Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Actual True Dual Wield Swords?

Beas7ie

again, the size difference isnt enough to merit the off hand being labeled as a dagger. In fact the only difference between a shortsword and a dagger is the name. When a smith makes one and calls it the other, its always the other. There have been daggers up to 2 feet in length, and their have been shortswords 18" long.

Its up to the creator, if DE says swords, they are swords.

Go in game and look at the ether dagger and heat dagger.   Now look at the dual Ether and Dual heat sword.  The main hand weapons on that set are the ether dagger and the heat dagger respectively.    The skana could still technically be called a dual wield swords because the main hand is more of a wakizashi. 

But still the point of this thread isn't to argue about the technicalities between long swords, short swords, and daggers, but rather to try and get the point across that we want to actually dual wield long swords.  Not this short sword in the main hand crap.

There is a game I distincrly remember where the protagonist wields a katana in his right hand, and a hugeass sword in his left.

Brave Fencer Musashi ring a bell?

Now, it could be that he's left handed. But it could also be that there are tactics developed for heavier weapons on the offhand, while precise and fast movements like parries, ripostes and precision thrusts are done in the main hand.

It's not too far off in terms of logic, and heavy weapons do make it harder to reapond to attacks. I can see shortswords being rather useful in the main hand if you can get used to the weight in your offhand.

Think about it this way: most people aren't ambidextrous. So when someone does decide to take two weapons, which would be rare, they would take a smaller weapon for their off-hand, usually to make up for the weaknesses of the main-hand weapon. So dual swords doesn't necessarily have to mean a pair of identical weapons.

As was suggested earlier in the thread, twin swords could be a thing. It'd be boring to just see the current dual swords being copied into twin swords (Twin Plasma and Twin Dark Swords would be loved by many, I'm sure), so it'd be a good place to feature new weapons. Make them similar to dual daggers, each attack swings both swords, and they have pretty good range, but maybe put them on the slower side. It's a fair idea for a new type of weapon grip, I'd say.

Before you get your dual swords, can I have my CHAIN SWORDS please ?

You are all forgetting the power of the SWORD-CHUCKS!!!

And when the world finally knows the power of it, then we will have DUAL SWORD-CHUCKS, FOR GREAT JUSTICE

It's a Japanese thing... They used to carry a long sword and a short sword... It's trying to be ninja'ish. 

It's actually done in Europe and many other cultures too but there is a difference between DE's version and what is usually done.  Historically the long sword was used with your main hand and the shorter one in your off hand for parrying and breaking the enemy's guard. 

DE has is &#! backwards and the long sword is in the OFFhand while the short sword is in the main hand.  That's what really irks me.

Also I just want 2 sword swords.

Or 2 Great Swords, or 2 Reapers.

Let me Dual Wield Reaper Primes and/or Galatine, that would be awesome.

One thing I'd like to see is separate buttons for each sword. 

Since most of the dual swords are actually swords and daggers I'd think it'd be neat to have separate attack buttons for each, with new animations, effects, and combos to go with it.

And then for the big combos instead of just pressing one key you'd have to press both of the attack keys at different points in the combo..

I understand dual wielding being the concept of being a sword for offensive and the dagger being purely defensive because they are the 'sword breaker' of the two. Since there isn't a real way of disarming, the Sword Breaker concept isn't there, which I would love to see in melee 2.0, ability to disarm enemies by melee into a close fighting instead of run and gun.