Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Mods Revisit. Lots Of Useless Mods Need Changing.

Makemap

Also for Hydroid, why not just called him "Hydro" instead. Hydroid sounds like a robot for god sake. I mean Frost and Ember doesn't have extra ending in their name.

"Hey, its Hydro." That sound pretty good already. Hydroid?? Freaking android more likely.

Anyways back to topic. There are a bunch of useless mods that should seriously change to make them more useful for speed, stealth, and survivability runs.

Here is a list of changes:

1. Intruder: Increase Chance of Auto-Hacking. Max Rank = 60% meaning 10% each level.

Reason: Since we can turn off Alarm now, this would be more useful for stealth run. As for Lockdown, we have to hack 2 times already. It'll be a trade off of crafting Cypher using one mod slot. Seriously, 6 second more is really dumb, I mean we already have enemies shooting at us.

2. Aviator: Increase Jump Height. Max rank = 100% Jump Height.

Reason: Allow for faster escape against mob. Basically you would Jump over mobs. Can stack with Zephyr increased jump height.

3. Acrobat: Increase speed of wall running.

Reason: We already have enough Stamina mods to survive a long wall run(tested). There are wallrun in the game where you have to get to the other side or going up secret loot places. It is much better when you wallrun and jump over there straight away instead of taking your time going through multiple walls. I mean who would put this over Marathon right now? You much rather had more stamina as default.

4. Enemy Sense: Allow you to see certain amount of enemies through wall.(This becomes a skill mod like Heavy Impact basically)

Reason: This would allow you to accurately shoot through walls and kill enemies when you have puncture mods on. I mean we already have "Enemy Radar". Having two of the same mods, and one being rare is pointless. This new mod stat makes a lot more sense with the mod name too.

5. Physique: Enemies Elemental damage is reduced. Max rank = -12%. -2% each rank.

Reason: There is Rejuvenation, I much rather have this stat than crappy 18% more health that could easily be drained by elemental damage, especially DoT(dam Napalms, and Toxic). 4 players = 48% elemental damage reduction(including DoT, and maybe bleeding DoT). This makes this mod more useful later on.

6. Dead Eye: Increase Sniper Rifle punch through range. Max 3.0m.

0.5m each rank, this means max rank is 5.

Note: Sniper rifle should have more punch through than rifles. They are high powered rifles.

Reason: There are not enough mod slot for Sniper Rifle to include punch through mod(Metal Auger). Stacking this with the new "Enemy Sense" mod will allow pure stealth assassination gameplay against enemies like playing as a sniper class. They will not know what hit them. There is a reason why Enemy Sense is rare right? It should remain rare.

Edited by Makemap

You know, your suggestions are actually very good ideas, giving mods that, as is, are pretty useless, a damn good, niche use, for those who want to spare a mod slot for it. That's what these mods should've been from the start.

Also for Hydroid, why not just called him "Hydro" instead. Hydroid sounds like a robot for god sake. I mean Frost and Ember doesn't have extra ending in their name.

"Hey, its Hydro." That sound pretty good already. Hydroid?? Freaking android more likely.

Anyways back to topic. There are a bunch of useless mods that should seriously change to make them more useful for speed, stealth, and survivability runs.

Here is a list of changes:

1. Intruder: Increase Chance of Auto-Hacking. Max Rank = 60% meaning 10% each level.

Reason: Since we can turn off Alarm now, this would be more useful for stealth run.

2. Aviator: Increase Jump Height. Max rank = 100% Jump Height.

Reason: Allow for faster escape against mob. Basically you would Jump over mobs.

3. Acrobat: Increase speed of wall running.

Reason: We already have enough Stamina mods to survive a long wall run(Tested). There are wallrun in the game where you have to get to the other side or going up secret loot places. It is much better when you wallrun and jump over there straight away instead of taking your time going through multiple walls.

4. Enemy Sense: Allow you to see certain amount of enemies through wall.(This becomes a skill mod like Heavy Impact basically)

Reason: This would allow you to accurately shoot through wall and kill enemies when you have puncture mods on. I mean we already have "Enemy Radar."

5. Physique: Enemies Elemental damage is reduced. Max rank = -12%. -2% each rank.

Reason: There is Rejuvenation, I much rather have this stat than crappy 18% more health that could easily be drained by elemental damage, especially DoT(dam Napalms, and Toxic). 4 players = 48%  damage reduction. This makes this mod more useful later on.

1. Proposed change is still useless

2. You can already copter out of a horde of enemies with any frame.

3. Walljumping is already fast.

4. Has a niche for those who want radar without gimping their aura and cluttering others' minimaps.  (Still not worth a slot due to the scarcity of slots.)

5. -12% is still useless, they should just buff the health value or overhaul auras

1. Proposed change is still useless

2. You can already copter out of a horde of enemies with any frame.

3. Walljumping is already fast.

4. Has a niche for those who want radar without gimping their aura and cluttering others' minimaps.  (Still not worth a slot due to the scarcity of slots.)

5. -12% is still useless, they should just buff the health value or overhaul auras

Don't reply like that if you don't play other warframes or weapons. I can tell you never level other stuff.

1. Not its not, we have to hack twice now due to lock down. It is much better than increase 6 seconds. Also Cypher cost BP to craft now. This would reduce our time hacking and right back into action.

2. Not Heavy Slams, not everyone has the same build or use the same weapons.

3. Lies. Obviously you don't play Frost.

4. ??? It would obviously work for Stealth kills(especially Sniper rifles) and you might end up seeing Heavies before you run into them.

5. Reduce Damage > Health due to all the bleeding proc that has been added. Reduction of damage is the way to go unless all the warframes got an armor buff. This reduces normal elemental damage also the DoT damage which would allow you to survive higher levels.

Edited by Makemap

Don't reply like that if you don't play other warframes or weapons. I can tell you never level other stuff.

1. Not its not, we have to hack twice now due to lock down. It is much better than increase 6 seconds. Also Cypher cost BP to craft now. This would reduce our time hacking and right back into action.

2. Not Heavy Slams, not everyone has the same build or use the same weapons.

3. Lies. Obviously you don't play Frost.

4. ??? It would obviously work for Stealth kills(especially Sniper rifles) and you might end up seeing Heavies before you run into them.

5. Reduce Damage > Health due to all the bleeding proc that has been added. Reduction of damage is the way to go unless all the warframes got an armor buff. This reduces normal elemental damage also the DoT damage which would allow you to survive higher levels.

My response was curt but it is an informed and legitimate response. I hack terminals, I copter away from danger (even with heavy weapons,) I run Frost without Rush or a copter weapon all the time, Enemy Sense is functional but not worth a slot and neither is your proposed replacement, and a small situational damage reduction is not worth giving up Energy Siphon (nothing is, really so we need an aura overhaul.)  I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by RealPandemonium

My response was curt but it is an informed and legitimate response. I hack terminals, I copter away from danger (even with heavy weapons,) I run Frost without Rush or a copter weapon all the time, Enemy Sense is functional but not worth a slot and neither is your proposed replacement, and a small situational damage reduction is not worth giving up Energy Siphon (nothing is, really so we need an aura overhaul.)  I know what I'm talking about.

You probably don't play a varities of warframe long enough to know the dangers of each frames and their drawback, especially the high levels ones. Many frame skills become very weak and pointless and can have an open mod slot. There is 4 players, not like you need energy siphon all the time. I use Rejuv for many frames and melee charge(because of 18 pts and polarity). Physique, Health increase it litterly pointless at extremely high lvl places(especially when you have Rejuv).

Seriously, your arguement against Enemy sense is pointless. How could you say no to Enemy Sense buff, it basically works the same, except the fact, you don't see a whole lot of enemies on radar further out, but this time you can see them all behind walls.

You can see the Heavies, Commander, and normal units. I much rather have that, than the original radar where you cannot tell what type of enemies are coming. You would be picking out the heavies before they would come to you unlike the original stat.

Not everyone is going to use the Zoren and soon Melee 2.0 we probably see more Glaive users. There are other weapons that deal strong damage to save your life like Galatine.

Would you rather keep trying to Zoren copter away with Frost jumping wall to wall and fail sometime or have an increase speed that you can jump over 3-4 wall instantly to the spot you want instead of switch jumping from platform to platform?

When you Zoren Copter you cannot shoot or use warframe skills on enemies and usually you can get heavy slammed if he comes out of no where.

Edited by Makemap

We desperately just need more slots.  It takes about 3-4 formas to go from not having enough points to having not enough slots.  Unfortunately, unless mods are categorized such that these extra slots don't go towards extra damage or life, that's all they'll be good for.

It'd be nice if extra ammo, larger magazines, or faster reloads had a special mod slot reserved only for them for example.  Pick a utility.  The current system doesn't really offer customization, except where maybe instead of having blast and corrosive, One might just opt for even more corrosive via the event poison and electric mods, but that's only a choice for those that participated in those events.  On that note: event mods really shouldn't stay exclusive for months at a time.  All of this exclusivity is getting really old.  Right now, nightmare and corrupted mods are the only points of customization precisely because they often provide some form of mixing and matching.  Give up a little damage, get some utility as well, like wildfire versus hellfire.

You probably don't play a varities of warframe long enough to know the dangers of each frames and their drawback, especially the high levels ones. Many frame skills become very weak and pointless and can have an open mod slot. There is 4 players, not like you need energy siphon all the time. I use Rejuv for many frames and melee charge(because of 18 pts and polarity). Physique, Health increase it litterly pointless at extremely high lvl places(especially when you have Rejuv).

Seriously, your arguement against Enemy sense is pointless. How could you say no to Enemy Sense buff, it basically works the same, except the fact, you don't see a whole lot of enemies on radar further out, but this time you can see them all behind walls.

You can see the Heavies, Commander, and normal units. I much rather have that, than the original radar where you cannot tell what type of enemies are coming. You would be picking out the heavies before they would come to you unlike the original stat.

Not everyone is going to use the Zoren and soon Melee 2.0 we probably see more Glaive users. There are other weapons that deal strong damage to save your life like Galatine.

Would you rather keep trying to Zoren copter away with Frost jumping wall to wall and fail sometime or have an increase speed that you can jump over 3-4 wall instantly to the spot you want instead of switch jumping from platform to platform?

When you Zoren Copter you cannot shoot or use warframe skills on enemies and usually you can get heavy slammed if he comes out of no where.

I have played most of the available frames long enough to get a feel for their play-styles (I am going through all the frames to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, 5 left to go.)  My feedback is grounded in experience.

You don't need Zoren to copter.  Even a Glaive with Fury is enough copter speed to keep up with a group and even a heavy weapon like Fragor or Galatine can copter out of a group of enemies if you have Fury equipped (or just jump-kick, seriously.)    

Your enemy sense suggestion is not an unwelcome idea but would still not be worth equipping.

Faster wallrun will also never be worth slotting in the current system, especially since walljumping is fast enough already.  

The bottom line is that we need more slots for customization, perhaps a second tier of slots for utility mods only.  Currently the best mods are so much more powerful than the less useful mods that having them compete for space means that the lesser mods will never see use.  

We desperately just need more slots.  It takes about 3-4 formas to go from not having enough points to having not enough slots.  Unfortunately, unless mods are categorized such that these extra slots don't go towards extra damage or life, that's all they'll be good for.

It'd be nice if extra ammo, larger magazines, or faster reloads had a special mod slot reserved only for them for example.  Pick a utility.  The current system doesn't really offer customization, except where maybe instead of having blast and corrosive, One might just opt for even more corrosive via the event poison and electric mods, but that's only a choice for those that participated in those events.  On that note: event mods really shouldn't stay exclusive for months at a time.  All of this exclusivity is getting really old.  Right now, nightmare and corrupted mods are the only points of customization precisely because they often provide some form of mixing and matching.  Give up a little damage, get some utility as well, like wildfire versus hellfire.

I agree.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/181928-aura-slot-for-weapons/