Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Actual True Dual Wield Swords?

Beas7ie

Yep, the Dual Heat Sword change was incredibly nice.

Beas7ie already mentioned the dual weapons I also want to see given the same treatment (Dual Ethers <3, Dual Skana etc). One weapon I would like to see an equal length dual version of is the Cronus. Dual Cronus wouldn't be that powerful, but it'd sure look sexy.

Yep, the Dual Heat Sword change was incredibly nice.

Beas7ie already mentioned the dual weapons I also want to see given the same treatment (Dual Ethers <3, Dual Skana etc). One weapon I would like to see an equal length dual version of is the Cronus. Dual Cronus wouldn't be that powerful, but it'd sure look sexy.

Dual Dakra Prime, and give us a sword only version of the Nami Skyla

I find it hilarious, how some people go "Yeah, well, the off-hand is shorter, but its not a dagger...its a shortsword...yeah..." - well, you dont get the whole point of having dual swords then. Its about elegance, balance, perfection. You have two identical weapons which are wielded with equal skill in both hands. Sword & Dagger means, that your off-hand executes simple movements like stabbing, rather than actually fencing like you would have with a sword.

Dual Zoren, Dual Kamas - they look marvelous, because they represent what ive spoken about. Sword & Dagger is just not the same as a pair of swords. To put into extreme comparison, so you understand wtf is meant - imagine one frame with dual heat daggers and one with dual Galatine.

Edited by Kasseopea

Bad quality I know

If I ever feel the urge to do so, I'll upload my own exibition of the same content

EDIT :: an example of how two swords can work

Edited by Guest

Its about elegance, balance, perfection. You have two identical weapons which are wielded with equal skill in both hands. Sword & Dagger means, that your off-hand executes simple movements like stabbing, rather than actually fencing like you would have with a sword.

Truth to be told, combining two longswords is highly impractical at, at best, would look rather clumsy - holding one weapon in each hand weakens your grip and interferes with body balance; (unless you're ambidextrous) it's impossible to execute same range of manoeuvres with main hand and off hand, hence the latter is usually dedicated for defence. Blades of different length complement each other: shorter is easier to operate - it allows to execute swift strikes and quickly block attacks that can't be blocked with longer blade.

However...

It's not the point - it's a freakin' space ninja game - practical purposes doesn't ally here. There is yet another reason: notice how guns are holstered. Primary gun is placed on back, leaving place for only one melee weapon (second would clip badly while using secondary gun). Developers decided to put second blade horizontally beneath the first one. Sadly, full-sized blade in that place would clip with arms and look plain stupid.

Truth to be told, combining two longswords is highly impractical at, at best, would look rather clumsy - holding one weapon in each hand weakens your grip and interferes with body balance; (unless you're ambidextrous) it's impossible to execute same range of manoeuvres with main hand and off hand, hence the latter is usually dedicated for defence. Blades of different length complement each other: shorter is easier to operate - it allows to execute swift strikes and quickly block attacks that can't be blocked with longer blade.

However...

It's not the point - it's a freakin' space ninja game - practical purposes doesn't ally here. There is yet another reason: notice how guns are holstered. Primary gun is placed on back, leaving place for only one melee weapon (second would clip badly while using secondary gun). Developers decided to put second blade horizontally beneath the first one. Sadly, full-sized blade in that place would clip with arms and look plain stupid.

Are we really going to talk about practicality in a game, where we use short, badly angled scythes, which would be uber-terrible to use in RL at any given point, since the clipping ingame shows that you would cut your own arms and legs off when using them as our frames do?

Ambidexterity can be trained. Its hard, but just as people who loose their right arm and then gain almost perfect control of the left, you can actually aquire it.

And the 2nd blade could be just placed parallel to the first, like in any other game or in RL. Thats like saying "Well, we wanted to implement a Gauss-Cannon as a heavy weapon, but since we wanted our Warframes to be sticking it up their nose, its only 2-centimeters big." - yeah, well, how about developing the weapon first and then decide where it will be carried?

Tanto or Wakizashi were worn in this manner. Not because its terribly practical, but because you could hide them this way and i rather doubt that we are going for "surprise muddaf*cker, i had a knife hidden all the time" after slaughtering about 200 of their troops already in this mission only.

Bad quality I know

If I ever feel the urge to do so, I'll upload my own exibition of the same content

EDIT :: an example of how two swords can work

Saw the video and yes that could work.  Or they can also keep the current stances and just get rid of those puny daggers and add in swords.  Many people say that 2 full sized swords is clumsy in real life but that's not really the case.  I've been training in martial arts for over 16 years and I actually can dual wield 2 full size swords.  There's a lot to consider, but it does work in RL if you have the skill and training.  And besides this isn't RL.  This is a frekkin space ninja game.  If you can stomp your foot and F*** up space and time, jump high in the air and kill a bunch of guys with a face plant, go invisible, or summon a frekkin kraken, then why the hell can we not have 2 full size swords?  WHY!?

Also now I want something like this

• 2 weeks later...

So I read this...and laugh a little because I actually am ambidextrous. My personal favourite weapon I can think of to use in RL would be twin long swords, perhaps more like twin rapiers or katanas. Though I would like them double-edged, so I can reverse grip easily.

So I read this...and laugh a little because I actually am ambidextrous. My personal favourite weapon I can think of to use in RL would be twin long swords, perhaps more like twin rapiers or katanas. Though I would like them double-edged, so I can reverse grip easily.

I've done martial arts(including weapons training) for over 16 years and personally one of my favorite fighting styles is dual wield reverse grip swords.  Think Starkiller from Force Unleashed 2. That's what I want here in Warframe

• 2 months later...

I find it hilarious, how some people go "Yeah, well, the off-hand is shorter, but its not a dagger...its a shortsword...yeah..." - well, you dont get the whole point of having dual swords then. Its about elegance, balance, perfection. You have two identical weapons which are wielded with equal skill in both hands. Sword & Dagger means, that your off-hand executes simple movements like stabbing, rather than actually fencing like you would have with a sword.

Like this