a reskin of the only sword length dual-wield weapon: the dual kamas.  Honestly, I couldn't tell you if the dual-ichor sports a similar reach.

Edited by Littleman88

Dual Ether.

Sword and Dagger 

Dual Skana? (As well as the above)

Sword and Short Sword

isnt dual heat swords a thing

Sword and Dagger

I remember I was disappointed by this when I first started playing Warframe. I wish we could, but I think it's just the way they do things.

It's not like they can't change things.  I mean this wouldn't be a hard thing to do.  

It says Dual Heat Swords, but one of them is the Heat Dagger. Dual Skana is the only actual dual swords in the game from what I know.

The main hand skana is shorter. I noticed that difference right away.

As are dual heat swords, and possibly the upcoming dual katanas.

Traditionally, people always used a sword in their main hand and a dagger in their offhand. This was primarily done so they have a short range weapon, as the main gauche with the rapier, that it would be easier to attack in close range.

That, and parrying with the short blade was also done, I believe, while a fatal blow was delivered with their main hand. They rarely went bladestorm in duels.

So, I do see a logic of using sword and dagger. But this is so super fantasy, I personally wouldn't mind two equal length swords.

Heck, make it another weapon option: the dual longswords. DE needs an exorbitant amount of mastery to reach Mastery 30 anyways, and I do love my symmetry.

I'm also keenly waiting on a rapier/main gauche set for my Volt.

Good times!

This is correct in that in many cultures people used their longsword in their main hand a dagger or short sword in the offhand for parrying.  Miyamoto Musashi who is arguably the greatest swordsman from Japan was well known for using his long sword in his main hand, and for using his wakizashi with a reverse grip in his off hand.(As well as using boat oars and other stuff for weapons).

And TBH this wouldn't be quite as annoying if DE made it so that the long sword was in the main hand and the shorter one was in the off hand but instead they have this stupid system with longsword in offhand.  WTF

Also I want Dual Swords. 

I never really noticed that... Huh. This thread has earned my +1 for actual dual swords.

I was gonna mention the Dual Ichors, but apparently they are considered axes, even though they look more like swords to me. :/

Thank you, and I thought about the Dual Ichors, but left them out because they're both the same size, and they're classified as Axes even though I personally think they are a better fit in the dagger category.

Are you sure? I thought they were the only ones that are the same length. They are in the pictures and screenshots I find on google.

Not in game.  Maybe that was promotional art or something but if you check in game you can see the difference.